Best car for 10K | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best car for 10K

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by LAfun2, Jan 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferruccio

Ferruccio Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2003
    olathe, KS
    Full Name:
    Dan Gordon
    My buddy had a Stealth TT and his Dad had a 3000GT TT. The Stealth was a great car but we did run it to the ground (don't think we droped that clutch under 5000 rpms). His Dad still drives his 3000GT with little to no problems.

Also you might take a look at a Mustang GT. Especally with the new one coming out the prices have fallen a little bit. You can get a real clean 2000 mustang GT with 50,000 or so miles for under $10,000.

With the amount you want to spend I honestly would get a C4.

www.Autotrader.com
    www.cars.com

2. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    X1/9 with a lampredi twin-cam, and/or volumex supercharger, or an uno turbo transplant.

looks, handling, power/weight near an elise, and practicality. :)

sweet auto-x video - 6mb ... check out that suspension, phwoar.

3. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
  4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Are they THAT cheap?

5. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Amazing to me as well, but yes. Can get one in the 8 - 10 range if you look around.
    I had one. Damn bulletproof, it was.

6. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Another vote for the 944. Maintenance might not be the cheapest but they pretty much meet all the other requirements.

Like wise I like the 911 SC as well, but well, they're older and the ones you'll find in the 8-10k range are high mileage examples or need some work. A quick nationwide search with collectorcartrader.com Shows about 2/3 in the 12-20k range and a 1/3 in the less than 12k range. If you can find a good one for 10k its definitely something to get, but you have to do some looking to find it.

7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    My choices are:
    1. Miata Very reliable and you can get a decent one in your price range and if you desire more power than the stock one there are plenty of mods available.
    2. Alfa spider Real fun car to drive and great styling kind of like a mini F-car. You should be able to pick one up for 6-7k and hold on to the other 3k for future maintenance/repairs.
    3. Mustang Gt A personal favorie of mine excellent performance, very reliable and cheap to own.
    As far as a 911 they are great cars to own and are relatively bulletproof but something will break sooner or later and it won't be cheap to fix/replace so keep that in mind.

8. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
    #33 yesod, Jan 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Miata. I've had several of them with no troubles at all. They are fun in that you can drive to their(and my) limits on the street.

10. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    erm, why have you needed several of them then?

11. mpolans

mpolans Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2004
    Don't know about the above poster, but I'm on my second Miata after a boo-boo in my first one. In between I had a Mustang GT; thought I'd try a v-8, since I'd never owned one before, but I ended up absolutely hating the thing.

12. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

I don't think need was implied?

Each one I had I put several tens of thousands of bullet-proof miles on. When I traded it was because I desired different colors or options.

13. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    My choice is the Acura Integra type R but since stealth is in the equation, it is out. It is still a great package though and you know the motor will go 200k miles if not abused (and all you need to do is the change oil).

Another suggestion is the E36 M3 (for 2-3k more). Strong and durable motor with awesome handling to boot (and it seats 4 people).