Pelican Hill Charity Wine Tasting March 20th wants Ferraris/Lamborghini's!! | FerrariChat

Pelican Hill Charity Wine Tasting March 20th wants Ferraris/Lamborghini's!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Italian21, Jan 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Italian21

Italian21 Karting

Sep 29, 2004
    Orange County
    The North American Foundation For the Cure of Diabetes is again putting on it's 3rd Annual "Taste For The Cure" at Pelican Hill Country Club in Newport Coast on March 20th. A big part of the event in years past has always been the display of Ferrari's and Lamborghini's out front. Last year we had about 50 cars and we'd like to improve on that this year. For those of you who have not been before this is a great day of wine, cigars, cars, sunshine, and good friends. Could you ask for more? Of course, anyone bringing an exotic car has FREE admission for them and a guest to the event. There will be 40 vintner's pouring wine's, silent wine auction, live wine auction, and catering by the Four Seasons. The event is an afternoon event running from 11 am to about 4 pm. Anyone interested in bringing a Ferrari or Lamborghini please contact me at [email protected] or 714-552-ENZO (3696) and we hope to see you there!!! For more info please go to www.curediabetesfoundation.com

2. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Cars, wine, I'm there.

3. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    Thanks John for supporting such a great cause. I was there last year and had a great time. I just recently poured the bottle of Screaming Eagle I was lucky enough to win at the auction and it was great. Please count me in. I hope to have my Murci Roadster by then so save me a spot upfront. I look forward to seeing you at CC in the morning.

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Screaming Eagle, it just keeps getting better. Look forward to meeting you.

5. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Hey,

Last year they gave me, a beautiful stainless steel out-door Bar-B-Q. All should go to this event. You are in a nice setting with nice views. The wines are given by the wineries. There is too much to drink. Only small slips can be taken or one might bid too high in the auction. Oh, what great fun it was last year. My wife loved it. She likes wine.

There were many nice cars parked with mine. All of us drivers liked to talk about the car they drove.

One can purchase at a very good price some interesting things at the golf club. My wife was happy. That is a good thing.

Come all and bring money to save.

A driver of the 550

6. markymark360f1

markymark360f1 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark
    pm me please and send me the details.
    I would be interested to go!!
    Thanks
    MARKYMARK

7. mannyk

mannyk Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2004
    Newport beach
    Full Name:
    Manny
    my Wife and I would come... sounds like fun

8. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Can't wait to meet everyone. Let's hope the weather forecast gets better.

9. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    We're signed up to come - extended forecast is a tad moist however.

Cheers
    Kevin

10. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I just checked with my owners manual and it turns out the car came stock with windshield wipers. I'm guess I'll have to go.

Jon

11. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    Hey Hun, can we go peese?

12. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The water on the ground is no big deal to me - however with the top up I get a blast of air right across my forehead which tells me the seal sheezza no so goood... and my soft top is untested in the wet but it seems to be made of kitchen towel material rather than proper canvas so I do worry a bit about interior moisture too.

We shall see - if its just misty I don't care!!

Cheers
    Kevin

13. Ferrari Diva

Ferrari Diva Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Diva
    I signed up for it- am waiting for the invite in the mail. I'm looking forward to a great day. I love the wine! And the cars! I hope this is a good singles mixer?!?!

14. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Have a safe driving, guys!

15. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    John, thanks for putting on a great event. I had a fun time. It looked like there were 50-60 F-cars and Lambos.

Byron, Kevin, Steve thanks for a fun time Saturday night. We'll have to do it again soon. Great meeting everyone.

Jon

16. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
    Thanks John,
    Jood work, Nice Event, I look fwd to next year..

Mike

17. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I had a lot of fun despite getting a speeding ticket on the 73 this morning.

18. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yes, thanks for all your hard work John S. and for Byron for getting the troops together. Good to see everyone :) Scott

19. Ferrari Diva

Ferrari Diva Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Diva
    I had a great time, it was nice meeting everyone!

20. SAF1

SAF1 Karting

Jun 26, 2003
    OC CA & Bangkok
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks John for putting on a great event. I had a fun time.

21. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks John, Byron, and JL
    I had a good time. Always nice to sip wine and be with friends.

22. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    John,
    What a wonderful event - thanks for hosting. Ferrari Driving Club is very proud to sponsor such a wonderful cause - it was great to hear from you about the history of the new center... good luck with that! Btw - next time you crack open a bottle of screaming eagle, you know who to call! ;)

Jon, Kevin (nancy jean), steven... thanks for the great company on sat night... and jon for the fine wine! Cask 23!!

It was great seeing everyone today - I think we're all on Mike Sage's waiting list to see who he'll invite to the custom sushi dinner for 10 he won at the auction!! :)

As for me, I will enjoy my new Ferrari-Carano wine tray and Schwartzegger & Sohn bottle opener and Penfolds wine won at the silent auction! :)

Cheers,
    Byron

23. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Great event John! You guys have put a lot of work into that and it shows. I had a great time seeing everyone yesterday. Can't wait till next year.

24. Italian21

Italian21 Karting

Sep 29, 2004
    Orange County
    Thanks so much to everyone that came out for the event!!! It was wonderful meeting everyone and I trust you all had a great time for a great cause. This was the best year yet for the event raising $250,000 in a single day!!! More important is all that money goes directly to the center and treatment with no one else getting anything as the foundation has no paid staff or help. We couldn't have done it without you all!! Special thanks to Byron, Tony Nobles (dude you bid on everything!!), and of course Mike ($11,000 for screaming eagle!!!)!!! Can't wait to do it again next year!!!

25. Ritz

Ritz Karting

Apr 24, 2004
    Orange County, CA.
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    John, Thanks for putting on an awesome event!
    I had an unencumbered time! Looking forward to your next event!