F-1 trans ? on a CS neutral to first? | FerrariChat

F-1 trans ? on a CS neutral to first?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by marknkidz, Feb 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Has anyone encountered this problem? On 2 occasions now, when at a stoplight i have the Car in Neutral. Light turns green, foot on brake flip the paddle.....Nothing..flip the paddle again....Nothing. Start flipping the paddle like i'm trying to fly.. after what seems to be an eternity (really i think 5 seconds) car engages in gear. I wonder if just pulling the paddle and holding it would help? anyone?

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Pulling the paddle and holding it will set an upshift error in the TCU. Hold it about 1 second and release. It can seem a little slow in responding especially with traffic behind you. If that does not do it, have it looked at.

BTW It is very misunderstood but, there is no benefit to the car to putting it in N at stops.

3. jrotsaert

jrotsaert Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Reading, UK
    Full Name:
    Jean-Marc
    Had the same issue, mine was a faulty sensor on the brake pedal
    JM

4. jrotsaert

jrotsaert Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Reading, UK
    Full Name:
    Jean-Marc
    Can you please explain why there is no benefit?
    THX
    JM

5. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    On the 360 the clutch stays compressed anytime the car is running and not moving, neutral or not.

6. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I believe you but it is odd compared to the stick. In the owners manual specifically recommends to put car in neutral and also not ride the pedal at all. Apparently the TO bearing will be activated with slight pressure on the pedal. Why would they do it differently for the F1?

7. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I know, you are correct but the F1 holds the clutch down all the time at a stop. It was not something they taught us. I found out by accident during a warranty diagnosis a few years ago. 355 does not do it. Have never taken the time to see if a 575 does but I suspect so.