512TR model : where to find ? | FerrariChat

512TR model : where to find ?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by peperonipurple, Feb 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peperonipurple

Feb 5, 2005
    Hi,

I am looking for a model of 512TR does anybody have an idea of where I can find ?

Thanks a lot

2. cavallinomodels

cavallinomodels Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
    Hello,

We have 512TR Yellow, Silver and Black ones in stock.

www.cavallinomodels.com

3. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Mira is the only manufacturer of the 1:18 512TR, while Mattel made the Testarossa and 512M. As Cavallino Models stated, they have it, and are probably the only source these days. I have not seen one on Ebay in over a year (unless it was from Cavallino Models).

After much searching, I bought a red one and a black one from them.

4. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Minichamps did a very nice one in 1:43. I have it in yellow.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    My TR (only) is from BBurago. I bet it could be found on ebay.

And welcome to Ferrarichat in general and this forum in particular. Cavallinomodels is a sponsor of FChat and a great company. I'm one of their happy customers.

6. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    The one thing I never liked about the Mira 512TR is that the front end sits too high over the wheels. There is a lever underneath that pops up the headlights (nice touch), but the car sits nose high.

Might be able to modify it to sit a little more level like the real car, but then again it is still a model and not too bad.

7. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    Found mine on Ebay $15.00 it is the Mira 512 TR in Black it is the GTS Version. And of course, the fron end does sit too high and the interior which is supposed to be cream is waay too light.

8. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i have a mira 512TR 1:18 and i think it's one of the crappiest models i own.

it looks to me like they took the old Testarossa stock off the warehouse shelves and just banged together some 512TRs out of them.

in fact, i dislike it so much i can't find it! it's not on my shelves here in my office - i guess i must have put it in the basement or something at some point!

but if you MUST HAVE a 512TR (like me), then your options are slim.

doody.