I have VIP seats & Parking for us at Homestead March 6 for IRL/Grand AM race | FerrariChat

I have VIP seats & Parking for us at Homestead March 6 for IRL/Grand AM race

Discussion in 'Florida' started by WILLIAM H, Feb 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Now I need to get people & Ferraris to commit, I spoke to a rep at Hometsead who can get us Ferrari parking in the infield & maybe a very good deal on tables in the garage suite, Thats right over the garage with tables, food, coffee, an awning so we dont cook

Plus I have someone else who is setting up an introduction with a Grand Am prototype team & owner.

This could be a really awesome weekend. Who wants to attend with your Ferrari ?

http://www.seats3d.com/international_speedway_corporation/homestead_miami_speedway/nascar/

2. MiamieNeSeX

MiamieNeSeX Formula Junior

May 29, 2004
    I,m in if you dont mind sharing the infield with a sushi burner :)

Armando

3. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Great Armando, I can definately get you a seat & I'll ask if we can have other sports cars in the Ferrari corral

4. MiamieNeSeX

MiamieNeSeX Formula Junior

May 29, 2004
    Sounds good and thanks, If it helps, I'll bring some spaghetti sauce :)

Armando

5. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Come on guys. Lets not wait till the last minute. this will be fun.

We can caravan down from Miami. I promise to tell everybody on FChat that all of you beat my F40 down to Homestead :)

6. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    William - I'll come with the Diablo. I already have a pair of regular tickets at the start/finish. How many people you need for this to happen?

7. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    i'll go . is this for Sundays race?

8. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Excellent thanks. I need to get a head count of how many cars/ people are coming before I can get a price.
    If you just walk in alone its like $220 a head but if we come as a group it should be quite a bit less, especially w a parade of exotics

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Yes, Sindo, Sunday's race. Are you coming with the 308 & Gabbie ?

10. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    without 100% commiting to it, I would be in.

That following weekend I will be in Santo Domingo with Grand Am as a team member with Mike's team. My plan is to have a seat in the Porsche by the end of the year for the last race. :) Maybe we should share a seat William, just for fun and giggles.

11. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    either Gaby or my brother, and yes the 308.

12. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Hmm, very tempting. I'll need the details. Sounds like fun. Does Mike live here in FL ? How much to rent a seat ? Is it a sportscar or a prototype ?

I'd like to speak to Mike more about this. I am thinking of taking my team to the next level. Either Grand Am or ALMS, a lot depends on TV time & how they treat team owners

13. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Maybe I'll have the Slutmobile by March :)

14. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I will hook you up with his number.
    I think it is about $6000 per race per seat and that of course depends on the race. Arrive and drive deal. They have the motorhome, crew etc.
    Its a Porsche in the Grand Am Cup.

15. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Cool, I can definately do that, Just have to knock off all this rust from sitting around reading law books. Maybe after the summer after I do some more track driving in the silver 512TR

16. Grande

Grande Karting

Dec 6, 2001
    Hi William,

We can talk later this week. My team is run out of Tennessee. I have committed to all 11 races for Grand Am Cup.

I will have 2 Grand Am Cup GS Porsches by Laguna Seca (currently just running the one....#89). I will have a Rolex GT Porsche ready by Watkins.

By the way, we would have done Ferrari's, but the economics didn't make sense.

Martin is a great crewman. Couldn't have done Daytona without him :)

Mike

17. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Cool, so how do you like Grand Am ? Do you have a good sponsor or are you paying most the bills ?

Will you be at Homestead March 5 & 6 ?

I'd like to talk to you about all the little details sometime. I'll PM you my cell #

18. Grande

Grande Karting

Dec 6, 2001
    Grand Am is great. I prepped and supported a team for Speed World Challenge last year and while the series was great, Grand Am has all that I am looking for.

I have the best sponsor...my wife! Her derm practice is my main sponsor and I pay all of the bills personally.....just like the old saying goes:"How do you make a small fortune in racing......start with a large one" :)

My series (Grand Am Cup GS) is going to the Dominican Republic for our race instead of Homestead, so I won't be there....it hurts me to be a track when I am not participating anyway :)

I got your PM, but you need to clear out your box..I tried to PM you back, but your box is full.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Mike

19. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    William:
    don't you have spring break soon?

Mike:
    I am signing up with Skip Barber for the 3day. We need to talk some about the comp license. I am sure Grand Am wants to see one.
    It will be my present that I am giving myself for a job well done for the end of the year, when the warehouse is built. I told Marion this evening and she was not thrilled at all. Talked about being a widow etc. I explained it is better to be a young widow than an old wrinkly one. She did not want to have any part of that conversation. :) I think Kimberly has to talk to her. "How to cope with race idiots"

20. Grande

Grande Karting

Dec 6, 2001
    Kimberly bought me my HANS device a couple of years ago for Christmas. Her card said something along these lines :"If you get into a crash, I either want you to walk away....or not". Cold, but true. Get life insurance in place before you start doing it so you can truthfully answer the "racing cars" questions....then get more from a specialty company that doesn't ding you that hard for racing. Let's face it, it's a dangerous business. I am lucky in the fact that my wife is rabid race fan. She'll watch any type of racing...from lawnmower (I am in Tennessee after all) to F1.

I would recommend getting your comp license and doing a few club races before delving in with the pros. These guys are gentlemen, but they are tough competitors and they exploit weakness rather easily. A good driver can punt you off of the track and not even get a mark on his (or her) car....and the officials are none the wiser.

It's all about the seat time guys......drive anything you can anytime you can. Going fast is great, but it takes time to cultivate racecraft....

Skip Barber is awesome (I may even join you), but also consider Panoz and renting a ride for an enduro in a Miata or something similar...nothing teaches you car control like 3 hours in a Miata! :p

Mike

21. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

I drove from Frankfurt to Hamburg in a Miata once, 4h on the Autobahn, does that count ? :)
    No wait, I also drove Marions Miata from Frankfurt to Monaco 8h :)

Grand Am does not require a certain race school completed before issuing the license? I thought you had to have 3 days done.

Reason I am thinking Skip is I have AMEX points and they will pay for the school :) 280,000 points for the $3500 course. That is a great deal. If would only get me $ 2800 in Home Depot certificates cash value.

I have to learn how to heel-toe. Those damn toes are too big :)

22. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    My aproach to racing is the same as my aproach to golfing....
    "where is the beer cart?"

23. Grande

Grande Karting

Dec 6, 2001
    Grand Am requires a pro license, an FIA license and a race resume.....and the fridge in the toterhome always is packed with beer....:)

Speaking of which, the race in Santo Domingo is sponsored by Miller and they are taking the teams on tours of the brewery....big mistake!

Mike

24. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Yeah...big mistake if the beer is free! They won't be making any profit that day when I am on that tour :)

25. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    OK,so no we have in this little caravan
    Armando
    Frank
    Sindo
    Martin
    Me