Ferrari branding getting out of hand ... | FerrariChat

Ferrari branding getting out of hand ...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Billy10mm, Feb 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
  2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Speaking of, does anyone have the Ferrari coffee mugs?

I've had them for years, and the black coloring on them completely rubs off on your hands. If you pick up the mug, your hand will be black. I have two red and a yellow and the same problem exsits with all of them. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? Perhaps the coloring isn't friendly with the heat of a dishwasher?

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I need several of those, in that red color.

The datacenter racks here are named Hill, Hawthorn, Villeneuve, Ascari, Scheckter, Lauda, Fangio, Surtees, Schumacher. So far, nobody understands the naming convention :D

4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    ^^On a much smaller scale, my office database alternating-backup tapes are named "Enzo" and "Dino." :)

5. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Zack--I have both a red and black mug. They get dishwashered all the time--and the color stays on the mug, not on my hands. Having said that, I have seen these mugs displayed at Ferrari dealers where the surface looks "chalky"--perhaps there is production run to run variability (in an Italian product--hard to fathom, I know).

Regarding branding--it is a two edge sword. I have an Oregon Scientific Ferrari clock that projects a red scuderia on the wall, and wakes me up every morning with the wail of an F1 engine. I like it. And, if Ferrari branded stuff brings them more cash allowing either--lower priced cars, or higher technology cars at the same price, I can live with the branding. But, I do agree, in general, that it seems a bit absurd.

6. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Ferrari SPA is concerned with only with profits today, they are not thinking of what this is doing to the name Mr Ferrari spent a lifetime building, this stuff cheapens the name and takes away exclusivity, as potential licensing products get fewer and choices more limited products will be lower class and quality, Wal Mart or other mass merch will begin carrying a Ferrari licensed product in the future.

Its like a spoled rich brat that inherited Daddys money which he didn't earn and after he passes and makes an azz of himself, wrecks his family name and blows his inheritance away in a few years.

7. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

Zach,

I have the coffee mugs and I haven't encountered any problems with the colouring washing off or rubbing off on my hands.

Regarding the branding issue, in my opinion Ferrari is everywhere now. That's great for all of the enthusiasts with all of the Ferrari branded stuff we can buy but I think it may tarnish, if not cheapen the image of the company.

Andrew

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Simply amazing.......those are high dollar units....I've done power conditioning for a few Crays here........

Don't know if I appluad the use of the logo, but I'd love to see a whole Data Center done with those!!!!!!

WOwza! Or I'd throw up.....not sure........

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I started the 1st Bikini thread before it was THE OFFICIAL Bikini thread :)

and I still havent seen any Ferrari bikini's. Whats up with that ? Lambo did a special Victoria's Secretions Diablo, Why no Ferrari thongs ?

10. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    I have a black Ferrari mug and havent had any problems with color rubbing off

11. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I rubbed against a red thong last Monday, and the ink did not rub off! :)

Call Mongram Makersin Houston, They'll get one for YOUR sweetie, WILLIAMH!

Get some Prancing Horse QUALITY products in your life....

What is this "dishwasher" thing you refer to????????

There was Ferrari bikini featured in Johnny Ferrari's (CO Section) Hawaiian vacation thread...:)

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    But will they make a large 1 for me with an extra large pouch up front for the Enormous Dangly Bits ?

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You may need to speak to hottie Irene....she gave me VERY personal attention!!! Wowza!

Not sure she's still there! LOL!

She was the Child Advocates Team Pit Babe, right after the divorce......can't let a spot in the roster go unfilled, after all..

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They do everything for FoH, so have the art all set up to go........I showed up wearing Guiseppi's Risi's old Challenge jacket, and she said.."I MADE that!"

15. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I have a yellow one that this happened with. It happened within the first 30 seconds of ownership when I took it out of the box and continues to happen after repeated cycles through the dishwasher. Its a piece of crap.

16. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Way more information than I care to have.

Tom
    (blushing in NY)

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    TMI???

"Too Much Information", to quote my secretary Elizabeth......

18. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    #18 208 GT4, Feb 16, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I like it for my graphics machine at work. I can use all that & more every day. Love to hear those fans rev up.

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Big Crays use liquid nitrogen...it bubbles like an old jukebox!

21. YellowMaranello

Jan 7, 2004
    Mount Holly, NJ
    Full Name:
    Pete Gold
    I have one of those black mugs. Never had a problem with it. Granted, being a college student, washing it consists of rinsing it about once a week and rubbing the inside with my finger.... But thats beside the point.