Testarossa convertible on eBay? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Testarossa convertible on eBay?

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by surfdoc37, Feb 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    evidently our loss.

2. Two 512tr's

Two 512tr's Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Matt Gibbon
    Wow, that ruffled your feathers. Thanks for the formal warning......)))))
    Relax, sit down, have a nice glass of wine. Next time you inspect or purchase a Ferrari or parts why don’t you forget about every small and ambiguous legal angle that you may be able to use to save some dollars (it seems to be the reoccurring problem you talk about in your posts). Genuinely express your interest and passion for the item and be friendly and courteous to the seller, who knows, maybe a good deal, friendship and future business may occur. Are there many sellers out there that you have dealt with in the past that would regard you as a good customer? Please let me know what you think the statistics would be there.
    You have proven you are a very smart and legally minded individual.
    Just a couple of quick questions off topic for you and I will sign off.
    How much did you want to claim for wasting your time flying to St Lois to inspect the convertible? REF post - TR Convertible on EBAY needs Restoration.
    How much compensation did you have in mind (when you mentioned you should be compensated) when you lost a very important Ferrari deal on EBay the day you had to go to the airport to pick up the 360 engine I paid to airfreight to you?
    Let’s leave it at this thread, let’s not threaten each other. Is evidence of the way you operate. Peace brother

3. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Why not disclose your condition?

It could have saved Mr. Tillman a good amount of time and effort. (By the way, those were very nice responses, Tillman.)

4. milstanselnino

milstanselnino Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jon P.
    I feel like I just witnessed a fistfight in the alley.
    Unsettling.

5. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Regardless of all the mudslinging going on here, I'm glad I read this thread. I had posted another one about this car, and looking for a PPI on it. I'm in Chicago, so a trip to St. Louis wouldn't be a big deal, but after reading everything about the car, I've decided to keep looking. So this forum has served its purpose to me, which is the overall purpose of the internet in general, opinion and information. My thanks to this forum for helping me avoid a time wasting trip, and potentially a bad purchase.

6. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    So the photos were taken ways before when it was good. Because it looks great in the photos. You mean the car was in great condition as we see in the photos, then it was heavily used since that it need total restoration. Or the car was bad but that did some cosmetic touch up for the photos. Sorry for my confusion....

7. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    If only you had more time, you could threaten them with legal action as well....