FOC Spring Ball | FerrariChat

FOC Spring Ball

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tommo, Feb 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Who's up for it? We're on the Cotswold table, good chance to meet...

2. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Already booked and staying at Whittlebury Hall (hotel)

3. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    We've sorted the hotel too, not that many rooms left - 22 as of yesterday

4. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    We're there and staying at the hotel overnight also. Will be on the Herts table.

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    is there a non members fchat table ??????

6. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Would it be politically correct to wear f-chat badges to help indentify each other.

7. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    Stewart - don't let me down, as such an anti-FOC man how come you are going? They'll be having a bit of a laugh at you if you go.

8. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Let me set the record straight. I am not completly 'anti FOC', they organise very good track day's and i have always said that the spring ball is one of the best events of the year. However i do believe that they have failed to react well to the changing face of todays Ferrari owners.

I know that i am not the only one that feels this way. They need to listen a lot more to the suggestions put forward by owners and not feel threatened by them. The 'old boy network' is way past its sell-by date.

9. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    What sort of suggestions are you talking about and have they been passed on to Peter Everingham? Personally, I have found him very willing to listen and receptive to the things I have put forward. Remember always that the FOC is run for the benefit of its members and it is up to the members to pass on their ideas and so on (in an appropriate manner, of course). How about attending the AGM (day after the Spring Ball) and passing on your ideas, comments etc. in the forum that is intended for just that purpose. It is to everyone's advantage to have the best possible Owners' Club!

Jonathan

10. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    I couldn't agree with you more, Jonathan. What's up with these chip-on-the-shoulder merchants who harbour dark worries about 'the changing face of todays Ferrari owners'?

The FOC is a gathering of like-minded individuals. People who like it join it and help it along. People who don't like it try and change it and, if none agrees with them, leave.

Why don't you do either of the above, Stewart, instead of suffering this constant angst?

11. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Is it just me or do I detect a serious whiff of Bullsh*t wafting in here on this thread? How can someone who is not prepared to fill in a profile properly have the gall to call out someone who declares their Ferrari (sympatons 360). Smacks to me of total crap or, as our good friends over the water say, Troll alert. I quote:
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    Personal Ferraris:
    various over the years
    Wanted Cars:
    anything sensible
    Other Cars Owned:
    Focus Diesel
    Previous Cars Owned:
    all sorts.....
    Interests:
    The Red Ones
    Shipping clerk
    1. If you had owned "various Ferraris" wouldn't you list them with pride? Apparently not according to our Friend, yet lists a Focus diesel (a true example of sporting history) instead.
    2. What the F*ck is a "sensible" car. This is a Ferrari chat forum. If you want a sensible car what the hell are you doing in here? I suppose that explains the diesel focus!
    If you are genuine then post the details and proof and I will unreservedly apologise. If you can't prove it then I would respectfully suggest you pi55 off to the Ford Focus chat line and annoy them instead.

12. OmegaSteve

OmegaSteve Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve

Be careful, he might get his Haynes manual out again

13. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Is this the Haynes sensible Ferrari manual M8? :D

14. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Andrew,
    Its not worth getting draged into, life's to short to let insignificant people trouble you. btw, you make some very good points.

15. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Hey Stewart,
    its no problem. If the guys genuine it will all resolve itself when I apologise. If not I'll have some fun;)

16. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Yeah c'mon badge, time to 'come out'

17. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Come out from where, the Library? Must be looking up all the "various " Ferraris in the reference section:D

Tip:
    Look under the sensible section

18. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    Oh dear, someone really has pi$t in your tea, haven't they?

I don't feel the need, or necessity, to advertise what Ferraris I've had, nor is this forum about that.

I just know that I talk sense when I post something, unlike your little tantrum of foot-stamping.

19. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Seems like I'm ot the only one throwing handbags!
    Au contraire, as I clearly stated, if your credentials are,as they say, all present and corect, then I will retract all my comments with the greatest of pleasure and apologise most sincerely. However, the criticisms you have made have all the markings of "baiting" and as such I stand by my comments at this time.
    This does not sound to me to being "having a tantrum" but if this is how its construed then so be it.
    I merely wish to establish the facts that we are dealing with a true Ferraristi and not another dreamer hell bent on antagonising everyone here.

20. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

You see the problem with you and Jonathan is as happens on a few occasions, we just dont know who you are. I on the other hand, am extremly visual and known to many people on this site.

Like others, i from time to time have comments to make, somtimes good and sometimes bad. Its all part of living in a democracy, it allows for freedom of speach and for people to have an opinion. Unfortunatly it also allows trouble makers such as youself to rear thier heads.

21. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Hear Hear!

Trying desperately hard not too appear to have a tantrum;)

22. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Julian - checked the calender not in the carrib just then. Will be coming for sure. Will be good to meet up with you and Steve again - and some of the other genuine guys from the club and site.

Are you guys taking your cars too the do?? Should be a nice picture opportunity - 348,348,355,360,456,Focus diesel.....

23. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Thats class !! Checked out the run for the 12th March yesterday, and the owner of the Hotel in Symonds Yat is getting the local press for a picture stop!, he's also adding us to his website - so i guess we'll definately need a range of exotics, Metro, Uno, Pony, Focus Diesel

24. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    Rest assured I've owned many Ferraris in my many years, starting in the '60's. A trawl through all my various posts will show that I've got first hand experience.

I'll accept your apology (in spirit).

And I chose not to reveal any further info about my Ferraris. Others choose otherwise. Not a problem, surely?

And I'm a happy member of the FOC, and get fed up with people like Stewart who just sit on the sidelines and snipe without letting their gripes be known to the Club. And yet he doesn't have the integrity to tell them to stuff it. I've had minor disagreements with them, and one phone call to the office and either it's sorted - or they say 'sorry, no can do'. On balance, a great Club to belong to.

25. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Cool!!!!!! Always wanted to famous!! Not so sure they'll wants a picture of mine though with stiff competition like that. If you read some of my previuos threads you will infact see that i have owned many of these. I had Metros as early as the eightees.