Group buy on Porterfield brake pads | FerrariChat

Group buy on Porterfield brake pads

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ricambi America, Feb 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

My interest in Porterfield pads from Ricambi America is:

1. Yes, I'd need pads anyway in 30 days

2. Yes, I'd need pads anyway in 60 days

3. Yes, I'd need pads anyway in 90 days

4. I prefer something other than Porterfield pads

5. I don't do my own service... sell me something like a teddy bear instead

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Folks -

I'm in the process of signing up as a Portfield distributor, and need to determine my level of "buy in" to their dealer program. There have been lots of threads about Portfield pads, so I'll allow you to search/research on your own.

If I can offer about 15%-20% off on Porterfield products, how many people would be interested in pads during the next 6 months? The larger committment I make on the front end, the larger discount I can pass on to the community.

Could you help me with this survey... and help me to provide even better service to the Fchat community?

Best,
    Daniel

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I'd be in for two sets (front/rear) for my 355. Don't really need them immediately (said 90 days), but would like to reduce the amount of dust from the stock pads...have an estimate of the "deal" price for the 355? The part number is AP345 and the lowest price I see on the net is $89 per axle.

Thanks,
    Dave

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I did porterfield R4Ss on my old 550 - they were totally solid (didnt try track-days though). Would do it again, methinks. Maybe even pick up a set for track and one for street...

--Dan

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll be ready for some before the summer season.

5. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

#5 Ricambi America, Feb 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Hey Daniel,

Can you get them for by boxster S? If so let me know I'd be interested. I had porterfields on the clk and they work really well and are quiet. I think I had the rs4 or r4s ??

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'm in if they make a street compound for my Dino

8. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Jeremy/Dave -

Yes, Portfield has Dino and Boxtser offerings in a variety of compounds (race & street/performance)

-Daniel

9. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I had them on my 308, no problems at all!!

10. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Count me in then....... I was wanting to replace my rotors and pads after the fortune motors trackday. I'll get my pads through you.

11. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    Pads available for an '84 Mondial QV? If so, count me in too. Something good for dual purpose -- street and track/autocross.

Don't mock the Teddy Bear. I'd love to have one of those for my daughter! She'd flip for that thing. ;-)

12. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Count me in for F&R/328...

13. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

I've got two large orders I need to pack and ship tonight... but I promise to have all the Portfield items on the website by the end of the weekend.

:)

-Daniel

14. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004

Buta AFAIK none of their pads have the leads installed for the wear detection warning lights. I have used their pads on several cars and really like the R4S material even for the track. It wears out more quickly there but is much gentler on the rotors than R4.

15. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Set of street pads for a 360? I'd take a set. PM me on the price, etc., when you're ready.

Art

16. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have a Brembo BIG brake set up pn my 348. I have used F40 pads up front but am not sure of the rears....I have been told that they are F50 spec.

I just did the fronts with Porterfield and they are great..........and NO dust! Unfortunately the rears are still dusting. They have plenty of life but I want to replace them.

17. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I won't need them for awhile, but I'll come to you when it's time to replace the R4S pads on the rear of my 308QV. I've got Brembos on the front.

18. Jim Converse

Jim Converse Rookie

Dec 6, 2003
    Camarillo, Ca.
    Full Name:
    550Jim
    I'm in, I'll take front and rear sets for a 550 Maranello, R4S's I believe.

19. CarCrazy

CarCrazy Karting

Oct 2, 2004
    Douglassville, PA
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Day late & dollar short but wanted to reply to survey as an FYI -- just got R4-S on 2/18 @ $89/set - front & rear for 99 355 GTS plus shipping. Should have read my Fchat sooner. Didn't need'em ... just hated squealing.

20. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

#20 Ricambi America, Feb 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Most of the pads are now up on the website. See my mainpage for a little information about the Porterfield rollout, and a promotion in honor of their arrival!

If your car isn't listed or the specific pads you want aren't shown, let me know.

www.ricambiamerica.com

Kindly,
    Daniel
    Image Unavailable, Please Login