FOC Spring Ball | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FOC Spring Ball

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tommo, Feb 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Oh how little you know, those who know me will tell you one thing i do not do is 'sit on the side lines'. You have clearly got nothing better to do with your time.

If you are such an ardant fan of the FOC, you will see on the FOC site that i have refered to problems in the past. Not that i have to explain myself to you our anyone else for that matter.

2. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    Too true......

Anyway, how you getting on with your correspondence with Luca about our factory visit? What's the latest?

3. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Whilst I can appreciate some of the points you have made, as yet I am, sorry to say, unconvinced by any information you have supplied (or more to the point, lack of it) which would indicate you are indeed the genuine article. If you are what you say you are then I fail to see why a ferrari owner, alledgedly also an FOC member, as a lot of us are (including myself), feels a reluctance to provide even the barest details of ownership.This causes the deepest of suspicions on a Ferrari forum, and your evasiveness only compounds further these suspicions.
    I regret to say that my opinion is unswayed by your post at this time, therefore my "spirited" apology is still held in reserve.
    I look forward, still, to be proved incorrect in these assumptions

4. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    Ok, no probs, we'll leave it at that then.

5. jimmy b

jimmy b Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a plane
    Full Name:
    James
    Stewart,

Yes. You are "extremely visual and well known to many people on this site".

LoL !

As you know, like most heads of state, I can't for security reasons, reveal details of my whereabouts in advance, but I hope to have some news for my close friends on Fchat in the reasonably near future.

Love yer work. Thanks for coming.

J.

6. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

As always James, even in troubled moments you provide great value.

BTW
    Only 116days 15 hours to go.

Regards

Stewart

7. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I can tell you who I am if anyone is remotely interested. I am an FOC member (since 2000) and I volunteered to help the club with their database a little while ago. In fact, you'll see my name mentioned in the minutes of last year's AGM, in the current Ferrari News. Having said that, I don't see it matters who anyone is. The point as far as the FOC goes, in my view, is that it is a Club: A means to enjoy a shared interest (and for me, an excuse to get the car out the garage from time to time). No-one says the FOC is perfect, but if anyone has any complaints, issues or suggestions it only seems good manners that they should go through the channels the FOC has in place (i.e. contact the Club office, attend the AGM and speak up etc.) rather than sniping from the sidelines via the Internet. Particularly given that there are a lot of people within the FOC who put in a great deal of their own time, effort and enthusiasm to organise events and help the Club to run. I shall be at the AGM and I look forward to constructive comments in open forum from those who are so ready to voice their opinions on FChat...

8. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    I am not a member as i dont think its value for money for northern members as every thing that goes on is down south so how about a discount price for northern members as we also get paid less up north i cannot ask this at the agm as i cant afford to join so will any member raise this question at the agm for me
    thankyou

9. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Isn't it past your bed-time steven ?

10. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I'm not sure I would agree with that as there are the area groups who arrange things locally, and track days at Donington, Silverstone and the like are surely at least as far to the North for me as they are to the South for you? The Concours venue is chosen to be geographically central. However, it is true (because I analysed the membership data a while back) that the membership is more Southerly biased. Having said that, I will happily pass on your comments.

Jonathan

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I wouldn't bother, jonathan. He's on a wind up.

12. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrades,

Leave Rossa Badger alone - Badger baiting is illegal. Also, I am pleased to inform you that I have been in his F40 at Silverstone. So there!

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

13. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Jonathan the FOC is better off without that Steve f I have heard from guys that know him say he has a job to get on with his self He wanted to hire the village hall for his birthday party not enough people wanted to go to it so he ended up having it in the village PHONEBOX ..hahahahahahah

RAY 360M

14. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

ray you know thats a lie...................stevef would not fit in a phone box :D

15. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes

Stevep,

That makes two of them then, neither would Ray (LOL)!!

Regards,
    Phil.

16. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    its amazing slagg of the FOC and the fchat police men start posting [ray phil] it works every time he he he

17. ZYMOL348

ZYMOL348 Karting

May 1, 2004
    Minehead Somerset
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rea
    Yes Steve and only one of the two policemen has got a Ferrari (that works)

hahahahahheheehehe Zymol348

18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    tell me more has fergy polished his away ?????????

19. ZYMOL348

ZYMOL348 Karting

May 1, 2004
    Minehead Somerset
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rea
    I think he has two others if this is the case Steve !!! ZYMOL348

20. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade ZYMOL348 M8,

Very nice to see your return once more from the North Sea oil rig.

You are perfectly correct in your asumption concerning one of the aforementioned Ferrari Owners Club Policemen to wit, Ray Ferguson Esquire.
    My understanding is that he has four Ferrari's and another on order. This is the nomenclature: 348, 360, 550 and a recently acquired F40 in yellow with a 430 on order and imminent delivery awaited (No.2 in the U.K. I understand)

I hope this sets the record straight for the miscreant quislings.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

21. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    All this FOC: FChat stand off is a bit childish in my view. It's not as if you're being asked to choose between them, so why not enjoy both for what they are? Anyway, while I normally wouldn't bother posting this, I came across the following in February's Ferrari News (FOC magazine):

New Area Group
    North East Ferrari
    We have a new Area Group; this one covers the North East of the country and is led by Stephen Paynter. We have opened a web site page for them on which you will be able to follow their events and their calender as soon as it is announced. In the meantime, if you live in that part of the world log on to the Club website (or see page 4) for details of monthly meetings, or call Stephen direct (contact details on this page)

Interesting in the context of some posts on this thread, though it could of course be a coincidence...

22. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

and very well its doing, by the way could you possibly point explain what relevance this has to the well established owners club?

23. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Because the Area Groups are an integral part of the FOC; they're one and the same thing.

24. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

i am aware of that but what is your point mate, are you asking why we aint got a table?

25. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    or are you saying its good we have a foc/fchat balance?