Exhaust Insurance | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Exhaust Insurance

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 512Tea Are, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robgvx

Robgvx Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    RobGvx
    Anyone here use A-Plan brokers at Beaconsfield?

They were recommended to me via Dick Lovetts and they seem switched on. Thinking of adding a Tubi but thought it would be better to be forearmed with their typical response to this scenario before calling about it as there seems to be inconsistencies with the other insurers mentioned in this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

2. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    A-Plan are a top notch outfit, very professional.

3. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Nowell & Richard's wanted to know the BPH increase but said it would'nt make a difference if it wasn't over 10BHP.

My present insurer the Old Git Saga say no increase but i'm on the look out for a cheaper one.

L&V have quoted me 100 quid cheaper but that was before I mentioned the exhaust. Now LeeP says they don't DO exhaust's, bugger.

4. Robgvx

Robgvx Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    RobGvx
    Just spoke to my brokers, A Plan at Beaconsfield. Had told them I'm thinking of a Tubi, and they today confirm that the insurers, Royal & Sun Alliance, say NO increase in premium, and they will just put a note on the file.

Hope this helps.

Rob

5. ANDYH

ANDYH Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    ANDY H
    Recently renewed insurance with Aon and told them I had a Tubi fitted to the 512 - they said ok fine , make a note in the docs and theres no extra charge for it.

6. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I just called LV to tell them I was putting on a sports exhaust and spoke to a very nice lady called Hannah who informed me that modifications are not covered anymore, but the car is and cover is not affected. So, if the exhaust falls off or gets nicked, they won't pay for it, but they are aware and there is a note on the file that I have informed tem that a sports exhaust is being put on, and any claim I need to make will not be affected. I can live with that!

All calls recorded so I am comfortable that this won't be an issue.