Villa d'Este | FerrariChat

Villa d'Este

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Napolis, Mar 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #1 Napolis, Mar 8, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Wouter Melissen

Wouter Melissen Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wouter Melissen
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Eikel !

4. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I'm not going, but you can say hello to Tito Anselmi for me...

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Will do.
    Best

6. mroz

mroz Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    California
    I will be going with my 375 MM. See you there!

Here is the Press info and some cars to be shown (Provided by Massini):

Media Information
    3 March 2005
    Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este 2005: strong partnership for the future
    Villa d'Este S.p.A. intensifies cooperation with BMW Group+++First shown together: three
    BMW 507-based prototypes +++Further highlights of the event
    Munich/Geneva. The Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2005 Press Conference, which took
    place during the 75th Geneva Motor Show, revolved three main themes. Villa d’Este S.p.A. and the BMW Group are strengthening and extending their successful partnership, which
    commenced in 1999.

Beyond the activities to mark the 75th anniversary of Italian styling house Pininfarina, the BMW 507 is at the centre of the special exhibitions held during the Concorso. To mark the 0” birthday of the BMW 507, many of these agile luxury roadsters will be wending their way to the shores of Lake Como. As an absolute highlight for fans of classic cars, three unique body styles will be lined up together for the first time.

During the press conference in Geneva, Urs Paul Ramseier, responsible for the selection of
    automobiles for the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2005, announced further highlights
    scheduled to feature in the forthcoming event.
    Participants from eleven countries, including some from overseas, will present their automobiles to a jury of experts and to the public. This year, some 50 classics will be vying for the prestigious awards Coppa d’Oro Villa d’Este (Best of Show by Referendum at Villa d’Este), Trofeo BMW Group (Best of Show by the Jury) and Trofeo BMW Italia (By Public Referendum at Villa Erba).

Participating in this, the anniversary year of Pininfarina, will also be a number of special Ferrari body styles from Turin.

Some of the highlights:

The Ferrari 375 MM Sport Berlinetta Pinin Farina 0490AM 1955 was first unveiled at the Turin Motor Show.
    This model was the last 375 Mille Miglia to be built. In total, there were just 10 examples. On
    show again in Europe for the first time in 50 years, the exhibit is a one-off. This model ranks as one of the high spots of Pininfarina design and includes among its awards 1st place at Pebble Beach in August 2004 and Best of Show in the Cavallino Concours.

The Ferrari 212 Export Spider Vignale 1951 is a wonderful small racing Spider with Art Deco
    styling features (dashboard and inside doors). Its first owner was Count Umberto Marzotto. The same car was the first Ferrari to be tested by the magazines Automobil Revue and The Autocar in 1951.

The Ferrari 410 Superamerica Coupé Pinin Farina 1956 was the sixth of just 17 units to be
    produced. This model was presented at the 1956 Turin Motor Show and thereafter spent many years in the ownership of the Saudi Royal Family. It comes with the two-tone paint finish typical of the 1950s and with one of the most powerful Ferrari engines of the time. Its present owner is an industrialist from Missouri.

The Aston-Martin DB4 GT Zagato 1961 was specially built for the 1961 Turin Show. Its
    current owner is David Sydorick of Beverly Hills, LA. The car is being shown in Europe for the
    first time in many years.

Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2005
    On the weekend of 22nd to 24th April 2005, the magnificent grounds of the Grand Hotel Villa
    d’Este and of Villa Erba in Cernobbio on Lake Como will once again serve as a picturesque
    backdrop for the most beautiful cars of the last eight decades and the boldest concept cars of the present. First held on this same site in 1929, the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este today ranks as the most traditional event of its kind in the world.
    While Saturday is reserved for invited guests and media representatives, on Sunday the
    neighbouring grounds of Villa Erba are open to the public.

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    0490AM is so beautiful...

8. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i have to say, after staying at the villa less than two years ago, i didn't have a great welcome.

i kid you not, myself and my wife, brought down the average age by about 20 years or so. i was very disappointed to see that we were treated different than the "average" guest. i am 30, and my wife is 26. clearly not the "average" patron, but none-the-less, a paying patron. although i found it humurous that al pacino ordered a cappachino at the table just behind us, the rest of the stay was not what i expected. although the car show is great, the resort needs to welcome younger guests as they do with "older" guests that aren't with the press.

9. Wouter Melissen

Nov 12, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wouter Melissen
    You got me worried there for a minute.

10. Wouter Melissen

Nov 12, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wouter Melissen
    Cochon. I'm going to drive up straight to Paris for the Tour Auto so maybe we can have some haute cuisine pizza with my laptop on the table. ;)

11. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Pls note that the public day is SUNDAY 24 April 2005 at Villa Erba, one mile south of Villa d'Este. Villa d'Este is NOT open for the public. The entire event is by invitation only.

12. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Pls note that Angelo Tito Anselmi is not involved at all with the Villa d'Este Concours. He used to be many years ago but that has changed now. Also the Villa Olmo is no longer in use. It is all held at Villa d'Este itself and at nearby Villa Erba (Sunday for the public). When Anselmi was involved with the Concours they went to Villa Olmo instead. May be Tito will show up on Sunday, who knows.