Does Ferrari have a factory delivery program? | FerrariChat

Does Ferrari have a factory delivery program?

Discussion in '360/430' started by hardsports, Mar 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hardsports

hardsports Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I know its possible for our USA dealers to set up a factory tour for owners and good clients but does the factory allow us to take delivery of the 430 at the factory, get the factory tour and then have like a 4 day B&B/driving tour of Italy? I've done a Mercedes program where you get all that and then drop it back off at the factory (Munich actually) and then they ship it to your dealer like usual.

I have a spot on the "list" with a delivery next "Spring" and I was thinking with some planning and if the factory had such a program, this would be a great thing!

With all the talent on this board, I'm sure somebody can clue me in!

2. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    That would certainly be a fine way to tour Italy. How about 14 days so some autobahn can be enjoyed and some other parts of europe too!

3. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Yes, they do. It is tough to arrange, AFAIK, but it does exist.

4. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Its not too outrageous to arrange, but you need to be "flexible". I looked into it when I got my CS and was led to expect notice at the last minute that you need to change your trip because the car isn't ready...

As I understand it:
    You pic up the car @ the factory with temp EU plates
    You need to arrange special insurance (which is pretty expensive coz these cars DO get stolen in Italy).
    They recommend staying at hotels with secure parking (See Insurance :))
    You then need to take the car back to the factory.
    They then re-inspect the car (for which they charge you I believe)
    Then shipping etc to the US as normal.

I didn't do it in the end because it meant I'd have the car 2 months or so later in the US. I'm so busy in my work that the most I could really have managed was a week in Italy, and I wasn't prepared to sacrifice the extra time of having the car in the US vs the whole factory pick up.

Its still absolutely on my to-do list when I can take at least 2 weeks w/ the new car in Italy.

5. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    No "official" program yet (like the MB or BMW),it's on a case by case basis,depending more on the Dealer's ability to arrange something for the buyer.

6. hardsports

hardsports Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Brett
    OK great! Thanks. So I should talk to the dealer (Continental in Chicago) and see if they can arrange something? My "spot" on the list says I should be getting my car in about Spring '06 so there's time to try to put together a plan.

Does anyone know if the factory has a planned route already preset with hotels in cool places?

7. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I'm sure they could work something out for you - but I suggest taking a look at the "Grand Tour" on www.owners.ferrari.com (if you're a member) - that suggests lots of itineries.

8. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Brett

I didn't pick my 360 at the factory but I did rent a 360 in Italy and drove 10 days all over Marenello, Rome , Florence and all over Tuscany.

It was incredible !!! My wife and I felt safe at every stop and we were treated like celebrities the entire time.

I will definitely pick up a car from the factory and tour the country, truly an amazing way to enjoy our cars in their homeland!

9. hardsports

hardsports Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I agree, It would be a very special opportunity. I checked out the owners site and they do have pre-planned tours, just no mention of a factory delivery program. I'm going to call the dealer and I'll let you all know what they say.

If Ferrari is making the reservations, One would assume they would only pick places that were safe to park on the overnights and routes during the day that would maximize thoroughly the driving experience.

I'll let you know.

Thanks for the info.

10. pippobaudo

pippobaudo Rookie

Nov 1, 2004
    europe
    Full Name:
    pippo baudo
    Ferrari does not offer factory delivery for US cars. Yes,,,it has happened in the past and it will happen again. There is even a room where they deliver your keys and take your pix and so on but!! its mostly for EU cars and VIP customer. You can not have temp plates in Italy with a US spec car unlike germany and sweded...