Snowing outside | FerrariChat

Snowing outside

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Formula 1, Mar 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Well this just plan sucks i hope we dont get anymore snow...id really hate not seeing you guys take your rides out next saturday.

2. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    They're showing snow showers in the forecast for the 19th :(

Hopefully that changes as we get closer.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm staying glued to the News to see if Andreas is out there in the 308,now that he's got her back,doing donuts or something...:)

(Long story guys,if you don't know....Maybe we can share at the Karting event,if Andreas doesn't mind...:) All last Winter,pix on Ferrari Chat of Andreas and his car outside,in the Winter....:) Then,a VERY Long,Hairy-Scary Drive from Batavia to Lake Shore Drive...:( )

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    When it snowed I used to do hand brake turns in my previous cars, but in the 308 all you need to do is step on the gas and you're sideways. Unfortunately that works so well, the 308 basically can't drive straight on snow, at least not with the summer tires I have on it. So, no thank you, that one time driving home was bad enough. Especially when you have 4x4 trucks tail gaiting you. No fun.

To be honest, as I drove it home last week my heart skipped a beat at the sight of some snow flurries coming down. Luckily it didn't stick and I got home in time.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh,Yeah,I know what you mean. It was even worse with the different C4 Corvettes that I've owned....Super Wide Tires = Less Traction in the Snow=No Go!!!!