1978 Ferrari 308 GTS Verde Pino 22895 | FerrariChat

1978 Ferrari 308 GTS Verde Pino 22895

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Green308GTS, Mar 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Green308GTS

Green308GTS Rookie

Mar 10, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert Schneider
    #1 Green308GTS, Mar 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Beatiful color!! Welcome to fchat, you should check on the Mid Atlantic region for drives and events, great group of guys and a lot of fun! Amazing car and color, thanks for sharing!

David

3. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Very nice Euro example!

Being green, it must be an attention-grabber at the car meets, as well as being a good conversation piece.

4. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Very nice, green and Ferrari usually dont go together well, but yours is an excellent example of a great color combo for that car model, congrats!

5. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    I was SO close to buying that car a couple years ago. The seller was from Virginia I think? I could be wrong.

Beautiful car- love that green with dark tan interior.

Thanks for posting. Any more photos? I have the ones the seller sent me if you want them. I won't post them unless you want me to. One of the photos you posted is the same as I have.

Good luck- that car really is stunning.

6. tesseract

tesseract Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Jeff W.
    Very nice. I agree, green and Ferrari usually don't mix, but this is well done.

From the looks of the chin, she's a driver - keep it up.

7. Green308GTS

Green308GTS Rookie

Mar 10, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert Schneider
    JWISE:

I found this 308 GTS on http://www.cctol.com in June of 2003. I contacted the former owner immediately, and I purchased the car from him. It was delivered to me within one month. He was living in Florida at the time, but he had been living in VA previously. So, it is very likely the same car.

Actually, the interior of this car was in very poor shape. The seats were dry-rotted and split, and the floor mats were held together with duct tape. The former owner(s) did not drive the car very often (low mileage is not always a good thing), and I had to have a lot of mechanical work done on the car. Besides a major belt service, brakes, clutch, rack-and-pinion steering, blower (heat and defrost) motors, air-conditioning, and many other repairs and upgrades, I have had the interior redone (handmade from raw leather) in a slightly lighter shade of tan (without the black stripes), and the door panels have been dyed to match. I also ordered custom-made floor mats with green prancing horses on them that match the color of the car.

My local Ferrari shop (Grand Touring of Laurel, MD) did an amazing job of fixing every last mechanical detail on the car. I have invested a lot of money (on top of the purchase price) into making this car road-worthy, and--yes (tesseract)--I drive it every chance I get.

I'm not sure why you would want to post any more pictures of my car; I tried to select the best of the ones that I had. I'm glad that you all like my car so much; that makes me enjoy it even more.

Robert Schneider
    Laurel, MD

8. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    No worries- I won't post them.

Again- it's a really beautiful car, and good luck with it.

John W

9. jscar71

jscar71 Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2004
    Montreal Qc, Canada
    Full Name:
    JScar
    /
    Excuse my ingnorance. Is that an original color?

10. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Yes. According to my books: Verde Pino, color code 601/C

11. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    wow..thats beautiful....one of a kind!

12. smoney

smoney Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    that really is nice looking color combo!!!-does anyone know how many 308/328s were made in that dark green color???-(imo) that color truely does stand out in a positive way!!!

13. Green308GTS

Green308GTS Rookie

Mar 10, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert Schneider
    Here is a replacement Ferrari Original Glasurit Paint Code Sticker, 601/C: http://www.usedferraris.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=2036.

I have not yet been able to track down production numbers based on color, but I'll keep looking.

In the meantime, check out this way cool 1974 Dino 246 GTS in "Pino Verde" (Sometimes the words are reversed, but verde=green, and pino=pine.): http://www.sportscarmarket.com/profiles/2001/April/Ferrari/.

Robert Schneider
    Laurel, MD

14. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    #14 8valve, Mar 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017