JD Powers and Associates sent me a dollar! | FerrariChat

JD Powers and Associates sent me a dollar!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Mar 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    From a purchase I made of an '05 Toyota 4Runner, I get a letter, a survey and a new dollar bill from JD Powers. They expect me to take a half hour of my time to fill out the buyers survey and think a dollar will cover it?

What is a company like JDP thinking? I sent the unfilled survey and a colorful letter back to them stating that I will fiull out their survey in great detail when they send me a check for $100!

2. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    You should have sent them a survey of your own or some random junk mail. (my wife now loves to do this to every unsolicited mail we get)

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Actually, it is the dealership that typically gets the $100 kickback for each purchase survey you fill out. At least, that's how it was on the Honda I bought a few years ago.

4. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    JD sent me a $5 to do a survey on my Maserati. Is big mistake to fill them out as then you get on some sort of lists and different surveys start showing up every month

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    OUCH! and to think, $5 for a confirmed lead, profiled and all.

6. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I saw Andy Rooney doing that on his 60 minute bit. I started doing also. Just save your junk mail for a couple of days and send all back with the different offers in it.

7. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    a 4runner??? why? o why???????

btw i HATE 4 runners....

8. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    I figured the average labor rate at $62 an hour...So I spent 1 minute on the survey and mailed it back a few years ago...I don't seem to get them anymore

9. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    That's good! I am right handed. I should of filled it out with my left hand in crayon!

10. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I get about 1 a month, but I only get $1. I give the money to my 11 year old daughter. She probably has about $20 so far. Just to be fair, I let her fill out the form. She has to learn to work for all that money. LOL

11. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I've done the arbitron radio ratings, they send you three or four bucks cash every week or so during the survey period.

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

They're banking on a little reciprocity sending you the $1. I'll bet their % of completed and returned surveys go way up doing so.