Red eBay 308 - anybody know it? | FerrariChat

Red eBay 308 - anybody know it?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Perfusion, Mar 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  2. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Hmm...interesting. From the majority of the replies in the two threads you linked, it seems like this car might be one to avoid (based on the seller's impression of its value). It sure does look nice in the pictures, though.

3. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    It seems like I remember seeing this car on ebay (based on the pictures, they look the same) last summer...

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I think the guy takes the pics in similar location & usually adds the same rims to it.

I don't remember seeing the car before - I think I would remember also, because that wood in the interior is the most disgusting thing these eyes have ever seen.

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Amen. This car needs need some authentic pink Connolly leather dice hanging from the mirror.

Love the Euro QVs, though. Great looking car under the mascara.

6. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    I talked to this guy. He is a lawyer in LA, and actually a member of this board. Seems genuinely "in-love" with the 308s and had three at one time as I remember.

I talked to him about this car and the last one that he sold. Not sure if the photos are retouched, but the paint in his photos always looks nothing short of spectacular. He has other Ferraris too and stated that he takes pride in restoring them.

His first one was better and someone seemingly proved it through "Buy it Now". I might consider this one, but I'd put the leather stock wheel back on. The woodwork is nice, but not personally my style.

Nick

7. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yep - just passing on information. I have had e-mail contact with him as well last summer looking at a 328 he was selling on ebay.

Cheers
    Kevin