verdis ?? or is it just me | Page 3 | FerrariChat

verdis ?? or is it just me

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jameson, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    David,
    I think the point that everyone here is trying to get through is quite simply,as yet,we do not have either side of the story. Jameson has come on here with, arguably a grievance against Karl verdi,but has singularly then failed to provide any details as to what the issue(s) are.This can therefore only be treated as an unsubstantiated piece of scaremongering. we have established only two known facts:
    1. He does indeed have a ferrari and it is assumed that this is the car in question.
    2 The same stated car is the car that has alledgedly been worked on in a manner that according to Jameson was,in some aspects dangerous.
    Unless I am sadly mistaken these are the only facts revealed. Not much of a case for chastising a dealer, who, incidentally cannot defend himself on here as this would be extremely unprofessional.
    Nobody has said, again to the best of my knowledge,that Jameson does not have a genuine grievance, but as we are unable to ascertain what it is, and he has now dissappeared into the sunset without a shred of proof as to what the problem may be, it is hardly surprising that he has received the responses that have been posted here.
    As I said in my previous posts I have never met Karl Verdi, nor doI know where his workshop is, but rest assured, if I were in his position I would be mightily pi55ed off with the fact that one side has gone public with IMHO nothing but maliscous intent, and the other side cannot respond on the same forum.
    Hardly what I would call a level playing field.

2. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    I would like to point out that I did not come on here and slag anyone of, If you read original post, all i ask, is, as anyone else had problems with Verdi, or is it just my bad luck, I do not see that as causing havoc to anybody!
    Yes i do have a Ferrari, yes i did buy from Verdis, yes it as been back 3/4 times,in first month, yes same faults have occured again, yes it did pass its MOT, but week later was found to have four illegal tyres, which i agree was replaced,(but wheels all scratched when replaced) but one of them is a odd tyre with different tread pattern!! also rear wheels were rubbing against body, so no free wheeling at all, needed spacers fitted to wheels, all wheel studs were short variety and only just catching , because of previous wheel change, when wheels were taken off and brakes checked, because of poor braking, pads just disintergrated, was all in pieces, thats without mentioning loss of clucth fluid in first week. recovered and repaired, New seals, and then less then 500 miles later, same thing happens again, seals being damaged because of corrosion of shaft, something that should have been rectified before.
    Now maybe that is just bad luck, and i have never said anything different, merely ask a question, so If people want to answer and take offence, like some of private messages i have received, so be it, Thats your choice, but dont accuse me of harmng anybodies business, that as taken years to advance!
    They must be the same years its taken me to save to buy a Ferrari!
    So if this a forum thats what its suppossed to be, a place to ask questions seek assistance and some guidence.

3. OmegaSteve

OmegaSteve Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Jameson,

I think the problem you are having is that many people on this site know Karl Verdi quite well and in TonyH case seemingly very well and has struck a bit of a nerve.

I think you raised a reasonably valid question but people do tend not to name dealers where problems have occurred as it can quite often lead to some heated and unfair/unjust debates. IMO I think you could have raised your concerns and asked for advice and guidance on what route to take to ensure a satisfactory outcome rather than a 'name and shame' approach.

This argument would occur not just with Verdi's but also other dealerships as not one is perfect by any means.

FWIW I have met Karl Verdi on one occasssion and found him very helpful and knowledgable, but I have also met many other dealers and some I would use , some I would not.

4. twotoomany

twotoomany Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    David Higgins
    Why is this guy being interogated to this degree. We all like Karl is enthusiasm for Ferrari is second to none, he does good work, he is a genuinely nice guy.

I have known Karl for some 15 years BUT occasionally very occasionaly there are disgruntled customers as in any business. The essence of the whole discussion is how the customer is treated and faults rectified.

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    Dont agree with you there mate cos rosso corsa has had a few doggings on here it was even suggested that jameson was rosso corsa
    the mistake jameson made on here was that he had no profile filled in and it looked suspicous but he did not dog verdis he asked a few questions and it looks like verdis friends went on the defence its a natural thing to do
    no matter what buisness you are in there will always be problems and these things have to be sorted out and there is nothing worse than cars for problems as every body on here will realise
    there was a thread on here a few months back called good dealer bad dealer i personally think this is a very dangerous topic
    The people that sent you personal messages are out of order and owe you an apolagy in my opinion

6. OmegaSteve

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thats what I said....I think!

7. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Personal PMs are out of order unless they are offering help.

If it hasn't been done, I still think a good chat with Karl would be the most productive course of action all round.

8. spcheekuk

spcheekuk Karting

Nov 27, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    I am amazed that so many people have been so confrontational in response to a reasonable question.

9. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Because it all seemed so vague and clandestine??

If it was absolutely clear with all facts presented it might have had a different response - ie:

My name is X, I have bought car Y from dealer Z and my problems are A, B, C, D.

Instead it was - has anybody had any problems with dealer Z? We didn't know who we were dealing with, and what the problems may be. If you want help and advice, be prepared to give a little detail as to the problem.

10. All ON U

All ON U Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2005
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Sonu

I agree.

11. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Yes Steve M8, you are wasting your time.

12. OmegaSteve

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Come on Graham (I think thats your name), you have gone all defensive since your love children have been banned. They will be back soon so come on old man, lighten up and join in with the banter in a light hearted manner!

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    First off an apology to Jameson . I didn't read your inital post saying you bought the TR from Verdi and i agree that you haven't slated him .
    As for the probs with the car, Karl has offered to pick up your bill as a gesture of goodwill. He is upset he didn't have the opportunity to do so at the time. Call him to sort out the details.

14. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Well done Tony, You have had the decency to ask Karl what the sp, was.

We all have probs at some time or an other, its how we deal with them that matter.

Hope your Wheels get sorted Jameson and you enjoy the experience after all that saving etc for your dream car :)

15. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I must say, I agree with you. This is exactly the place for you to be asking these kind of questions (IMHO) !!! .. and think your manner is fair and correct. This is an open public forum and not affiliated to any dealers (as far as I know) apart from sponsorship which has its set of rules. If we cant discuss this openly here.... then WHERE can we??

I think its a concern for everyone if this site is becoming too biased in any direction... its not really fair and is a bit misleading for occasional readers and viewers. Im probably just as guilty over-plugging as the next man :)

16. Albert V8

Albert V8 Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I think Karl is terrible.

In fact he's sooooooooooooooooo bad, i bought his F40 off of him. :)

And a 328 :) All good stuff.

17. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    many thanks for replies and appology from Tony H.
    I have explained but just to put people straight, who have gone on the defensive, I have tried 3 times to contact Karl before my first post and each time left a message requesting a call back, but never materialised.
    I do not think that is unfair, and I have not acted in anyway unfair.
    Tony H, I see you have been more successful then me in speaking to Karl about the situation, and i appreciate his gesture! Im not looking for anything for nothing from no-one, but just expect to be treated in a decent manner.
    When i purchased my vehilce this forum was used to promote, but it seems you cannot bring up a question when it goes the other way!
    In my mind most of these problems with this vehicle that have occured could have been rectified, at MOT stage or the stringent check each vehicle gets as advertised!!! Not on keep being told return vehicle when a fault occurs, I can understand that with future problems but not things that should have been rectified on day one.
    I am Sorry if my post as upset anybody and I must say that was not my intention, but I also must say, that I find the people who sent the PMs in the manner they did to be somewhat uncalled for, but thats another ongoing matter!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. twotoomany

twotoomany Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    David Higgins
    I think personally you should name the people or they should apoligise.It is bad form to attack a poster for his opinion and to send PM is unacceptable.

19. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    twotoomany, thanks for that, but seems that naming people is wrong on here, but those people who sent those PMs know who they are, and so DO I, so naming on here is not way forward, there are many ways to skin a cat.
    I must point out this is not too the people who sent understanding or decent PMs but only to the others. As i said you know who you are!!!!!!!!!!!

20. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    here here i agree

21. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Quite agree Dave, I think Jameson has been quite shabbily treated on here and to have PM's sent, having a go at him for holding views that they didn't, is well out of order.

Jameson hope you enjoy your great car once it's been sorted, I have a 90 Testa too.:D

22. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Could this now be time for a group hug? :D

23. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Perhaps just a driveout and a bacon sandwich?

24. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    ?????

25. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Sounds suspiciosly like a plan. New thread though!