FASTEST 360 IN THE USA | FerrariChat

FASTEST 360 IN THE USA

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by 360 GT, Mar 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360 GT

360 GT Karting

Jul 8, 2004
    Corona, Ca
    Full Name:
    Sean Dunne
    This 360 was built by Exotic Car Outlet and im sure you have seen it around or at the race track but this car just had the ECU Upgraded, shifts at 9500RPM, 500 HP......... gonna do time attack this year for the fastest street car in the world!!!!!!!!!!! www.exoticcaroutlet.com .....

2. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    That's the one that is at Crystal Cove quite often, right? Love it.... Agressive looks, without being over the top. Sounds incredible as well... And it obviously is quick as hell!

Jay

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Sean, you have a PM.

4. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    #4 Hubert, Mar 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sure.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Z06Kal

Z06Kal Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Considering that car is modified I don't think you can call it the "Fastest street car in the world." I assume your talking about the SCC Time Attack! on the road course where it has to compete with other modified cars with far better numbers. Even then the SCC time attack is HIGHLY biassed and the only reason the 360 won last year was because they made the rules to ban certain cars as well as hired a ringer drive to drive it.

6. samuel_1

samuel_1 Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    Eagle Glen - So. Cor
    Full Name:
    Samuel Worthington
    I just had a ride in this car a couple of days ago and can attest to the 9500 shift point. The 360 pulled all the way to 9500 and probably could have gone much more. It pinned me to the seat and left me with a permanent grin. I hope you guys bring it to CC this weekend.

7. 360 GT

360 GT Karting

Jul 8, 2004
    Corona, Ca
    Full Name:
    Sean Dunne
    Well actually the 360 wasnt the fastest out there.I think you mean the Axis 360...it was the EVO that Tarzan drove in the 1:48-1:50 range but that was a full race car i believe!...anyways every car is modified that gets invited to Time Attack because it only makes sense to race but the point is that, it's street legal registered with plates. Everything we have done with the car is just bolt on and we upgraded the ECU and TCU as well...(no turbo's, supercharger's, NOS)! This exact 360 we use as a daily driver to promote the potential of the car as an everyday street car, yet we can go straight to the track and turn a great lap time!

8. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    What are the lap times you've run w/ this car? Which tracks, tires and configurations? Did you use hot lap timers of AMB transponders?

Also, on your site you say that the springs are replaced w/ Challenge springs, yet you then go on to say that the car can be cornerweighted and to cornerweight, you need ride height adjustement, so what's the benefit of the springs ( rates?) and then what's done to the dampers?

And without dyno sheets, the horsepower claims come off like total BS.

Lastly, what's the bill for a total pkg?

9. kennyyellow360

kennyyellow360 Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    The O.C.
    Sean

If u can pump out 500hp with just bolt on, or a great deal on a set of supercharger, then I will be first in line. I have bolt on everything that is avaliable, but no luck getting 500hb yet.

10. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    i don't understand. a novitech SC'd 360 would smoke your 500 hp car. further, there are a number of cars (enzo, cgt, zonda, etc) that would kick a novitech SC'd 360's butt on the track, much less a 500 hp 360. how do you figure the fastest street car on the track?

11. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    yep, i think it's the one with the cheezed out rear wing. these guys seem to have recreated an uglier more expensive version of ferrari's stradale which no doubt has superior suspension and brakes. they've gone to some lenghts to lighten it some - about the same as the stradale probably. why? you're left with a "not stradale" with mods that are probably not worth $0 upon resale. as well, these guys probably haven't spent 1% of the time in the wind tunnel ferrari did when working up the body modifications on the stradale vs. the 360.

12. samuel_1

samuel_1 Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    Eagle Glen - So. Cor
    Full Name:
    Samuel Worthington
    The Novitec Ferrari will not even "smoke" a base Stradale and in no way is it worth the $100k in upgrades. The only smoking around the Novitec is the guy who spends a $100k+ for these performance numbers:

Specs: Novitec Stage I 565hp: Stradale 425hp:
    0-60 3.8 4.0
    1/4 mile 12.0 12.5

If you use the word "smoke" with Novitec, don't forget to add "and mirrors"

Don't get me wrong, I think the Novitec is a badass car just for slapping some SC's on it. Just not really worth the upgrade.

13. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Classic! :)

14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  15. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    what's the trap speed in the 1/4 on both cars? i'd think there would be some traction issues with the 565 hp which would go a long way to explaining the times. anyway, the main point here is the claim that the thread starters 500 hp 360 is the fastest street car in the world is a load of BS.

16. 360 GT

360 GT Karting

Jul 8, 2004
    Corona, Ca
    Full Name:
    Sean Dunne
    Well i never said it IS the fastest 360 there is, but i will say it is the fastest 360 on the track! If you think yours is quicker then come to the track and well find out..I was stating were going to time attack to be the fastest 360 and thats not till later this year> Novitec did a 2:00 lap around buttonwillow with Tommy Kendall (think thats how u spell it) and lost to a stock 360 by a second....plus the car got so hot it shut down the car and the ECU wouldnt let it run correct.... anyways we have turned a 1:58 around buttonwillow many times and that was before our ECU upgrade! We estimate about 100 HP in the upgrades we did.....and yes i will dyno it as soon as we can to get the official HP but we havent done that yet....we have tested the car up to 175 on the track and the faster it goes the more solid the car feels and we can attest our bumper, wing, and rockers are the main reason! The car has challenge springs and was corner weighted to get the car as balanced as possible and that made a huge difference with the amount of momentum it carries through turns!... and hopefully all of you replying own a 360 so you can back up what your talking about! have a great day

17. Z06Kal

Z06Kal Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    So now your saying its the fastest Street 360 around the track? Originally you said it was the fastest Street car in the world. Btw buttonwillow times means nothing if you dont' mention the configuration and direction which changes daily. Definition of a street is very loose as the Virtual Works Supra is driven on city streets all the time and that car pulls 8's. It's questionable how any 360 would do against something like Mumford's (RIP) Viper. And that car was a street driven car I even saw him at the mall once.

18. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    Hey when you get the results of the dyno please post them, and also if you can do a comparison with a stock 360

Thanks

George.

19. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    By parts:

So it goes from fastest STREET 360 to fastest 360 on TRACK. You realize you've just taken an hyped claimed and turned it into an over hyped claim-your co's 360 is quicker than a 360C or 360GT racer? Yowza.

Your lap times are meaningless because you're not stating the configuration, nor the tires used. There are 15 different configurations you can run at BW - which config were you running when you clocked a 1.58?

How do you distinguish the added top speed from your claimed 100hp from your 'aero' pkg? Do you have c of drag # for your new aero pkg? Did you do back to back testing? Is is the power, or the slippery body work? Your stating two points that negate each other.

You haven't addressed my point - if a 360 can be cornerweighted w/out the installation of ride heigh adj coilovers then of what purpose were the challenge springs? To lower the cars ride height or to increase the spring rates; once more you're stating points that negate each other.

No one here needs to own a 360 to spot the aggregiously over hyped claims you're making and the fact that you really don't know what you're talking about, nor even understand the products your pushing.

It's not personal, it just gets tiring to see people make unweildly claims, only to avoid pressing inquires when they come up.

20. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    HOLY CRAP...!!!

...Hubert ended a sentence in a preposition...!
    :)

21. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast

I don't see anything. Whatdya' mean? ;)

22. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Sean,

You have a shop in Corona? I drive past there everyday to work, I live in Riverside... Let me know, PM me... Thanks dude!!! :)

Bhane

23. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Touche. :)

24. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    ..damn now he is banned for Spam and I have this empty feeling of leaving the movie that has one of those $hitty endings. :)

What I don't get is by raising the RPM point to 9500 you are putting serious stress on the engine. After all what you are doing Ferrari thought of LONG before you. They decided for less you crank it past what they thought was right. Your engine will probably blow soon. Besides it appears you love to test this 9500 limit quite often when you have passengers seeing the 9500 already and posting here.
    What I don't get though is where you could get the extra 100HP from? Pure speculation? By raising the redline 1000RPMs you think you gain 100HP?

While the user is banned maybe someone can please explain this to me?

25. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    *Shruggs* Beats me...

I dont know why he got banned... I just wanted to know if could stop to his shop (if its in Corona) , hes only 10miles from my house.. Oh well...