308 shift problem, part II | FerrariChat

308 shift problem, part II

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by rickjaffe, Mar 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rickjaffe

rickjaffe Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2005
    houston
    Full Name:
    richard jaffe
    saw some of the past threads; unscrewed the shift gate; looks like the gears don't align up with the gate. with the gate loose, I can shift normally;

I tried to take off the shift gate but the shift nob doesn't seem to unscrew and there does not appear to be a screw holding it in; so I could take off the shift gate; how do I do it:

also from the last couple of posts it looks like the adjustment is under the car removing tranmission something; way beyond me; seem like if I could just move the shift gate about 1/2 inch to the right it would solve the problem; but that wouldn't make it line up with the holes for the gate; isn't there an easier way of doing this than going into the transmission. or at least temporarily removing the gate?

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    To get the shift knob off there is a small, almost flat nut just under the knob. Loosen this nut while holding the knob then you will be able to unscrew the knob.

As for the alignment if it's way beyond you, haul that baby in to your mechanic. Should be a pretty simple fix if all it needs is to be re-centered.

3. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Hi Rick

the WSM page D17 (I posted this in the oiginal thread not realizing you had started this one). Download the WSM from http://dino308gt4.com. Since you can get it into a specific gear (prerequiste to doing the adjustment per manual), there is no need to remove the transmission cover. You will however still have to get under the car to get to the linkage adjustments.

Gerrit