MAD AS HELL ! | FerrariChat

MAD AS HELL !

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ross, Mar 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    somebody tried to steal the 512 tonight ! this is the second time for this car and the fourth time in 5 years that somebody has tried to steal one of my ferraris ! i have just had it !
    and these dumbasses never manage to steal it, all they do is damage the lock, the ignition, the paint, the steering wheel, the windows etcetc. between the alarm, the immobilizer, the steering wheel bar, they never get anywhere, but you would think they might realize that ahead of time...but no, they want to redecorate with a screwdriver !

at least the insurance is covering it, but what a pain in the a$$.

what is it about these cars that brings out the worst in people?

2. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Everybody wants a Ferrari. Question: Any simularities about where the vehicle is located when the theft is attempted?

Art

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    not really. the first three incidents were in various parts of london (kensington chelsea), but tonite i was in france just outside geneva playing tennis at a club. the parking lot was absolutely flooded with light and we are about 100 yards from the border guards, so i though it was safe.

apparently so many cars get stolen that when i called the police they did not even want to come check it out, said they dont go out on those calls anymore!

4. CreativeS

CreativeS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Most police forces don't bother with it anymore, but I find it odd how they would not check it out if it's a Ferrari. I understand for a Civic or any grocery getter, but with exotics you are usually dealing with bigger fish. Did you mention only damage was done, and it was a poor attempt?

Chances are it was punks doing for the joyride (unprofessional), which might have tipped off the police to not care. With high end theft they sometimes come and try to raise some prints.

But in the end, I think catching criminals would be more important to them since investigating barely gets anywhere. But I do feel your pain and frustration, I get pissed when people try to break in MY CIVIC, I'd be on a murderous rampage if they were damaging my 512!!

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    $75,000+ worth of property and it's not even worth them driving out. Would they come out if someone broke into your house???

6. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Took the words right outta my mind...

7. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    From the deep south, its called "shotgun". Not sure it helps but that is what I suggest. Rent "Deliverance" & figure it out.

8. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Are you suggesting that he holds them at gunpoint and sodomizes them until one of their friends shoots him in the back with a bow and arrow?

9. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Ross, 4 times in 5 years??? You need to hang out in a new neighborhood!

All kidding aside, I hope you can get everything fixed with minimal headaches!

10. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Really makes you wonder how long a guy in a stolen TR can cruise London... it aint exactly a Vauxhall!!!

11. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I'm suggesting he chases them down, stuffs a gun barrel in their mouth while they piss on his shoes as they squeal like a pig. Whether he flips them over & rips um bloody for laughs & makes them squeal again is entirely up to him.

12. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Only a moron would think they could do anything with the car, unless they're very connected in a stolen parts scheme, or in an auto theft ring for the third worlders' exotic car appetites.

The joyride group would be the other category for stealing such a car...time for the digital video cams to be set up for these kooks!

What is it about these cars? IMO, these exotic cars are like women, and the guys stealing these cars, especially the "joyride group" of thieves, are like rapists. They don't have any power in life, so phuqueing you over/stealing your car gives them power over you.

I'm sorry for your loss, I hope it all sorts out well. PeterB.

13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Why would you guys be so easy on them?

14. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

They must part them out or ship them elsewhere for sale. At any rate it sounds like you can not let it out of your sight. Very unfortunate.

15. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    So sorry to hear...Gald they didn't get her!
    I live in a neighborhood where my garage toys cost almost as much as my house. I know I am crazy but moving next spring. I feel paranoid now and barred the garage and put in a break in proof side door. Everyday I come home from work I have a little panic attack as the garage door opens...
    Mike

16. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Same with me, MIke, but I don't even have a garage

17. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Now that was funny.

18. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    The envy satisfied only by ignorance and violence is too prevelent in society.

No end in sight.

Only isolation.

19. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    If you are referring to my suggestion, it makes me feel better to visualize that scene on the street. Wait until you have something you’ve worked your adult life for, meticulously picked out, & honored every time you soaped it up, brutalized or taken from you.

20. acehole

acehole Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Axel
    Two words: Fava Beans.

21. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    How do you like them?

22. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    With a nice Chiati.

23. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Slice & dice. Sweet, I'll bring glasses & the beer just in case.

24. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    bah! thanks for reminding me i've gotta go to werk in a few hours. :mad:

25. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name: