RAM Issues | FerrariChat

RAM Issues

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TheScarletStang, Mar 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    Well i was thinking about getting some more RAM for my computer, but i don't know which to get. . .i have a 256MB processor, so maybe a 512MB upgrade would be good, but i don't know which brand. . .I need this upgrade for a certain online game that i play and im tired of all the slow choppy gameplay. Any advice on what to get to speed up my performance for my comp?

2. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    512MB total would be the minimum, with 1GB recommended. Not sure what you mean by 256MB processor - 256KB L2 cache? or 256MB already in your system. You'll probably want to take a look at the cost of a new system vs just the memory upgrades.

good luck.

3. djoex

djoex Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe Yeung
    need more info on computer specs since there are a lot of ram that have same amount of memory ie. 256 but different speeds.. so depends on your computer specs to see which speed suits it better.

about 512 being minimum, i dont totally agree. If all you do is regular tasks such as web browsing, email, word processing, excel, etc.. is more than enough. but with the current prices you could buy a 512 memory for around 60$ and you'll end up with 768, not a nice number but its not bad.