Get out, it's gorgeous | FerrariChat

Get out, it's gorgeous

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Mar 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    OK, even here in NJ it's a gorgeous day.
    Mandatory drive for everyone. Get out. Harness the ponies for at least on 15+mile drive today & post about it by tonight.

I think a scenic drive up the Hudson is calling me. Maybe I can wave to meathead or find a white Ford Pickup to tangle with :)

2. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Clyde,
    You know Rob Reiner?

Tom

3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    This Rob Reiner? http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001661/ ????

It's early, only one cup of coffee so far....I don't get the connection.

4. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    Hey Clyde,

Having brunch with Pchop and Woodear at 2pm in tribeca at bubby's. Want to come?

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    ever see All in the Family?

6. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Sam,
    You're so smart. Hey.....that's why you bought a Mondial. :)

Clyde,
    On "All in the Family", Carroll O' Conner's character, Archie, always referred to his son-in-law, played by Rob Reiner, as "meathead" or "you dumb Polock" or "you commie pinko". Now don't tell me you don't remember the show. You're not THAT much younger than me. ;)

Tom

7. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    I'll be out driving around. If anyone wants to meet up and run together for awhile, give me a shout.

8. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yo yo geoffff, meet us for brauch at 2.

9. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    gorgeous day I took a nice ride up to bear mountain. still snow on the grass up there though. But good news is it looks like winter is over

10. Schultzois

Jun 22, 2004
    Hey I was in that neck of the woods. Didn't go up Bear Mountain proper (is the road to the top open?) but I did go over the Bear Mountain Bridge and made a brief stop to take stock of things at the vista point after crossing the bridge.

Really was a gorgeous day. Probably put about 150 miles on. GWB to Palisades to Bear Mountain Bridge to Bear Mountain Parkway to Taconic North a bit past 84 then back down Taconic to Saw Mill and Henry Hudson.

11. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I do remember. :)
    And yes, I'm 1/2 Polish. Commie Pinko? Nah. Meathead? I've been called worse ;)

12. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Nice route you chose there G. I was in the Audi with the Fam today looking at Real Estate and chomping at the bit wanting to take a run. P-car is still on the lift though undergoing its transformation so I finally feel the pain you guys go through while the F-cars are in the shop. Withdrawl is a b-i-t-c-h!

13. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    And Geoff....

INcredible. I was up there too!

John, thanks for the invite....but I didn't see it until after I got back from my run. Raincheck?

I went out for pancakes in Caldwell (Eric, right near the Wheels America place...good food!) then decided to hit OfficeMax for printer cartridges, then hit Berganfield for a personal errand....and kept going.
    about 2:00pm, hit Rt 4 to Palisades to 9W...all the way up across the Bear Mountain bridge to the "Aniversary lookout" , around the Aquarium (or this fish restraunt we stopped at 1 year ago), back down the mountain to the "Lodge", looped around the circle 3 times (in commemoration) , past the "Lodge" & up & over the mountain on whatever road that is....(Geoff, the Perkins? rd was closed & snow covered) and back down the palisades to 87N to 287S to 23S & home. About 150 Miles all together.

Very little traffice..., only 1 cop at one of the palisades look-out stops (nope, not meathead....I waved, & this young officer waved back). Didn't see a white pick-up in Piedmont. Oh well.

14. Schultzois

Jun 22, 2004
    That's it - Perkins Rd. I didn't even look today as the last times I checked it was closed for the season, which I interpret as all the snow has to be long gone before they'll bother unblocking it.

Sounds like a good drive you got in, Clyde!

15. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    Sounds like a great day of driving. I guess you two were the 1st Anniversary run? ;)

16. Schultzois

Jun 22, 2004
    Not sure it counts if we're all out there separately...

...but then again, maybe I'm just saying that because I want to go out and do it all again. :D

17. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i was parked at the lodge for an hour or two, walked around the lake with my lady friend. we gotta communicate better guys :)

18. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    So did it last an hour or two?

Oh, I see walked around the lake

19. udalmia

udalmia Guest

yo if anyone is going towards the palisades parkway again it is mandatory to give me a call! jeff if you came in through the GW bridge to the parkway you were like 5 miles from my place

my no. for future ref for anyone

eight one two - three two zero - four six seven six

20. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Utkarsh,
    I told my g/f you lived close by & I wish I knew exactly where, but I assumed you were back at school. Stupid me. Got your number & I'll be sure to call next time.

Sorry Rob. This run for me was spur-of-the-moment otherwise I would have posted. I did see a dark blue vette & I had hopes for but a moment, but it didn't have "Student driver" on it.

Nope, this isn't an anniversary run. Just practice. :)

21. Schultzois

Jun 22, 2004
    U-man - I'll put the number in my phone and be sure to give you a call whenever I cross the GWB. Lately for my spontaneous drives I've gotten into the habit of doing exactly the loop I described above. So I don't think it will be too long before I'm headed through again.

22. udalmia

udalmia Guest

looking forward to it, i should get the car back by tuesday/wed

23. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    No vette, I was in the conti. what time did you go through the lodge area?

24. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    MMmmmmmm about 2:30 maybe 3. Well, without your vette, I wouldn't have known you were around. I doubt I'd given the Conti a second look ;)

Taking the g/f around in the Conti, huh? Hmmmmmm. But then, it does have soft back seats, doesn't it :D