People just don't care | FerrariChat

People just don't care

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by barranr, Mar 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barranr

barranr Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Herndon VA
    Full Name:
    Rod Barrand
    #1 barranr, Mar 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok, so i get my car back on the road this weekend after 3 months in the garage. Park it ouside my appartment, polish it inside & out.

Night time, alarm goes off, look out window to see this prick parked so close i don't know how he was able to get out the car. Now i have a door ding and the mirror was bent back. I went ballistic, she denied touching the car. Her car was clearly over the parking line and she had 5 feet space betwwen her car and the one on the passenger side. Cop can't do anything, I didn't see her get out the car and it's a private car park.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    that's just frickin retarded. :mad:

3. amslb182

amslb182 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Andrew LeGrant
    I would do something to her car, not something very noticable, maybe put water and sugar in her gas tank or something similar. Or find some kids around your neighbor hood give them some money and tell them to totally trash it, if your really angry with her.

4. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    ???

what the hell is that going to achieve???

(btw sorry to hear about your car dude hope it works out...)

5. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Will make you feel a little better?

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Make sure you wait a while before exacting any revenge (if that's your thing). You don't want to be the obvious suspect :D

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    people are so stupid
    espeically when they have SUVs....
    and 2 X-chromosomes
    :p

8. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    a hammer and a little "pad"on her door will to the trick :)

9. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    besides is it a rental apartment building or a condo?
    In either case I would file a complaint with the association. They should have a liability policy and by90% will be liable for those damages. Great that you took pictures.

10. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Unfortunatley guys, it happens to all of us. The end spot is really the only way to go, if you have to leave it in a lot. What I don't understand is that the person sees a nice car, why park on top of it and be so careless and open your door into it! I would believe that your an adult and not a kid. Revenge is not the answer. If you approach the person, I'm sure that they didn't even know what they did because they don't care. Can you imagine if you got caught putting sugar in the persons gas tank! Defacing private property is a serious offense. Can you imagine that its some old lady who doesn't know what the f*ck she is doing and you get cought damaging her car. Bad P.R. Bro.
    If you MUST park in a lot, look into the plastic/foam that sold that goes over the window and hangs down the door to protect the door against dings from people who are careless idiots.

11. barranr

barranr Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Herndon VA
    Full Name:
    Rod Barrand
    I'm not into revenge, it's just the fact that she denied any involvment to me and the cop.

p.s the cop made her climb in the passenger side to move her car because he knew there was no way she could get in without her door hitting my car

12. h00kem

h00kem Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Texas
    If there is absolutely no consequence to her then she has no reason to be more respectful toward others property. I would make sure that something happens to her car not because I think revenge is satisfying but rather because she needs to be taught the lesson of respecting others property...she needs to be made to walk in your shoes. A key issue with the world today is that far too few take responsibility for their actions...take responsibility!

13. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Agreed. Steal her wheel bolts and make sure you are not parked next to her when she pulls away :)

14. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Revenge is infantile but sometimes it fills a little void when you are done wrong. I would go out and get some bumper stickers and cover her front windshield with them. No real harm done--just a lot of time getting them off. Make sure not to park there for a while or she may think up something even better.

15. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Let’s see: You have a door ding - not good. She has had to deal with an upset you, the cops, and oh yea, lie like a stoat. I think she has learned not to park near you.
    She banged your car not knowing it was yours. If you do something to hers, to get her, well, that makes you the real villain because that’s a personal attack. It won’t help your door ding and if you get caught, it will be a life changing experience. Turn the other cheek - take the moral high ground - and don’t listen to the teenagers here who are stuck in high-school gang-war reaction mode. Well, that’s my suggestion.

16. barranr

barranr Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Herndon VA
    Full Name:
    Rod Barrand
    Suggestion noted, and the noise i was making when it happened, i doubt ANYONE will be parking next to me for some time

17. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Why can't you do anything... You've got the pic of her Lexus right next to you, bent mirror, you've probably got some of her paint on your door. Get it checked, cross it against her paint, (so there is techincal evidence) and with the photos you've got a shot... file a claim. Sue her for an entire paint job!

Maybe I watch too much CSI

Best of luck.

18. JTranfield

JTranfield Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    NYC, London
    Full Name:
    J Tranfield
    Hate to say it but I would wait a few weeks and key up her car, of course if a guy was driving it a puch in the mouth would be more appropriate.
    Guaranteed most a*****oles driving SUVs couldn't give a f**k for anyone
    else car but theirs and its reflected in the way they drive and park.

19. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Shouldn't have let her move the car! First you could check when opening her drivers door that it came exactly in the spot were your dent is, that would have been prove enough, not? Too late now. Sorry for your car, I live in the city center were the drunk youth from the bars are passing in the weekends and need 3 mirrors are year, for my old Alfa they are cheap though.

20. h00kem

h00kem Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Texas
    What she has learned is that if she can put up with a hassel and lie like a rug she can totally avoid any financial or other consequences. What you have put her through it a minor inconvenience that she has likely already forgotten about. I'll bet she does this all the time and is already out there banging someone elses property again. There is no moral high ground to take with someone who obviously has no morals.

It's time to experience a little more pain! You mess with my car and I find out you will regret it and will think before you do it again.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We were at a Ferrari club event once and we're all standing around and the alarm of my truck goes off. We walk over and there is a dent in the door I've never seen before. So the alarm went off right when the guy got out of his car and there is a dent I've never seen before. I go inside and get the guy and nicely say I think he might have dented my car. We go out there and by him opening the door it is proof to both of us that he didn't cause the dent. I swore it was him up until that point, I felt bad and apologized to the guy, but I'm still glad I at least asked him to check out.

22. wbuild

wbuild Karting

Nov 27, 2004
    north carolina
    go on one of the tv judge shows like judge judy or judge mathis, you have a pic for evidence. try to sue also for emotional damage (it is a ferrari after all)

sorry to hear about the bump to the car.

23. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Sorry to hear of this. Did the door dent leave any paint from her car? If you call your insurance and say that she was to blame maybe they can recover from her insurance to fix it. It may be something that can be fixed easily from one of those dent guys anyway. Revenge is stupid as it creates bad kharma and only indirectly fuels animosity/malicious damage to F-cars in the first place. Bottom line is if you park an F-car anywhere near other cars it leaves us open to idiots like this.

24. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Call YOUR insurance and make a claim under your comprehensive ins..

Show them the pix and tell them the story, they will contact her ins. co..
    This may convince her ins. that she was at fault and they may pay, if not your ins. will go after them.

Why anyone would park so close to a car they cannot get out is beyond me.

Good luck

25. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Rod, I can feel your frustration and I know I would be really angry too. As much as revenge and the satisfaction of f#$%ing up her car in return, I think you are wise to pass on that one, as you suggested. She would most likely know it is you anyway and further escalation leaves you even more vulnerable.
    I have a cockpit cover for the roadster that covers the top, windshield and about 1/2 way down the top of the trunk. On the sided it drops down below the beltline of the car and is padded along both sides so if people open their doors into your car, it protects to a certain degree. YOu might think about something like that. I feel for you having to park in areas accessible to others less caring. Hope you can get the dent out w/o paint work.