512M Question/ Which Sparco seat mounting brackets? | FerrariChat

512M Question/ Which Sparco seat mounting brackets?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by WILLIAM H, Mar 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Just got some nice red Sparco to replace the awful Ostrich skin in the 512M Slutmobile, Which STILL has not arrived. They are busily taking care of some issues now.
    Anyways Sparco of course doesnt publish seat mounting brackets for the 512M. So I think the 355 mounting brackets worked on my 512TR. Will those work in the 512M as well ? Thanks

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    William,

As i recall, the 512M has a flat floor and this is a VERY good thing. IF it follows the same as the 308 here (i know, not the same car but just trying to help you), the flat floor bolts should match up with the OMP brackets. i used the low height aluminum version (730 Side) and black colored grade 12 hex bolts from Home Depot (from the slide out drawers in the store bolt dept).

Basically, just build the seat in the car. Inner bracket on seat loosely bolted, bolt in the floor bolts, the connect the outer seat bolts loosely, then those to the floor. Tighten all bolts accordingly. You will probably need to modify a hex wrench by cutting the shorter "L" leg. Tightening the floor bolts with the seat mounted is a very tight room situation so shortening the smaller "L" side of the Allen helps greatly.

Again, not sure if this really helps due to mine being a 308, but hope it does as bolt spacing should be the same and a flat floor makes life MUCH simpler.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Thanks Steve, are you in NH all winter ?

4. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Yes... and no. In January was in Japan, China, Indonesia, Las Vegas, NYC, LA, Philly, etc. In a few weeks will be in NYC again, then Munich to tour BMW and (of course) the Nurburgring...