"nunzio828" on Ebay | FerrariChat

"nunzio828" on Ebay

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by trashidelek!, Mar 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
  2. pauls

pauls Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    I have had the same thought but can not piece it together. It seems that nunzio828 never bids against autohistorian who I thought was the above.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

FerrariLiterature.com doesn't exactly scalp.

They charge the going rate for stuff that's hard or next to impossible to get.

Just look at Ebay these days and you'll see his prices are in line with what the stuff is fetching there.

All of this is getting incredibly expensive. Go to Paul Baber's site and see what he's charging, plus, half the stuff he says he has he can't actually get.

Same thing at MAranello Literature, and probably any place else you might go.

I know, I've been trying to pick up the rest of my Dino stuff for some time now.

DM

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  5. trashidelek!

Nov 18, 2004
    Pretty close to it IMO. Lately, I have noticed quite a few items from Ebay showing up on ferrariliterature.com, maranelloliterature.com, and ************.com. ************.com lists prices on their website and they are always, at least, twice the Ebay sale price. It seems as though Ebay has become the wholesale marketplace for these items.

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oh, I don't know about that. Dino stuff shakes out like this on Ebay..$300 for a manual. $200+ for a parts book. $500 for a warning triangle. $3000 for tools. $1700 and up for a pouch, $400 and up for a key fob, $1000 and up for the little yellow duster and over $3000 for a complete pouch doesn't strike me as wholesale, bits and pieces from the tool kits are going for crazy money too.

Up until a few months ago Paul Baber was advertising Dino pouches for about $900, not anymore. I bought my owner's manuial a little over a year ago on Ebay for $50.00, now I consider that a real steal.

Also, demand is currently exceeding supply on Dino items, which isn't helping things any.

I suspect the market is gonna be here for a while, so now's as good a time as any to grab items if you can. I had originally thought that the market would soften, that the resolve of the half dozen or so persistent buyers would fade, but, it sure doesn't look like it to me now.

I think the market is moving towards Ferrari Literature and Maranello literature.

DM.

7. trashidelek!

Nov 18, 2004
    Probably true, unfortunately.

8. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    WOW. Those prices are rediculous

9. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Ridiculous but real.
    The stuff doesn't stop rising in price either.
    10+ Years ago the same was said about Dino items I bought from John Kennedy and Mike Sheehan (the most expensive then...), then today I find these at multiples of those prices.

Nunzio is being prudent - as nay-sayers claim the items are too pricey, he is buying...and watching prices rise.

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I stand by my comment from 5 months ago, sheer prudence.

Now that car prices are jumping, what about the literature? especially owner's items.

I sold off a Dino pouch/books last winter (can you guess the Ebay buyer that swept down upon the Buy-it-now price) and yesterday saw yet another pouch go for over $5,000.00 USD, 30-40% over last winter's price. Perhaps I was ill informed on the market or I underestimated the number of cars out there WITHOUT their books.

All this should underline the fact that when you go to buy a classic Ferrari, the books/tools/jack, etc are best obtained in that sale.

11. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    take a look at the new thread i just started. it makes one wonder were prices are going and where they have been.