99 Modena value and issues please. | FerrariChat

99 Modena value and issues please.

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360Pete, Mar 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360Pete

360Pete Karting

Mar 16, 2005
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hello everyone,

I might be in the market for an used Modena. I am looking at a 1999 car with about 10K miles, F1 tranny, and good condition. I am totally new at this, so would greatly appreciate any info on what to look for and what to avoid. Most importantly, what would be a good price on such a car.

One more thing, 1999 being the first year, did Ferrari update the F1 software on early cars? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!

Peter

2. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Peter--Hello and welcome. You will find this site to be a wealth of information. A couple of initial suggestions, though. First, fill out your profile. This is kind of like your on line "handshake", and it tends to facilitate your interactions in the community. Second, use the search function. There are many, many posts regarding this.

I'm sure you can look forward to many excellent replies. Is the car being sold by a dealer? A dealer can run the VIN and get a list of campaigns that were performed on the car, which is also a good place to start.

Scott

3. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    I just sold my 99 coupe 6 speed with 5800 miles...RED/Black...They are great cars very reliable.. Though mine only had 5k miles my friend has a 00 with 25k miles and has had no problems. The key here is maintenance/maintenance.If you buy a 360, buy a car with all maintenance records. The early cars had a few minor issues but most of them are cured with recalls/campaigns. Also very important to have a PPI done... If you not a current Fcar owner you have no idea what it cost to fix a major problem..By getting a PPI you atleast know what your up against going in.
    Finally be choosie when looking, right now there is a plethera of used 360's on the market so take your time ....But hurry up..Spring is here and you ll see a $10,000 increase when good weather comes. To answer your other question I believe it was in 02 they update the F1 software so you can look into having an older car updated... But from what I hear the older cars have a quicker shifting point. and a 99 360 coupe were the fastest 360's built due emission changes in 00-05.