F Cars in LA in the Sun | FerrariChat

F Cars in LA in the Sun

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by D11VE:J, Mar 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004
    #1 D11VE:J, Mar 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I did not make the time to get to visit the GT Plant, too much snow in Detroit, hope to do it next time, however, did get to see a few 360 Fcars around LA, nice wheels, I thought you might like to see them.

I am here for another week, I hope to send you a few more, has anyone seen a California Blue 360 before?

What do you think of these fantastic wheels they put on their FCars here, great aren't they, anyone want some bringing home - just joking.

I thought Hummers were supposed to be rare, they got millions of them here, £25k.

'youz lookin good tone' at Virginia Water in your immaculate machine.

Regards
    D11VE:J
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi Dave,
    they don't mind a set of rims out there , do they? ;) Cheers for the pic.

3. raks

raks Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    NW London
    Full Name:
    Raks
    i love the ones on the first picture of the 360 and the split rims on the bottom pic of a blue 360 spider, nice! :)

4. asifsure

asifsure Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Tiffany Chin
    Hey Tony!
    are you out here? Where is Virginia Waters. It's funny I reconize you!! hehe. What happened to the butt avatar?

Dave: Love the pics.

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Tiff,
    the pics are a bit misleading. Virginia Water is is in Surrey, UK. Dave's other pics are taking in LA. THere's a world of difference between locations ;)

6. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Dave,

How you doing?

I think the Californian Blue you refer to is Azzuro California - its an awesome colour and by far my fave colour for a Ferrari. There's a number of them in the UK - Maranello currently have one of yours in it and it looks sweet!!

Jamie

7. reggie

reggie Guest

never been a fan of modifying cars etc and doing bits and bobs, but i must admit, those alloy's in the top left pic, on the blue 360 are fantastic, not so sure about the others, and certainly not the ones on the yellow 360 !

8. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Why do you say LA sun when you show snow and a UK pic of TonyH?

PS. Just come from funeral and had 6 pints of Guiness....

9. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004
    What I wouldn't give for a pint of Guiness right now, however, I thought with the $1 being 1.85 x £1 the price of the Ferrari's over here in Los Angeles would be lower, none of it, they are scandalously expensive here, a 2002 360 spider in a dealership was $185,000 (£100k), who said buying a Ferrari in USA was cheaper, a lhd 360 Stradalie they just sold for £135k. $250,000.

Tell you what I am going to buy next trip, a big 5.4 chevy 4x4 gas guzzler, $38,000 - what a bargain, $500 amonth to lease (£250) A BMW X5 like the one I have at home is $70,000 here, £39,000, mine was £57, what a cheek, we are holding up the world car manufacturers profits in the UK. a big Chevy is £20k. a lot of motor for the money, sat nav, auto, 7 seats, nice enough beep-beep.

I had to smile, they are all moaning here that gas/petrol is now $2.45 a gallon, up 20% in 3 months, shucks it has gone up from £1-10p a gallon to £1-35p a gallon, what hardship, even at 12 to the gallon it is still a bargain as we pay almost $9 a gallon. Say no more.

On a more serious note;
    Miss you all and all of the banter, can I just say from afar, I would rather have FChat than not have it, no matter what you silly boys call one another on line, sometimes most distasteful and uncalled for. Worst of all I went on line at a Ferrari dealership the other day to show the guy my V12 575, he was not amused at what he read, we do make ourselves look like a bunch of prime idiots with such outlandish banter.

I am proud to be a Ferrai owner, and enjoy being one of the FChatters, however, isn't it about time we did some kissing and making up and started to behave a bit more responsibly towards one another? There is little fun in being insulted on line and then having 2 others tell you 'he was only joking' and 5 more join in trying to counter what the others said to prove he was being rude. I ask you this simple question; would you speak like that to my face, no, behaving badly on the web is a brave as these tossers who make rude signs at you like peeling a banana when they feel safe in their car and you have made a minor error and upset them. I can tell you they soon sh4t themselves when you chase them and make moves to take them off the road.

I had an off-duty bus driver get out of his car one night and wave his finger in my car window in my face, I was out with my kids in the car, not a care in the world, bothering nobody, he shouted in my face through the window trying to pick a fight, he then walked to the front of my car holding his hand up to stop me moving as if he was taking my reg number, he went over the roof and landed behind my car as I drove off, he was flat on his ass, I was ready to run him over, just the answer for cowardly little rats with big gobs. He chose the wrong night and the wrong man to f--k with.

Post a joke or something if what you want is a laugh, you don't know who you are insulting on the web.

Much Love to you all, missing home and the car
    Dave
    D11VE:J

10. asifsure

asifsure Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Tiffany Chin
    oh ok, so when are you going to make the trek out here then?
    Yeah a little confusing. ;)

Tony how do you do it?
    You're everywhere!! ;)