FOC Indoor Go Kart event on March 19 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

FOC Indoor Go Kart event on March 19

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004
    well what sucks for me is, I slightly tore the tendon in my wrist early this week but will still try to drive. I will be in a hlaf cast but I should be able to manage. See ya guys there.

2. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    Hey guys,

Looks like the weather man says it will be around 44 with "few showers" whatever that means. For those of you that bring your Ferrari's or in Mike's case, your Elise, would you mind if I tested the sound pressure level of your exhausts? I'm doing a little project for class and would appreciate the opportunity. I guess we'll see how the weather goes!

-Mike

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dan, we have a second (and final) spot available for your son. You can pay me on Saturday.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sorry....I can't get "Ripped"....I'm bringing Junior along...:) He'll be busy with all of the Video games,The 355 Simulator,and the Pool tables,(me too) ....Not to mention,watching the racing.

Well,as far as driving the F-Car...I will just have to "play it by ear" and see what the weather is like that day....

Unless it is totally dry,with NO chance of precipitation. I'll bring her out. But,right now,there is so much freakin' Salt on the roads,I even see actual small piles at intersections,if it gets wet,will be total Salt Water spray getting way up into the nooks and cranny's underneath my Car. "And,That ain't right"....:(

So,will see what happens on Sat.

5. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I actually called the village to complain about that in my area... and after they salted AGAIN last night, I'll be calling and telling them to send a truck to sweep the streets in front of my house tonight.

It looks like snow is on the street in front of my driveway because they salted enough to melt 800' (yes, feet) of snow when we got about 1/4" last week. My guess is that the scumbags are just trying to use up their budget so that they get the same budget next year...

6. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sounds interesting... count me in if I drive the Elise.

Also sounds like something that requires a warm engine ;)

7. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    T-minus 2 days.......

This is BULL**** wat the hell is going on with the weather here....the past 3 days were very nice.....now snow,rain and SALT all over the roads.....i mean i don't mind if you guys personaly get snow and salt on yourselves....but ill be damned if you guys get any of that crap on any of those sweet Ferraris of yours :D

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yeah, it's pretty miserable. And how ironic: This year we'll have reserved Ferrari only parking and potentially no red car will show up. At the current rate I'll be driving a Toyota instead...
    :(

9. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael

excellent, a warm engine is always good...

-mike

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah....I'll just have to wait 'til Sat. and see.too...Was really looking forward to getting some pix of Ferrari's all lined up in front of the place,too. Well,we'll have other events to do that,too,I guess.

BTW....the Malaysian GP airs at 11:30AM on Sunday. Anyone up for getting together to watch it? At a Bar doesn't sound to promising,with all of the College B-Ball going on....But,if anyone has any suggestions or ideas....?...:)

11. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill

Frank,
    Maybe you could just go back to CIR on sunday, they would probably not mind having the race on.

Bill

12. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    That is good news about the final spot. I will bring you the $$ Sat. If my son beats me he can walk home. I will tell him the good news.
    See you Sat.

13. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Of course you can get "Ripped", Frankie Jr. can drive you home! ;)

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ok, the wait is almost over. Here is the final list of the 20 drivers. 4 haven't paid yet, I'll collect your money tomorrow. And apologies for some of the nick names, I don't know all your real names yet:

* Chuck
    Mo
    Rick Migulski
    Mike Roe (AR)
    * Mike Z
    Billiam
    Bill's friend
    * Dave Bendl
    Dan Giacalone
    Giacalone Jr.
    Bob Campen
    Campen Jr.
    * Jack Stanley
    Chelle
    Haley
    * Richard Tuttle
    * Don Civgin
    Dan Norton
    Formula 1 Frank
    * Andreas

* = FOC
    If I missed a FOC driver, let me know as this is important: There will be 2 classes for trophies:
    1) General for all 20 drivers
    2) FOC only

Please be at CIR before 2pm, especially if you bring a Ferrari:
    http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/directions.asp
    There will be Ferrari only parking in front of the building for a foto op.

At 2pm we all need to sign into their computer system so the place has our names for the race rosters. Thereafter we will have a theory lesson and then get our suits and helmets.

Three races will be held starting at 3pm with computer generated starting order. The best ten drivers will go on to the final race, which is for the trophies. The starting order for that race will be determined by your individual results of the previous three qualifying races.

We'll be done around 4pm at which time we start celebrating, eating and drinking at the upstairs bar. Remember no booze until you're done racing!

Let's hope for some sunshine!

15. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    T-minus 1 day......

Looks like we have some sunny weather for today lets hope for Saturday.....Im cleaning my car today so Ill be ready for some pics :D
    My blue 2002 acura rsx :(

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,thats true....sounds like a great idea! Anyone up for it? We can talk about it tomm.....

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL!!! Yes,but,I have to keep that Car in good shape so that I can "Hold it over his head" all during his Teenage years...:) If he's a Good kid,he gets it when he's 20,or something like that. (Seriously) If he's good,he can have it when he's old enough to take care of it. I plan on adding to the Stable,so,why not....:)

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,I changed the Oil and Filter today.And took her out for alittle spin....:) Didn't clean her,though....did not want to Jinx the Weather....But,Hopin'and a Prayin' that we'll not get any Rain Tomorrow so that we can drive our special cars....:)

Oh,and by the way.....I think that the Racing is going to be extremely tough,tomorrow. Wait until you guys see these Trophies....My Brother-in-Law did an Unbelievable job. If you liked the Trophies last Year,which were pretty darn good....these are WAY better!

And,anyone caught using Steroids will be Disqualified.....:)

19. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Do we know which track we'll be on?

20. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    I'd guess 1. The one with the fun hairpin right by the pits. I think thats the main track and the other is for the enduro and special events.

-mike

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not until we're there, same goes for the direction.

Weather looks promising right now.
    :)

22. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Once again the weather man was wrong......man thats the perfect job if you think about it....weather your right or wrong you still get paid....hehehe

If its ok with you guys i like to say those famous words that every car/race nut loves to hear..........

:D:D:D DRIVERS START YOUR ENGINES ! :D:D:D

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    YEA!!!! YEA!!! The Weather is looking good! Do I DARE go out and put a little Polish on my Car?.......Absolutely not! Don't wanna Jinx it! (Actually,it's been covered,so it's still clean from when I put her away....:) )

Fresh Oil. Fresh Gas. New Air in the Tires. A Bottle of Super Duper Fuel System Cleaner....Heck,Can I bring her in and put her on the Track?...:)

David,(Rocketboy) Do you think that you can come over to my House with your Hummer and pick up the Trophies? Not sure if they'll fit in my F-Car....:) (Just Kidding!)

And,Hey! All of you FChatters! Even if you aren't Racing. Please stop by and meet everyone. Then,you can put a Face to the FChat Monikers,so you will know who you are Chatting to....(Which,may or may not be a good thing......:) )

See you guys later!

24. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    Weather looks nice! Knock on wood!!!!! see everyone there around what 1:30? is anyone going earlier? I'll be around in my dirty (unless the rain cleaned it) blue mazda. see you all in a couple hours!

-mike

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dave's wife told me he left early this morning to do some practice laps.