TArse banned---------- | Page 5 | FerrariChat

TArse banned----------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    This is not directed at you alone Lee, I've seen people make the same assumptions on here.

You CANNOT rely on the IP alone to isolate who is posting, or provide much meaningfull info.

Unless someone is foolish enough to use their own fixed IP (with their info registered against it) it is near on impossible to be sure who, what or where the person is.

For example say you use a dialup ISP whose hub is in London?

Or maybe use a proxy based in XXXXX?

2. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Having said that.

The posts dont really appear to be Tea Arses style. So I'm not suggesting its him.

3. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    IP Address 213.249.211.xx
    Kingston Upon Hull (or nearest City)
    England
    United Kingdom

Long -.3390
    Latt 53.7500
    Positive Match? 95%

Thanks to BTNet IP Investigation team

Seemed to have got the wrong user (I was checking closeshave!)
    The "fake" user was in Hull???
    Anyone we know??

4. reggie

reggie Guest

I dont doubt you know what your talking about, but i have just spent the last hour on the phone to the section of the police that deals with this. If it wasnt him, we shall soon see.

I will not have my personal details published on any site by anyone - Period, and the person responsible is about to be found out - its that simple.

Thank You for the message on your new site !

5. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Reggie

They'll do little about it. I had the same thing done to me - people using my car Registration left right and centre and then pretending to be me. Only serious if its for fraud matters......

Lee

6. reggie

reggie Guest

The guy i spoke to is a friend, hopfully he'll go beyond the call of duty for me on this one.

I am just starting to realise what a scary place the interent can be, especailly for someone like me who knows nothing about it. Got a guy coming tmrw to put all sort's of 'child locks' on my computer at home so my children dont get into 'trouble'

worried though

7. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff

right on the nail! now lets get on with it!

8. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

interesting, I have a very good friend who works in the I.T. section too. Let me know the outcome, I would be interested because they have a distinct lack of skills and some dont even know what CCIE stands for. Just proves that you should never fill out your profile, even though people on here advocate that you should or they say we could be talking to anyone. Another site stumbling point at the moment.

9. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    I fell for it too.
    I wont be going back there again.

10. reggie

reggie Guest

will do Steve - he actually told me they don't usually bother with things like this as it takes up to much man power for small offenders, but he is looking into it for me !

11. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    Reggie
    You have PM

12. Aztec

Aztec Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2004
    Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Dave
    closeshave

You have PM

13. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52146&page=2

A guy in Manchester decided not to talk with "us" about buying a 328. His words:

"Thanks for all the genuine advice, this is a great forum, I was a little apprehensive posting in the UK section as it looks like it gets a bit heated/confrontational over there."

Losing one thread from an enthusiastic potential new owner because of this decent into navel gazing dross is disappointing. Loads of us can help this guy, but he's gone off to the Yanks courtesy of recent bullsh1t

jg

14. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Lee,

You have made the following post on your new site.

After the complete *******s of F Chat have banned their most lively member for 4 months, I would like to personally see he gets on well and sets an example on this forum.

Hats off to you Graham - we follow your example!

Lee

As i have commented to others, if it is that bad then sign off and stay away.

More importantly, Reggie talks of Police/legal action, but when you make this sort of comment if involves all members of this forum. Let me tell you, this complete *******s actions would not be of a police or legal nature they would be a lot more direct.

Keep you stupid and childish comments to your self.

15. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Dear Stewart

You have come onto an open forum and blatantly threatened a 20 year old with matters that the police/legal system have no control over. You have put-down his site (which you had no reason to go nor comment on as you are not welcome. Yet you have asked me to keep my childish comments to myself. I now only feel the need to stay "online" here to PM my friends and defend them and myself for doing something different. Well heaven forbid.
    Maybe you could subscribe to your forum and help it out in that way as believe me you, your big bully comments do nothing for your image.

Yours sincerely,

Lee

Lee

16. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004
    Lee, you have always come across as a sensible young man with above the average youthful intelligence as I can see by your posts, someone who is prepared to take responsibility. I know you don't own a Ferrari but so what, it is what you can contribute to the group that counts.

Do yourself a big favour, stop firing the bullets loaded by someone else who is too cowardly to do it himself. You are defending the indefensible. The majority has spoken, read and digest the posts, 1 For v 100 Against.

Whatever is going wrong in Tea Arses life right now you will never know, there are enough problems in the world without trying to guess someone elses.

If this is how TA gets his kicks, he is best staying away, if he has something to say that is a contribution to the group, great. The problem Lee is that those who know best, the majority, think the former is the truth. Sorry accept it and move on most people like that would not give you the steam off their pee, believe me, your loyalties are misplaced in my view, you have more friends here than 1 or 2 but you are losing their respect. Go out, have a *** and cool off. Come back and send us something, one of Lee's posts, anything, just make it yours, OK.

Do well Lee,
    ML
    Dave
    D11VE:J

17. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Lee, you have to admit that TA has gone completely off the rails as of late - I enjoy a good laugh as well as the next man. I actually think SteveF is the one of the best guys on this site, and his humour is spot on. However TA opening 200 threads on absolute nonsense put even me off from visiting for a couple of nights. It was dreadful. There is a world of difference between the SteveF humour, and the drivel that was TArses posts. As I have said before, he obviosuly has a great intellect, and has made some great posts, but then seems to lose the plot completely and ends up destroying the site for a great many people.

18. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I have only been an F-Chatter for a short time, and apart from a FOC's, acura-honda.net and pistonheads, forums have never concerned me much. Although my posts are not that high I take great pleasure in visiting this site for information and a good laugh. I recently visited Texas and got loads of help from our American friends on what to do there. I have had technical queries answered, help on where to take my car for servicing etc. It is truly fantastic. Out of the forums I mentioned this (that includes the UK section) is by far the best. I do love reading the humour.

The trouble with forums from what I can see is the fact that it is difficult to get humour or the tone of a conversation across. Smiley's help a bit.

I would be sorry to see anyone leave or be put off. I have met some people mentioned in this thread a few weeks ago at Oulton Park and I can only praise them they really are decent people.

19. reggie

reggie Guest

I would like to make a public apology to Tea Arse (yes , you heard me) After the recent construction of a profile in my name with all my personal information i acted on form and motive and this was wrong and proved to be wrong. It was not Tea Arse and for jumping the gun i apologise to him.

I acted impulsively and hastily and let what comments that had been said cloud my judgement. Im big enough and ugly enough to make a sincerre apololgy when i am wrong and i was this time.

The authorities i have perviously mentioned were able to get a name and exact address but were not allowed to supply me with that information. I was asked if i wanted to take it further, but i recieved a PM from the culprit with an apology and want this to be the end of all this bickering and get on with being productive on this site.

20. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Fair paly . I will email him your comments.

21. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Well done sir.

22. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

hope you got the culprit reggie, I feel alot of people misunderstand tea ares humour but again people can be abrasive toward one another. Did the police assist of was it easier to compare notes with Tonyh

23. reggie

reggie Guest

no, my friend phoned my last night and said he had looked into it, he knows where it came from and he had a name, but wasnt allowed to tell me that for obvious reasons. He said he wasnt really allowed to spend time doing what he had done as although its illegal, its very very minor and maybe i should thing about letting it go and hope it was some stupid joke and not someone actually posting my details for other reasons. I thought maybe i had gone a little OTT and dropped it. Still worried about my personal stuff being posted anywhere no the interent though, by anyone.

Anyway the person who was responsible sent me an apology, dont really comprehend the reason's why he did it, but thats that now.

I guess these guys are more interested in the guys who try and steal millions from Asian Banks !

Done and dusted

24. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    wow wow wow which reggie is this is it the real reggie or the other reggie as there has been two reggies on the go sorry reggie or the other reggie **** me this is difficult anyway which ever reggie you are well done as there is not many on here that do apologise so well done reggie
    there is stll a few people on here that also need to do some apologys on line twotoomany i do think you should apoligise to tonyh
    i also think the karl verdi fan club should apolagise to twotoomany an apology and also mr jameson is due an apology

so glad that i am always right and never get into this situation just got the tea arse ban to be sorted as its far too long

proper ferrari's have 12 cylinders in the rear anything else is a kit car