2005 12 Hours of Sebring | FerrariChat

2005 12 Hours of Sebring

Discussion in 'Florida' started by white_fly, Mar 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. white_fly

white_fly Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    This year's 12 Hours is going to be one of the best in history with all the battles that are started before the race week even starts. Ferrari, Aston Martin, Corvette, Saleen and Maserati will all be racing head to head in GT1 alone. I'm going to be going to the race, anybody else? This will be my first time and I am excited beyond words.

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    If you are in Sebring on Friday, take in the tech session happening at the Care Racing Ferrari 550 GT Maranello paddock to see the real contender for GT-1 class honors.

We are aiming for this to take place around 2PM.

BHW

3. white_fly

white_fly Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I am going to be trying to meet as many people at the race as I can and I as just thinking about how big of a fan Preston Henn is of Ferraris and Sebring and I was wondering if any of you happen to know him or a way I could get in contact with him. The car-Racing Tech session sounds really good. BTW, if anybody wants to see a preview of the race, I have an article that gives a pretty good overview of all the classes and competitors at: http://www.speedarena.com/news/publish/features/article_5648.shtml

4. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    You can probably contact Preston thru the Swap Shop flea market right in your hometown.

KevFla

5. white_fly

white_fly Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I actually tried going through the Swap Shop website but I didn't get any results. I don't know if I would be able to find him if I actually went to the Swap Shop but suppose it would be worth going just to see what cars he has on display at the moment.

6. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    I'll be there snapping photos!

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Look out for my friend Peter Hardman. He'll be testing the AMDBR9.

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Hardman will be there driving DBR9?

Will this be the post Sebring 12 Hour test then?

BHW

9. Navigator

Navigator Rookie

Mar 15, 2005
    Florida (West Coast)
    Full Name:
    Peter

The racing will be great. Weather forcast is clear and 70's. Perfect! Watch some of the "fans" as they start drinking on Wednesday and don't stop until they kick them out on Sunday.

10. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Thursday weather update for Sebring:

Today's weather is great if you are a DUCK!

Sunny and clear Friday through Sunday (which is what counts) but with todays rain the fields are going to be mud pits (mud wrestling returns to Sebring :)....

11. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    I'm writing this from my hotel room in Avon Park. Thursday was a disaster, but Friday turned out okay once the wind died down and the clouds disappeared. I took an extended test drive in the Noble 400. What a car! Incredible power! 0-60 in the mid threes. All for $95k. I want one!

12. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    #12 Sloan83qv, Mar 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was a very nice day in Sebring today and thanks to Barton Workman of SSF we have a great private paddock tour with the Ferrari 550 team. The Chief engineer gave us a personal tour of the car and answered all out questions.
    Thanks Barton!

Back to Sebring Tomorrow for the race.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi ,
    he'll be testing the Prodrive car on 22 March.
    Tony

14. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I will be testing the new 360GT in Sebring April 1 and 2 :)

JMB will be bringing their GT cars to test and I will have mine there as well.

15. white_fly

white_fly Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Sorry I missed everybody and the tech session. There is so much to do at Sebring that it is easy to forget things. I had a blast. The race was great with close finishes in P1 and GT1. The MC12s looked awesome at night going into turn 10. Front and rear brakes ablaze and shooting blue flames out the back. Beautiful. It is a shame the 550 dropped out so quickly. Congrats to Aston. I actually got to congratulate David Richards personally after the race. There is so much that could be said I don't even think I'm going to try.

16. white_fly

white_fly Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    By the way, I was the crazy guy in the gold painted sombrero. Let me know if you saw me.

17. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Can you be more specific? LOL.

BHW

18. white_fly

white_fly Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Ok, I was the crazy guy in the only IMSA approved gold painted sombrero in the world. I was talking to one of the vintage racers and he said he used to work in IMSA Tech and he wanted me to go over there and ask them to approve the hat and to tell them that Andy sent you. I did just that and I got approved. However, they made the last minute decision to exclude me from the race instead of Maserati on the account that I broke even more of the regulations than they did ;)

Just another memory that I will always have.