Eco-Tiles----------- | FerrariChat

Eco-Tiles-----------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Mar 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Chaps,
    i have been contacted by Eco-Tile following an inquiry i made about buying their product. They have offered a 20 % discount to Fchatters on any order coming from here. If anyone's interested pls let me know.
    Not sure if this kinda breaches the promotional rules but seeing as we'll all benefit i gave the benefit of the doubt. Agree?

2. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    Sounds great M8
    Any more info on what an eco tile is please?

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Sorry, here's the link.

http://www.ecotile-uk.com/

4. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Tony, I'm for a bit of that, but my new house isn't ready til June/July, do you think I'd still get the discount if I speak to them now, and them order in June?

I'm sure they'd be cool about it, and good job on getting us all a discount.

Mines is a double garage, and I think I'm gonna tile the walls, really liked that Porcelonsa tiled thread garage before, you got a link to that again?

Paul

5. Aztec

Aztec Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2004
    Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Tony how much are they now? i bought 100sqm and got a descent discount
    but it's a few years ago

2 friends have bought from them after seeing my garage more recently i could find out what they ended up paying

Dave

6. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    I'm really interested in this... has anybody who has installed these tiles help me out with the following questions. Assume average to below average handyman skills...

1. My garage is 9x5m with a broken front - (middle bay sticks out about 400mm). How long do you think it would take to do?

2. How easy are these things to cut? What do you use to cut with? Do they look neat when cut?

3. Is it over ambitious to consider a pattern - I'm thinking about maybe red parking areas with yellow border around the whole garage with yellow bay dividers...

4. Are they easy to clean? The middle bay of my garage has the muddy equipment... do they just hose off?

Thanks in advance...

LWR

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #7 tonyh, Mar 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    thanks tone yer a diamond

9. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Cheers Tony, the link was for a garage that may have been in America, but was for a guy who have various cars including a F40 in red and silver F50, and the walls were white and black, just trying to get ideas and get then passed through the financial controller (her indoors) before she/we spend the rest on everything else!! Think the guy rebuilt the whole lot, it was a stunning spec.....

Working on a deal for a new ish 360 that Maranello have at the moment, so gearing up the environment in anticipation of a new arrival in the next few months if not weeks.........

Paul

10. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Paul,
    i know the thread you mean but can't find it. I think Kevan posted it so if he reads this maybe he can post the link?

11. paulm

paulm Rookie

Dec 7, 2004
    Bucks
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    Tony
    was going to paint mine this easter, but this stuff looks loads better. i'm in for deff, cheers. (thats the second discount you've got me) ;)

12. harmitc

harmitc Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Bernard R
    I used these in my garage easy to lay & cut as req'd. I bought a load of rejects! They were about £5.00 per sq m. The faults were minor and on the reverse side, so once laid no prob's.

I'll try and post a few pics.

Very quick to put down the main area, just slot together, but cutting takes a while, I used an electric jig saw, works fine, nice neat edge.

Cleaning is easy, just wipe off, but if you hose down, water may sit under the tile, not so good?

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Bernard,pics would be great.
    Paul, no prob ; Just repay the favour with a trade @ work ;)

14. reflex

reflex Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Brighton U.K
    I dug out an invoice from last year.

We paid £18/sqm from EcoTile.

They've been down nearly a year and still look very nice.

15. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Well they've gone up a bit since then.I was quoted £590 for 20 sq mtrs.

16. reflex

reflex Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Brighton U.K
    Ask them to match the price.

There is a cheaper source for exactly the same tile, I'll try and dig it out.