JUST PICKED UP A NEW 05 CRYSTLER 300 | FerrariChat

JUST PICKED UP A NEW 05 CRYSTLER 300

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by $$$=SPEED, Mar 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Pearl white with $8,000 of extra's. Hate to say it but 20 inch rims and tires?? Actually love em! dark tinted windows and the Bently looking chrome front grill. I was in need of a car with good gas milage car with a comfortable feel. I am not a small guy so my options were limited at 6 foot 225lbs. Need to drop 20 before summer!!!!

I would like to post pics but still cannot figure out how to make them small enough to post. Could someone PM me with their e-mail address if they wouldn't mind posting them for me?

No, it is not the Hemi but I do get 29 hwy and 24 in town. By the way anyone want to buy an H1 soft top with 49,000 miles and $20,000 of extra's for $3,000 under Kelly retail book and that doesn't not count the $20k in extra's..

Mike

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Crystler? Isn't that the answer to the question: "What kind of car would Jesus drive?"

3. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Opps...typed a little fast

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  5. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Two black cars in the garage, two white cars in the drive. Toys in the side yard garage and living in a $185,000 house????? You guys think I might have my priorites backwards???? hahahaha
    Mike

6. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Mike--nice looking ride--though I can't believe you didn't go for the big motor. Does look very Bentley-esque from the front.

7. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Thanks Scotty.
    About the motor....I know, I know..I tried to actually make a responsible decision for pretty much the first time at 35. Drove tonight to Jake's in P-town for dinner. I was at a light, new mustang pulled up and reved his motor. I felt no need to punch it. Actually felt good????

Mike

8. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    I love it

Great styling on those cars, very muscular.

9. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Beautiful car Mike. love the front grill. I have to say the 300C is the best at its price, Chryslers one and really only great car produced, besides the crossfire! Parents wanted to buy one but decided on the G35 sedan, another great car!

10. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Pimpin'! (In a good way. And not that there is anything wrong with that).

:)

11. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Thanks guys. My H1 gets 10 in the city and 15 hwy. Diesel used to be 30 cent cheaper than unleaded so it made up for it. I just filled up both tanks in the H1 it was $78.00. The Toyota even only gets about 17 hwy?
    This car - drove about 80 miles today and the gas needle barely moved. They say 29 hwy and around 24-25 city. We'll see? Guess this is the sign of old age? I stole this car though, got a 7 year 70,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty thrown in as part of the deal as well, including wear and tear. Not brakes, tires ect but parts that might wear and need replaced.

Slow and Easy,
    Mike

12. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Nice looking car, Mike! Now maybe I'll spot you on NW 23rd.

13. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Mike

looks nice, wtg.

Kurt

14. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #14 Wasco, Mar 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nice Ride!

I have a 04 1500 with the 340 HP 5.7 L Hemi and love it.

It came from the factory with the 20 inch wheels which make it ride like a caddy at a 100.

The sticker stated 17 Hwy and 13 city; I get around 14 MPG on average.

The 500 HP V-10 Viper version was tempting but that wasn't in the budget.

Who needs a pickup with that many ponies anyway?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Randy,
    Those Dodge's are pretty sweet. The 300 is also coming out with the 500hp all wheel drive in 2006. I think they call it the SVT also???
    Mike

16. Yukonart

Yukonart Rookie

Mar 15, 2005
    Kenmore, WA
    Full Name:
    Arturo V.

Whoah. . . a 500hp AWD 300? That thing'll give my STi a real run for the money, then! :D

17. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    WOW! You can't say that figure and house in the same sentence here in CA... unless you say "you can't get a house for 185K"

BTW: sweet car, I love the 300. Even if you didnt get the HEMI, the car still has 250HP, which is better than a 209hp ford five hundred

18. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I drove the Dodge Magnum version with the hemi (rental car) and was totally unimpressed. Suspension was very rough and handling was poor. Plasticy bits felt and sounded both cheap and hollow. Power was less than exciting. Even with 200 miles on the clock and new-car-smell in the air, I can tell this thing will be worthless in 7 years.

My 17 year old (wow) E32 750iL was a better car with warped rotors and bad front control-arm bushings. (now it's a MUCH better car with those things replaced :)

That grille REALLY wants to be a bentley, BAD. Not a horrible front end, but the rear of the car leaves some to be desired IMO.

Near-decent new car, for a new car, but it's value will drop like a rock in 5 years.

PS: Sweet 355 and H1!

19. davequick

davequick Formula Junior

May 27, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Quick
    almost.

It'll be a 6.1L 425hp, 420lb-ft HEMI. Modded suspension, rims, tires, exhaust, heads, pistons, rods, camshaft.

The car is called a 300C SRT-8. They produced only 224 of them for model year 2005 starting last month and ending this month. I'll have one of the first 100 2006 SRT-8 if I am lucky - I actually ordered on 1/7 and actually put down a deposit last year.

Comes in only two colors - silver or black... mine will be silver.

Fingers crossed that I get my VIN and ship date this week. This car will replace the MINI. :)

-dq

20. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Sorry to hijack the thread but as soon as I saw the 300c had to look. It looks fantastic, always had a thing for American muscle cars of the late 60's/Early 70's. You guys seem to have got lost until recently with cars like the 300.
    Like that new Ford is it the CTS?

I was in Dallas a few weeks ago and thought I had booked a 300 (not a hemi) but it turned out to be a Pacifica. Not a bad car but nothing compared to the 300.

Hopefully of to CA later this year and fancied trying the Magnum. Someone here was not too pleased?

Anyway gorgous car.

Oh meant to ask what do you think of the new Charger?

21. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I know $185,000 isn't a piece of Sh&% either. 2,200 sq ft built in 1993 3 bed room 2 full bath. I went to college in Santa Barbara ansd live in Westwood and Beverly Hills for three years after. Housing is rediculous down there. I don't think tyou can even buy a beater condo for that much!
    Mike

22. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Thanks. I agree as too the value dropping like a rock but because it is not the Hemi I only paid $25,000 for a brand new car with a 7 yr 70,000 bumper to bumper that ghets 29 mpg. Not concerned really about re-sale. I agree the back end of the car is not too cool.
    Mike

23. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I just love the chopped and channeled look. Mopar is doing great with the Ganster look I think. My brother has the Crossfire. Nice Benz running gear but I don't like the ass end at all!

I would have gotten the CLK not the crossfire!

24. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    That's actually not a bad deal on a new vehicle (and hey, that's more $ than I have in cars & trucks right now combined, so you win :)

How is the 300's interoir? I do like the headlights (and overall the front is not bad, even if it REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to be a bentley!)

25. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Interior is very roomy. I am not small so it is not quite the tight squeeze like trying to get my fat ass in the Ferrari. A welcome change!
    Styling, well, not to impressive but for $25k what do you expect. The $40,000 model looks pretty nice though
    Mike