FISI vs. WEBBER | FerrariChat

FISI vs. WEBBER

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Mike360, Mar 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who was at fault....

1. Fisi

2. Webber

3. Both

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just saw the race. Fisi was in the total wrong. He didnt have the rear grip and he went in way too hot on the dirty line and then he claimed that it was not his fault.

Shoot the bastard.....

2. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Let's see if the drivers will do the same with Fisi vs. Webber as they did with MS vs. NH.

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    This is going to set a completely wrong precedent.

Every time there is a race incedent or accident there is going to be a mafia style sit down and every one will enjoy making a mockery of the driver or drivers at fault.

It is turning into a circus... the media, the fans, the audience and now the drivers have to vote one who is at fault.

WHAT THE HELL ON EARTH DOES THE FIA DO?!?!?!!??!

Anyway... what goes around comes around... Fisi and Webber should get the same response that Michael and Nick's incedent got. Then they will realize how truely idiotic this is.

4. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    I was hard put to decide this. Fisi had the inside track and I think his nose was ahead of Webber's; nevertheless, the fact remains that it was Fisi who lost traction and caused the crash.

On the whole, I think the blame should be 70 % Fisi, 30 % Webber, but it's sufficiently fuzzy that the thing can be written off as a no-fault racing incident.

5. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Actually, Webber was in front at the start of the corner...

This wasnt a racing incident, it was a clear hack.

Very "Sato-esque"

6. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    I do not know what race you were watching but that was not a racing incedent. The FIA is asking for a disaster by not dishing out penalties on the track.

They want the drivers to sit down and decide the punishment. Of course everyone wanted to jump on Michael after the race incedent in Australia... but now no one wants to dish out the same treatment to Fisi and Webber. I hope that those two idiots get whats coming to them in another mafia style sit down.

Then they will realize how stupid this driver mandated apologies are.

7. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    I have to watch the incident again, but what I stated were my initial impressions. I could be wrong.

8. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    I agree that that is a dumb turn of events. Penalties should be firm, no-nonsense and handed out by the governing body, full stop.

9. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Its really too bad.
    Webber had a great race and Fisi too. After the first pit stop, Fisichella's car was understeering everywhere and there was no grip at all.
    This is what Fisi said about the incident.
    "As for the collision, Webber got past me into turn 14, then I overtook him again on the straight afterwards. I was ahead, and he was on the outside when he took his line into the corner. As I was braking, the rear of the car slid and Mark had left no margin for error, so we collided. For me, it was a racing incident."

I agree with Fisi. He had to opportunity to overtake and that's what he did. Like he said the car had no grip.
    When Mark stepped over the debris on the straight, Fisi was ahead and Mark decided to stay side by side. It was a great battle, too bad it ended that way. Fault: Fisichella and Webber .

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Everyone except MS and RB is a idiot or a retard? I don't get it.

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Sounds like REAL motorracing ... what's the big deal. Let it be before passing is completely banned!

Pete

12. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    You must really hate Michael and Ferrari. When Michael's race incedent occurred you were up with pitchfork and a torch... now it is "what is the big deal"! WOW!

13. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Imperial, while applauding your zeal for the Scuderia your tinfoil hat is falling off and the paranoia is getting to you :D

Chill dude, we all want Ferrari to win but a bit of excitement along the way doesn't hurt does it ?

At least it's not like it was years ago when we KNEW Ferrari couldn't recover and we all waited for the season to end so that next year might bring some hope.

I think JT may have taken his eye off the ball since becoming el Presidente but will surely redress this very soon.

14. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ahhh come on!! Where's the Aussie spirit??? :D

*Chants* Webber...Webber...Webber....

I am ultimately going for Mark, but i do wish that Ferrari would get their act together. But i think that it is Bridgestone with the problem IMO

15. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    :)

16. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Excitement... excitement... we had over two decades of excitement... I do not want to have anymore excitement... I want Ferrari to win every race.

F2005 and better bridgestone tires. F1 is a team sport and Ferrari are the best F1 team to have ever existed.

On to Bahrain!

17. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Thats fine, but your are taking "enthusiasm" too far and insulting anyone who doesn't agree with your (IMO) narrow minded view of the subject. The MS-conspiracy theory is silly, as the FIA warned Fisi but not MS. Many would say both incidents were equal in blame, although personally maybe MS's was worse, as it wasn't even an overenthusiastic attempt to race, but rather a silly block that cost him points. At least Fisi was driving with passion and a hot head (which i like to see).

Everyone wants Ferrari to win, but I'd rather see them challenged than proceeding around the track in 1-2 formation every time. Nobody can be top dog forever, but if you let it get to you this much whenever Ferrari doesn't win and everyone else isn't up in arms, you will only succeed in shortening your life with stress!

18. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    All I said Imperial was that MS is a poor blocker ... go and read my post.

Admit it, you are loosing the plot :D
    Pete

19. Fast Shadow

Fast Shadow Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    Point Dume, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    The idiotic tire rule was at fault. That wreck was a perfect example of why F1 is going down the toilet.

20. Darkhorse575

Darkhorse575 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Who was at fault?
    It is always the responsibility of the overtaking driver to execute his move in a safe manner. Fisi was crossed up drifting sideways and could only account for a fraction of total car control at the moment of contact. He knows the tire rules better than any of us. He should have waited for a slower corner (like 2 or 8) where a car with worn tires would have been easier to control.

21. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Fisichella's car wasn't running at all during that stage of the race. Webber was stuck behind him and Heidfeld was catching them. Finally Webber got pass Fisi but suddenly Mark ran over a debris on the straight and Fisi had a chance to go right back at him. This was Fisichella's only change on Webber. No way he could have passed him after. It would have been Heidfeld all over Fisichella.

22. Nico Rossi

Nico Rossi Rookie

Mar 20, 2005
    England
    Pleasing to see so many in agreement that Fisichella was at fault in this particular instance. It is always the responsibility of the driver on the inside when in a side by side situation, to hold their line and not run wide - Giancarlo did not do this and thus the collision came to pass. Good to see two drivers both going for it, however.

23. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Webber clearly left racing room. Fisi left his braking far too late for the grip he was getting from his tires.

24. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Amen.

Pete