New Garage - getting there | FerrariChat

New Garage - getting there

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jarends, Mar 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jarends

jarends Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2001
    Princeton, NJ
    Full Name:
    John Arends
    #1 jarends, Mar 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Nice!

Is the black car a factory screaming-chicken delete? What year is it, '78?

3. Hammerdown

Hammerdown Karting

Mar 19, 2004
    MotorCity
    Carpeting on a garage floor? Do you work in it ever? Just curious.

4. jarends

jarends Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2001
    Princeton, NJ
    Full Name:
    John Arends
    The 78 is a WS6/W72 or a Pontiac 6.6 litre (not an Olds engine), heavy duty suspension, 4 speed T10, Quadajet and all the good stuff. I put a cam in it with GTO headers and a high output ignition. I just had the paint done, the OEM decals are to be put on when the weather improves by our truck lettering company, can't wait.

The only work I'll do in this garage is clean and wax the cars, I have a lift, compressor and tools in my regular garage. The 4 gas lights in the center of the ceiling are there to iluminate that area for waxing (not paste wax) and interior work/detailing.

I have put smart park vynal mats under the 78, 84 and the 328 as they leak, but the 2002 has only 1700 miles on it and not a drop. The carpet will soften the sound and stop the concrete dust altogether.

I want to use this as a living space, has heat and a/c and all the comforts of home. A special filter will keep the dust away so the car can remain uncovered.

It's been fun..

J

5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    ALL YOU NEED IS A BED AND A WALKIE TALKIE AND YOUR MARRIAGE WILL BE EVEN GOLDER..

LOOKS GREAT JOHN!!!!

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Looking good John! I can't wait to see it in person when it's done. Sounds like you're doing it right, buddy.

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Nice '77 T/A. One question though...Where are you going to put the cooler for all of the Coors?

DL

8. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Don't forget the fluff-n-dry station for the mullet!

-Chris

9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Looks great!

10. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Damn!!! With that set up, who needs a house? Add a little kitchenette, bathroom, bed and a fireplace....and you're all set.

Nice lay out John.

11. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Very nice John!!! Just remember to set up a little loft for me, as that will be my new home sweet home :) !!! Hope to see you & Linda soon for a run!!!
    - Hutch

12. jarends

jarends Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2001
    Princeton, NJ
    Full Name:
    John Arends
    Thanks all,

There is plumbing, but no toliet as yet, I'll just put a bucket next to the TV stand.

The back of the bar has plenty of room, even after I install a slot machine and a pachinko game on that back wall, Quarters only...

Actually, my wife thinks she'll never see me again once the place is done. It should be the first two weeks in April, the carpeting is scheduled for the first week of April.

Hutch, with the run for Greg and all the other plans, this should be a good season. look forward to it.

J