Official Lotus delaers in OC? | FerrariChat

Official Lotus delaers in OC?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jordan747_400, Mar 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Who is an offical dealer for Lotus around Orange Country? Symbolic is a little bit too far for me to make a trip to any time soon. Anybody have any connections with any dealerships selling Elises locally? Id like to go and talk to some people about an Elise.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  3. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
  4. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    #4 donoe, Mar 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Jordan,

Try speaking with Chad Hawkins (Sales Manager) over at Lotus of South Bay (Hermosa Beach), not exactly close to you but closer than Symbolic. Lotus of SB is the only LA county dealer. From what I heard it will be the largest dealer in SoCal. OC and Ventura county is the other two. Lotus SB seem to have Elises in stock and on the showroom floor. They also have a car that you can test drive as well. If you do plan on test driving, be sure to cruise Redondo/Hermosa Beach route, hardtop off, feel the ocean breeze :) hehe...

Here is Chad's direct line to his office 310-939-1851, hes a great guy BTW...

Have fun!

Bhane
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    A friend of mine is selling his fully loaded, black on black, used one (appx 1200 miles - properly broken in - lotus can tell!). If you're interested I'll put you in touch.

6. 20C4S

20C4S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2003
    HEY BHANE THAT'S MY CARROT IN THE PIX!!!

7. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

8. Vantage

Vantage Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    Newport Euro has a great Lotus technician named Don. Used to work on racing teams including F1!

As for buying, it seems like Newport Euro is selling for higher prices than other dealerships. I know their wait listers still have to pay $2500 over MSRP which is ridiculous in today's market. After giving them a try, there's South Bay or Silver Star. South Bay was selling at MSRP last I heard, but adding a bunch of dealer installed accessories. No clue about Silver Star. Symbolic has good folks there and the transaction was very smooth.

If you need some specific advice, don't hesitate to let me know or check out www.elisetalk.com

- J

9. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    hehe... Yup it sure is... wish I took more pics of the rear lights during take off... orange Elise looks sweet cruising at night :)

10. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Seems like plenty on ebay. If you're looking to save some $$ that'd be a good way to go.

11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Jordan,
    Newport European is a Authorized Dealer. The Harbor Blvd. Store is where they have the cars. I actully just drove by them 1/2 hr. ago they do have a few Elise.

12. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    yes, but then there's shipping, dealing with smog testing, VIN verifications, dealing with DMV, etc. i'm not trying to push my buddy's car but it is in S. Cal already, has gone through all that stuff, and is for sale under MSRP.

13. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ben, thanks for heads up. Can you e-mail me more information if you have any to [email protected]. Black is definitely not the color I want, and I dont want to buy yet, but I do want to trace the market for both new and used cars.

14. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    One of the guys who used to bring his gray one to CC was looking to sell his at cost. Seeing as he hasn't been there in a few months, he probably already found a buyer....

Jay

15. fmxa

fmxa Rookie

Mar 3, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I heard Symbolic are selling what they have at MSRP. Looks like the initial rush to buy these cars is slowing, with many of the early ones now back on the used market. I think people are finding the Elise harder to live with than they anticipated.

16. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
  17. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I think the market for flipping these cars dried up much more quickly than anticipated.

18. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

They are great to bomb around in but not too practical. I think that has played into the novelty wearing off somewhat.

19. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    There's always the option of a used Boxster too. ;)

20. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Fun and cheap! I wouldnt mind test driving one to see what its like.

21. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
  22. Sting

Sting Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Edmund Maino
    Jordan,

You should aslo check out the Honda S2000 (around $32,000) and the 2000 MY BMW M coupe/roadster ( around $25,000; the 2000 MY's have the S54 M3 engine in them with 315 hp! Yah!). Both are great cars and offer fantastic performance with everyday usability which the Elise really lacks.

23. Vantage

Vantage Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    It's a shame that Lotus lacks the resources to give the Exige the power it really deserves. Toyota was supposed to develop a sporty V6 engine and Lotus was to use it in the Exige, but that project fell through. Lotus is thinking of offering a supercharged 1.8L engine with around 250hp, but doesn't know if they can afford to warranty such an engine. Perhaps they are doing durability testing.

Took a ride in the ForceFed 270hp Elise that will be on the cover of a few major mags soon, and it's really something. But durability of the engine will always be questionable.

- J