What kind of speeder are you? | FerrariChat

What kind of speeder are you?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F1Ace, Mar 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What kind of speeder are you?

1. I FREQUENTLY speed enough to get a ticket.

2. I RARELY speed, but when I do buddy, look out!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    OK, time to seperate the men from the boys.

2. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Freeway driving: 10-25 over on my daily commute - traffic is usually flowing around 15 over. 5-20 over on weekends or when driving somewhere that I'm not familiar with.

City streets - generally keep to 10 or less over the posted limits.

I don't use a radar detector anymore. My cars are low-key daily drivers, so I'm generally ignored by traffic enforcement.

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I rarely speed anymore , the only time I really speed anymore is when I have an empty interstate in front of me or I'm all bymyself on some back roads. It's not the ticket that concerns me as much anymore but the fact that I could kill someone. I wrecked my old Impala SS a year and a half ago and when I went off the road I was doing 140 I probally slowed down to about 60 or 80 when I finnaly I hit a tree backwards. I was knocked out only for a few seconds and when I woke up there a was a volunteer fireman on a motorcycle that had drove by right when my car came toa stop. I could have killed him. It was late at night and I didn't even think about anyone else being on the road, but he was. I would have killed him if he would have just been going a few more miles per hour and been just a tad bit farther then he was. After that I don't really wanna speed taht much anymore. It's not life I'm concerned about, I know I'm putting it into jeopardy when I do what I do, but it is the lifes of the people around me on the road that concern me.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I have a very simple rule:

Take up the space between myself and the next car in front of me (absolutely as fast as possible) while watching out for cops!

DL

ps. My favorite passenger seat shriek to date is, "HEY, YOU'RE FREAKING ME OUT....I HAVE KIDS!"

5. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    I speed going to work. 10-15 over. But then other times just do speed limit unless late for something else. I have gone very fast in a few cars late at night when the road was empty.

On road trips I speed and have had the speeding tickets to pay the price too.

6. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Somehow...I don't think you'd survive in Houston. =D

7. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    45mph speedlimit 55-60 normally 70mph limit 80-85 I stay between 10-15 over normally.

However I hit 100+ every week it isn't hard to do in short spurts, and 120+ once a month hahaha

PS this is all fictional in a made up world in case any cops read this!

8. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Speed limits ? we don't need to stinking speed limits :D

9. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I guess have an unconcious mental governor set at 12 mph over the limit at all times, because the last 4 tickets I've gotten have all been for exactly 12 over whatever limit I was in. Day or night, side streets and highways.

10. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I prefer to think of them as suggested speeds hahaha

I love it off ramps when they say 25mph and I'm doing 70 :)

11. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Being 20 and all, I can't afford to get a ticket. The price of the ticket would be too much to start with, but the massive increase in insurance premiums from getting any ticket would be what would kill me. Plus I'm generally either on roads that a) cops will pull you for 2 over (it has happened to some friends!), and the traffic court judge is especially hateful towards college students, or b) the roads are too crowded to speed effectively, in which case going a constant speed of 5 over seems to be the quickest...

But, when I do speed, its on a road I know like the back of my hand, and I have driven it once or twice already to warm the 360 up to make sure no cops are around. At that point it is get back and forth as quickly as the car and other traffic will allow...

12. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    usually 10-25 over. The cops here are never doing speed traps so i rarely have to beware of the heat.

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If you can afford the cars in your profile I would assume you could afford the tickets as well.

14. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I always stay a few mph short of Reckless Driving, I think in FL thats 30 mph over the speed limit so you can do 95 safely on the FL turnpike & just get a regular ticket

15. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005

I don't actually own them, they are my parents cars. I just claim them as mine because I'm the one that has had the Ferrari Passion for over 10 years... they can't even claim they've had it for a year yet. muwhahahahaha

In either case I still drive them as much as possible.

Besides, if I get a ticket, I'm the one paying for it, and the jump in insurance... plus most likely my ability to be able to drive the italian muscle...

so I'm not risking it unless I know I'm safe.

16. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    It's hard to speed here in Houston because of all the traffic but when I hit the highways on the outskirts you're sure to find me doing 10-15mph over. Even if I were to speed within the Houston city limits, they have speed traps every on the freeway. I was under the impression that we had a "Safe clear" traffic program in Houston yet we have police officers on the shoulder of the fwy pointing their lasers at people.

If everyone drove like me everyone would get to their destination in half the time.

17. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Somewhere between the limit and 125, whatever seems safe. Usually average 85 on freeway. Problem is when I drive one of the fast family cars I turn into a psyco so I just stay in my Explorer. (Knocking on wood) Zero tickets.

18. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Pretty much as fast as I can go without having to swerve through lanes. So some times the speed limit, other times anywhere from 5-40 over. Always stay under 100 though. Except when the road is empty at 5:30 in the morning and I can see from the beginning of the road to the end and its empty... Fortunately that occurs three days a week early in the morning on my way to school.

Zero tickets.

19. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I kinda have the same thoughts, someone else, or even myself getting killed by just going to fast. My freshman year a kid at my school got killed in a car accident, I heard a lot of differnt stories but the one i heard the most was he was drag racing with one of his buddies, going about 80-90 MPH in a 55 MPH zone, and lost control of his chevy S10. Sad really, i never even knew the guy, but hang out with some of his best friends. On our football teams highlight video theres about a 10 minute tribute to him showing pictures of him growing up, etc. Its really sad and every time i watch it i remember that i cant be stupid when im driving, I only have a permit now, and even when i am driving it will be a 1998 GMC Jimmy, so its not like im driving some fast car. Still though, any car can go fast enough to seriously hurt yourself. Its a little ironic that my dream car is a Ferrari, yet im a little terrified of going fast.

In loving memory of Jimmy Griffin, #4

20. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I dont speed...and by that I mean I cruise in the slow lane on the freeway at or slightly below traffic speed if they are moving too damn fast for me. I stick to 70mph, rarely 75 and only to pass someone I think is dangerous to follow, and practically never above that no matter what.

On city streets I do the posted limit or up to 5mph above it if traffic is flowing quickly. If I am the only car on the road I slow it back down.

I got one ticket and it was a terrible experience...humiliating going back home and telling my parents. I learned my lesson and am not absolutely paranoid about cops...to an almost rediculous level. I have a radar detector but never use it...dont want myself to have an excuse to speed at all.

I get made fun of a lot about my driving, but oh well...Ive tested the limit of safety way too many times in driving and riding in Ferraris and have had enough of it. I try and remain as safe as possible by being as alert and defensive as possible when I drive...so much so that I dont even listen to the radio when I am in my car anymore. The fun I have in my car is just revving it higher and accelerating to the speed limit higher --not too dangerous because my car is so slow anyway. I get passed by SUV's when I try and accerate hard...

I also dont ride in a car with anyone else (especially my peers) outside of my family and the F-chat guys unless I have complete trust in them.

Yea Im paranoid, but Ive had a fear my whole life of dying in a car crash and Id really rather it didnt happen afterall.

21. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    10 over is a given. In 65 mph sections, I'll go as fast as traffic allows. That said I vary my speed alot. I don't just cruise at 95 all day long, just a few short blasts as needed to get the job done. I rarely take it into the triple digits for daily commuting. I have a buddy that routinely sees 120 on his way to work every day, he's insane.

I would actually be pefectly content to lock cruise control in at 75 and just relax but I have a pet peeve about breaking cc and somehow even at that meager pace people still manage to get in the way.

No bother, I think the speeders are the safe drivers because they are attentive. I never feel as threated as I do when I'm doing 65 in the right lane with all those morons who don't know what they are doing or are too scared to do it. That's why I blow past them on the left hand side.

22. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I must have a disease, I always speed. In a 50 kph zone I go 70-80 kph. On the highway where the limit is 110 kph {68 mph} I go 150 kph all of the time, it's as slow as I ever go. I usually bang the governor at 180 kph several times a day. I pass on the left and on the right, I'll use the off ramp lane to over take anyone. I also close the gap so quickly on cars that it's common for me to be within a few feet of their car before changing lanes. Most times I am already speeding as I'm getting onto the highway. I have even used the city suicide lane and the far left shoulder of oncoming traffic on the highway. I have been in 14 collisions {not accidents, because they could have been avoided easily by driving like a normal person} with friends in "races" and 1 other where I rammed some poor guy stopped at a red light. I was doing 80 kph, changing a cd inside a city and the next thing I know this old Volvo is spinning across a fairly major intersection {7 entry points}. I stop, he gets out, I motion for him to get off of the road, he gets in his car and I leave. Yeah yeah, not the "nice" thing to do, but he looked fine. I also corner at the very limit of traction 75% of the time, off ramps / on ramps always, city streets, most of the time. I also like to slam on the brakes as I'm going through a quick, tight corner just to practise settling the car down.

Let the **** rain down on me now! :)

23. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    Usually follow the speeder. Depending on where I drive and if I know where the police are hiding.

24. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    What kind of a speeder am I?

Ask:

Byron ;)
    Augustine
    Matteo