Vancouver Spotter thread 2005 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Vancouver Spotter thread 2005

Discussion in 'Canada' started by VanCooper, Jan 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Wow. Thats quite a sightiing in one day!!!! We dont even get that in the summer here!!!!!

2. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    Last night was pretty good for spotting.
    -1 red Ferrari 360 Modena on 16th avenue at vine (10pm)

Then at about 2am a block away from each other:
    -grigio titanio 360 spider on Robson in front of Shenanigan
    -Silver 360 Modena by Shenanigan's on Robson

This beautiful weather should provide us for increased Ferrari sightings!

3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    No kidding. This weekend was busy for me with the Ferrari too. Yesterday I had it out around in Whiterock and today I ran it up to Cypress Ski Bowl - which by-the-way would need an absolute miracle to open at all this season... I parked at the top parking lot to let the car cool down (and myself!) and it actually felt warmer up there, than it did in the valley. No snow at all.

4. bdog

bdog Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2004
    C-1 vette in Red and white what a bute and may be a 360 but only out the side of my eye

5. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    yesterday black 360 coupe going down burrard

6. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    lastnight "the silver gallardo" going down cornwall

7. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    those hippopotomaus things counts as porsche?
    if so, may be 4000.. :)

8. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    Last night, A yellow Gallardo parked across Sportcheck on Broadway at 0h30am

9. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    yellow f1355 spider with challenge grill going over the lions gate bridge

10. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I must have seen this car earlier today as well parked across from Burrard Autostrasse.

What a beautiful day! Driving with the top down was fabulous today!

11. leviathan

leviathan Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    Silver 360 Modena filling up at the gas station on W 41st @ Oak st. It had the yellow prancing horse logo on the front quarterpanel, so I don't know if this might have been something other than a 360, like maybe the F430? I only saw the front of the car for a few moments as I was driving by.

12. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd

that would be a 360

13. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Scott at FMofV announced at last weekend's F-Club meeting, that there'll be a formal introduction party of the F430 when it arrives, which will also coincide with an anniversary (of-sorts) for the dealership, coming up soon.

Speaking of the F430, anybody have their Surrey Memorial/Royal Columbian lottery ticket yet? :)

I bought mine, but I don't think I would keep the car if I won. The Italian trip sounds really nice, besides, I could do alot with the money from that car. Besides, I have a Ferrari already! :D

14. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I'd really like to know when the F430 will be introduced as I'd like to attend with my father since he likes the 430 a lot. Wasn't FMofV supposed to move in January to the liberty furniture location?

I'm a day or two away from buying those tickets, they're on sale at the Ferrari dealership right? (that's what it says on the lottery's site)

BTW, I saw a Aston Martin DB9 today on highway 99 in Richmond.

15. lotga

lotga Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Richmond, B.C.
    Spotted a blue 456 heading west on Granville Ave. and an ornage Gallardo turning onto Alderbridge from No. 3, it sounded spectacular!

16. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I'll keep you posted on the F430 introduction date. They're still at the stage of selecting a location for the new dealership. They have two sites in mind - one on Robson and one a few streets away. Scott didn't go into any further detail about that. They had the display on the counter, so I assume, they're selling the tickets. If you get the chance, take a look at the homes, the Grand Prize one is incredible.

17. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd

Robson? I can't picture that

18. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    One Location on Robson that would make sense is at the Corner of Denman and Robson where that building burned to the ground about a year ago. They could build a whole new building, plus that is a high traffic area both in rush and non-rush hours!

Today, I saw:
    1 Orange Lotus Esprit V8 at Main and 49th
    1 Blue 360 with Tubi exhaust on Burrard st
    1 Red 360 Modena that I followed into the Ferrari dealership (a member of this community)
    1 Grigio Ingrid 456M GT on 1st at Burrard st

I indeed have some lottery tickets now!

19. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    i can't imagine a full dealership on robson. may be a showroom to display a couple of cars? reminds me of the McLaren showroom in London.

their original idea at the liberty store was pretty good.

they should have grab block on burrard just S of MCL/Lexus where they use to have the MCL used car showroom and the exotic car rental many years ago (now = carter??)

20. shirai

shirai Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    Port Moody
    Full Name:
    Sunny Hirai
    VanCooper saw me (as acknowledged in another thread).

No exotics but I spotted a very nice Cooper Convertible today. ;)

Sunny

21. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Sunny nice of you to sign up on here.....Is you modena 100% stock? challenge grill? tubi? Just so I know,,, If I ever pull up next to you ;)

22. shirai

shirai Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    Port Moody
    Full Name:
    Sunny Hirai
    Pretty much completely stock.

The only option I got was the leather headliner (leather interior roof). I don't have the side badges (liked the smooth look) nor the challenge grill (again liked the smooth look).

The only update is on the interior where I took out the sound system (which is about the worst sound system of any car I've ever heard) and replaced it. If you look inside, you'll notice a subwoofer in the passenger footwell. Kind of intrusive though so I was considering moving it behind the seats in the future.

Sunny

23. lotga

lotga Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Richmond, B.C.
    Hi Sunny, it's nice to see you on here (I'm Fairlady Z on RS), how's things with you? You haven't posted on RS for a long time now!

- Hubert

24. shirai

shirai Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    Port Moody
    Full Name:
    Sunny Hirai
    Yeah, I came online to FerrariChat to ask for tech advice on my squealing brakes then sort of drifted into this forum.

I check out RS every once in a while but the conversations seem a lot, shall we say, younger, than what I prefer. And I don't necessarily mean in age. There are some great members on the board but I wish the flame wars would die down.

It's rare to find a comment without half a dozen people calling the other half a dozen stupid. :( Again, a lot of great members, but the moderation is a lot weaker than it used to be. That said, I haven't been around for a while. Perhaps I shall check it out.

Good to see a familiar face around here.

Sunny

25. Reds

Reds Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2004
    Richmond, B.C.
    Spotted a yellow 355 spider parking near an auto spa shop on West 5th Ave this morning.
    Also the black Lambo roadster was sold.