metal sheilds on 355 PICS. | FerrariChat

metal sheilds on 355 PICS.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by chaa, Mar 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    #1 chaa, Mar 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The first 3 pics bellow are of the new metal ones and the standard stick on plastic ones, the third one is with the stick on plastic ones that i was using on the car.
    The other 3 pics are with the new metal ones on the car.
    I have compared my new metal ones with that of the ones on one of my bosses 360 this morning and they look spot on and just the same but of course thinner so they sit nice one the wing. They have nice crome edges and other crome highlights and have good rich coulor. They are also curved to fit the wing like a glove.
    I never had a problem with the plastic stick on type becourse they look good and have served me well, but now these metal ones are different.
    OK, as you were, carry on men.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Are they the right size? They look massive. Perhaps its because they look smaller on my 360.

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Same hight, 4mm wider than the plastic, so "massive" is a touch much. The comparason can be seen in the first pic.
    Question: Did the 355 fiorano first have the metal sheilds although sunken? So can it be said that the sheilds look to small on the 360 in comparason to on the 355?? Food for thought maybe.

4. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    They look so much nicer than the stick on variety :cool:

Not sure I'd be prepared to pay the price difference though, but that's just me.

5. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I know they do cost alot mate but not compared to the prices that Ferrari charge they are as cheep as chips. If i am correct ferrari charge a few grand for them. I paid £120ish each. Like they say you get what you pay for, £3.50p or £120 sheild sitting on the wing of a £50,000+ ferrari.

6. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Looks the bollox m8, so much better than the stick on.

How did you attach them? Did you have to drill holes in the wing?

7. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    No drilling, they come with sticky on the back, there is no ajustment once there on there on.

8. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Makes more sense when you put it that way. Are you sure you're not an economics teacher on the quiet? :D

9. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Graham i cant even spell the word.

10. paulm

paulm Rookie

Dec 7, 2004
    Bucks
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    agree with you chaa, worth the money, where can i get some?

11. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Yes, it was a bit exagerated. Sorry for that.

12. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Not quite a few grand. Mine were £740, which struck me as a tad on teh strong side, but I liked them, so I had to gulp hard when ordering.

13. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I think i got my figure from the options list for having them fitted at the factory.Is that £740 each or the pair? Question: if you already have them on your 360 why did you replace them?

14. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

looks the nuts geezer

15. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Where do you get your fuel cap flap from ?
    Is it a easy fitment ?

16. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    hey chaa if you are stood on your garden to take the picture i think the grass needs cutting

17. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Your quite right steve. Its not my garden per-say but it is my land. Funny but only this morning i cut the grass of my other house in the city, but my county house has to much of the stuff, have to get the gardeners in, are you offering mate?

18. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Chaa m8

You didn't say where you bought them lovely Sheilds?

:D:D

19. All ON U

All ON U Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2005
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Sonu
    Your car is looking like a BRUTE!! Nice job on the shields..

20. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    First saw them on US ebay two weeks ago, i bid for them and won. Then the seller called Nick who has posted the item on F.chat last year, contacted me and gave me his number in the US so i rang him. Even though i won he still gave me a hefty discount on the price that i won them for. He is the maker of the badges and any other sellers of the badges buy from him. He unlike the other traders that he sells to, he ships to the UK. The badges are listed to fit the 355,Testarossas, 348s and 308s.
    There are some more on US ebay right now or you can mail him directly at [email protected]
    I have told him to expect mail from the UK.

21. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #22 KenC, Mar 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They were factory fitted at a cost of £740 for the pair and have not been replaced. The originals still adorn the wings.

22. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Ken even though the badges may cost £740, i think you will find the options list price is alot more at time of ordering, remember we are dealing with Ferrari here, also the wings would have to be concaved to fit the badges. Hey remember we are talking about the company that charge £3,000 for a strip down the CS.
    Also if you do look on ebay US where i saw the badges, its is explained that when the guy went to ferrari to ask how much the 360 badge option was, he was told $3,000.
    Any way still a good buy in anyones book, and a great saving. Although the 360 badges would be no good for the 355 becourse of the thickness of metal and the wrong shape, so at the price i paid for a custum pair its a deal.

23. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    what plus VAT or including ???

24. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Sorry steve, for which part of the question? If its the US part of the question, i dont know anything about there vat or even if they have it.