F-car daily drivers | FerrariChat

F-car daily drivers

Discussion in '360/430' started by CSM0TION, Mar 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I was curious if any of you would consider any ferrari for a daily driver. Mabye a 575 or 360?

2. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    very easy to do just get used to a lot of attention.
    rock on

3. husky

husky Karting

Feb 13, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    at the time when i bought my 355 spyder, i was thinking its for weekend only, but i am using it as my daily driver recently

4. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Absolutely. The problem for me is that without 4 wheel drive it would make getting to work pretty tough sometimes.

Where is that Ferrari SUV?

5. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    It takes about 20 miles before the 360 reaches normal operating oil temp. Until then, you really can't enjoy it.

Besides, the only thing worse than being stuck in gridlocked traffic is to be stuck in gridlocked traffic in a Ferrari!

Instead, I prefer enjoying my 360 on the weekends. My typical outing is around 200 miles on the back roads. That makes a lot more sense and it's a lot more fun than wasting it on urban commuting.

6. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    They work as daily drivers. Just remember to budget accordingly. The mileage mandated maintenance will come up very quickly in a daily driver. This means tires, clutch, 15m service, 30m service, etc. at quicker than normal intervals. It can be very expensive. Also factor into the cost more dings, dents and general cosmetic wear and tear. Considering these facts, I bought my f-car for weekend fun, and purchased a new Mercedes for the work week (4 door conservative look better suited for travel with clients). Tim

7. janus

janus Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Croatia
    Full Name:
    Janko

As bad as this may sound... i thing it's going to be the most beautifull SUV of them all. I remember seeing a CGI pic of a Ferrari SUV resembeling F430 and it looked great.

8. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    I purchased my 360 with the intention of using it as my daily driver- and it is. I live in a city and drive 8 miles each way to work. 21k miles and have had no negative consequences as a result of daily driving....not even a new clutch yet (as of last month...76% worn). I haven't notice any more door dings than the other cars suffer being driven intermittently....the dent doctor makes a trip over to the house about every other month to take care of them.

I am very happy to drive it as my daily driver and will do it again.

9. CabooseF430

CabooseF430 Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    I would use a 612 for everyday driving

10. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    You can consider traffice situation, length of drive for commuting, maintenace & insurance issue on this subject, and it must depends on each individual.
    W/out considering any other factors, 550/575 & 456 would be a great daily drive. Sure you can use 355 & 360, too, just for driving, but these cars don't have enough space for groceries for family man!

11. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    please don't joke, some Ferrari exec might take you seriously and actually make one :-(

12. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    My 365 is my daily driver when I am in the USA.

Not bad for a 29 year old car...

13. Cielo

Cielo Karting

Feb 3, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have driven it about half the days over the last 2 wks (alternating with my Z8). I have a short 10 minute commute with no stop and go traffic. I drive it back home at lunch. So about 40 minutes or so in the car a day. The one thing that is different - I no longer listen to the radio - not at all. I just enjoy the V12 with TUBIs. Great stress relief!

14. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    I have driven it about half the days over the last 2 wks (alternating with my Z8). I have a short 10 minute commute with no stop and go traffic. I drive it back home at lunch. So about 40 minutes or so in the car a day. The one thing that is different - I no longer listen to the radio - not at all. I just enjoy the V12 with TUBIs. Great stress relief!
    Reply With Quote"

Now that the life...... Just add an X pipe and its nirvana!

15. bSIG

bSIG Rookie

Mar 9, 2005
    USA
    Full Name:
    bSIG
    If I have one, I'll drive it almost everyday, except when I'm up in the mountains 4 wheeling or during those semi monthly meetings at work, when I'm "required" to drive a politically correct vehicle to appease the shareholders.

16. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    My 575 shares daily driver duties with the S55. I use the S if I am "it" for carpool duties, otherwise the Maranello is all I need.

17. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Why on earth would shareholders care what you drive if you deliver the goods? I have always believed it is just idiotic to pander to a group of people because they may possibly resent you for your success.

18. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

the world works in mysterious ways, and jealousy always rears its ugly head.

count on it.

19. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    I had the 355 as a daily driver for a week after getting it...just can't bring myself to drive the Alfa to work. But traffic congestion in the city where my office is located put paid to that and now whenever I'm back to KL I drive it on weekends where it can be driven as it's supposed to.

YES, the 355 can be driven daily albeit carefully. It helps if you have your own private parking lot and you know the person who's supposed to park next to you!

20. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I traded in my '02 911 for a '99 550 as my daily driver. Works great! I have a 40+ miles round trip commute, including stop and go. Some people say the clutch is a little heavy, but I haven't noticed. It's roomy, comfortable, has good ground clearance, and has tons of torque. The 550 is "almost" like a "real" car.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49774

I would *not* use my 360 as a daily driver. It's too "edgy" and doesn't seem to like constant stop and go traffic. The low ground clearance also makes it a no-go for my commute, as well as the somewhat rough ride when compared to my 550.

Tim

21. buzduz74

buzduz74 Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    Buzz Marcus
    I have a 360 Modena and put about 1000 miles a month. Car runs better every day. Used about 4 days a week.
    Live in Fla.