Progress report & more questions 365gt | FerrariChat

Progress report & more questions 365gt

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by stevehuck, Mar 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevehuck

stevehuck Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Sterling Hgts, Mi
    Full Name:
    Steven Huck
    #1 stevehuck, Mar 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well after 2 weeks of being sick I am back to work on the car. Wiring is done in the trunk and right front of the car. Air conditioning pump is mounted and the alternators are in.

Questions!!

I would like to mount the air conditioning blower in the car. There is a bracket that bolts to it on each side and bolts to the firewall. The firewall being fiberglass, should there be a piece of metal backing up the bracket. There is a photo below with the location of the holes marked out. Could someone take a peek and see if there is something there. Maybe snap a shot of it if there is so i will know what it looks like.

AND!!

The control valves for the heat. Where are these located? Do they just hang from the hose that attaches to them. Do they hover above the coils or are they inside the car under the dash? Also a photo below. A photo of them in place would be a huge help as well.

PS.

Drew365, did you get your car back yet?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dgrperformance

dgrperformance Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2005
    Oceanside, CA
    Air conditioning brackets are mounted with bolts and nuts with star washers . I have two of these cars sitting in the garage and both are the same. Are you going to install the firewall padding? I can not imagine it will be to easy with the engine in.

Control valves for the heater mount directly on the heater core housings that are inside the fenders. See the mechanical parts book for hose routing and orientation. There is also a shut off valve located on the heater hose on the lower radiator hose manifold.

Zac

3. dgrperformance

Feb 28, 2005
    Oceanside, CA
    #3 dgrperformance, Mar 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    Steve; I have not gotten my car back yet. I've been busy at work and have not been bugging my mechanic, and he rarely does anything unless I bug him. Sorry, but Zac is giving good info. The heater boxes in the fender wells are a bear, good luck.

5. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Steve: Consider rebuilding that Heater valve while its out, the internals are pure 60's Monday morning Italian engineering! There is a very large rubber disc within that is stretched by the actuator to close ports and restrict the flow of coolant. That washer hardens and fails, leaving the heat on. It is a quick fix out of the car, a pain while in. Michael Bayer

6. stevehuck

stevehuck Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Sterling Hgts, Mi
    Full Name:
    Steven Huck
    I'm amazed being that it's only fiberglass. AMEN they go in sunday.

No. I think i'm going to lay down some dynamat on the inside under the carpet and against the firewall on the inside to keep a clean look under the hood.

There is no picture of the heater boxes in the parts book that i have. There is a photo of the shutoff valve, but no indication of where that goes, only that it tee's off of something. If you have some info could you scan the page? I did'nt take the car apart. That is why i ask for so many photos. They help more than anybody could ever know.

They are done. Inners are like new and working perfectly. The shutoff valve is another story. It will need new inners.

7. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Whay are there two alternators on this model?

8. dgrperformance

Feb 28, 2005
    Oceanside, CA
    U.S. model has twin alternators to operate the ridiculously oversized cooling fans