HAPPY EASTER GUYS/GALS!! | FerrariChat

HAPPY EASTER GUYS/GALS!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by L8Braker, Mar 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
  2. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    What is Easter? I am not joking, I just reilised I have no idea what it means...(being a godless commie and all)

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    ...GET OFF THE SAUCE..............

4. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
  5. zach_300zxTT

zach_300zxTT Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Zach Lindsey
    Realized*

I'm not Jewish, but I still know what Hanukkah is; even if you're an atheist, you should still know what Easter is. Ridiculous.

6. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Yesterday besides being Good Friday was also Purim , did you know that? and do you know what it is? Don't feel bad if you don't as I don't really either and I'm Jewish. I know it's Easter tomorrow but I really don't know what Easter is either. Something about Jesus a bunny and my people being blamed for killing him right after his Passover supper. This religious thing confuses me and is a good thing my Irish Catholic wife is in charge of bringing up our 6 year old Daughter as a Jew

7. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Happy Easter everyone! I just ate some peeps. I like to bite the ears off first and then eat the rest of the bunny. LOL.

8. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Hey Scott,

Tell you what I'll explain Easter to you, and then you can explain Purim to me.

So you tell me your Jewish. Well you know how the Jewish priests gave an offering of a lamb to God to have the sins of the Jews forgiven. They had to do this alot right. Even on Passover you are supposed to put the blood of a perfect lamb over the door so that spirit of death wouldn't kill the first born son. How about the original sin that took place in the Garden of Eden that made us all sinners from the get go. Then there are all the rules and regulations that we have to follow. Well we all know how hard that is to do. As a matter of fact it is almost impossible not to break one of the rules. This is were Christ comes in. God loved the world so much that he sent his only son to die on the cross, so that anyone that believes in him will not die but live forever. Now this means your spirit, that you get to go to heaven with God, and live with him forever. Well all of us are the reason he died. He came here to save everyone from their sins, and ... to set us free from all the rules and regulations. He was the final sacrifice. Well back in the day the preists didn't like the idea that Jesus was telling people that he was the Son of God. The Jewish priests believe in the Mesiah, they just didn't want to believe it was Jesus. So they wanted to get rid of him. But this was the plan from the get go. God knew that his son was gonna be killed, thats why he sent him. But here is the dilemma. The preists laws didn't allow them to kill anyone. Well the Romans were the guys that ruled the place, and under their rules they could kill people. So the preist had Jesus found, beat the tar out of him, and then took him to the Romans to have them kill Jesus. Well Pilot, the guy that was in charge of the area where the Jews were, didn't want to kill Jesus, because he couldn't find anything wrong that would warrant him putting Jesus to death. So he had Jesus whipped and beat, to see if that would be enough to let him go. Well they beat him so bad that you couldn't tell if he was a man or an animal. Just imagine a pile of walking bloody flesh. Thats what Jesus looked like after they got done with him. But that wasn't enough they wanted him dead. Back then to worst death that you could died of was to be crucified. Well once a year Pilot used to set free one criminal. So Pilot though that he could use this to set Jesus free. Well Pilot brought out the worst guy that they had locked up. His name was Brarabas. I bet he thought that no way would the Jews set this guy free, and that they would set Jesus free. But nope, they set Barabas free, and sealed Jesus death by crucifiction. So that is just what happened. Jesus had to carry the cross on his back all the way to the hill were he was going to crucified. So all beat up to shreds, and bloody, Jesus carried the cross to hill. Then Jesus was nailed up on the cross, and died. Just as God his father had asked him to. That happend on Good Friday. All the beating, the whipping, and the final crucifiction was supposed to be our punishment. But Chirst stepped in and took all that for us. Well you think that is the end of it, nope. After Jesus was beat, crucified and died he had to go to hell. He had to go there to take the punishment of all of the sins of everyone that had ever lived and will ever live. After Christ settled the score in hell he came back to life on the third day after he was crucified. Well the day that he came back is called Easter. When they barried him they wrapped his body in white linnen, and put him in a tomb. They rolled a huge stone in front of the opening. On the morning of the first day of the week Mary Magdalene, a woman who was a prostitute, and who Jesus had saved from being stoned to death, he also drove out seven demons from her, and Mary, the woman that gave birth to Jesus, were one the way to the tomb. Well when they got there the stone was rolled away from the tomb and when they looked inside Jesus body was gone, but the linnen that they had wrapped him in was still there. Later in the day Jesus first appeared to Mary Magdalene, and then she went and told the guys that followed Jesus that he was alive. Well they did believe her, but later in the day Jesus appeared to them also, and let them have it for not believing her. He said to them "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Who ever believes and is baptised will be saved, but who ever does not believe will be condemed."

So there you have it. Easter is all about God sending is only son to pay for our sins so that we can be saved.

Okay so now it's your turn. What is Purim all about?

9. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    What about the Bunny? Read your story twice and no mention of a bunny. Maybe the Bunny part morphed from the prostitute giving us goodies?
    Heard my wife lecturing to my daughter this morning before taking her to Hebrew school about not talking about her Easter basket. When she went to pick her up she heard all the kids talking about what they got in their Easter baskets. So I guess happy Easter and happy Purim to all of us.
    Had to look up Purim on line here is a short version.

To a Festive Celebration for
    the Jewish Holiday of
    Purim
    Purim is the most festive of Jewish holidays, a time of prizes, noisemakers, costumes and treats. The Festival of Purim commemorates a major victory over oppression and is recounted in the Megillah, the scroll of the story of Esther. Purim takes place on the fourteenth and fifteenth days of Adar, the twelfth month of the Jewish calendar. This year (2005) Purim begins at sundown on the 24th of March

10. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Hey thanks for the info. I just looked it up after you told me it was in the book of Esther.

As for the bunnys, eggs, baskets, chocolate and all the other stuff. I have no idea.

11. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    Happy Easter.

12. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Okay I did a little more looking and here is what I found out:

The custom of exchanging eggs began long before Easter was celebrated. It was a custom of the Egyptians and the Persians. They exchanged eggs decorated in Spring colors. They believed Earth hatched from an egg which contributed to this custom. Early Christians used red colored eggs to symbolize the Resurrection. In England they began writing messages and dates on their eggs and exchanging them with friends and loved ones. In the 1800's, candied eggs were made. They were open on one end and a scene was put inside. They were used as table centerpieces.

Rabbits symbolized new life and rebirth in ancient Egypt. They considered it a symbol of the moon as the moon determines the date of Easter. The Easter Bunny's visit is based upon a German Legend. The legend goes that a poor woman decorated eggs for her children to find during a famine. At the moment they found them, they looked up to see a big bunny hopping away.