ROARING RED & silent YELLOW. pics. | FerrariChat

ROARING RED & silent YELLOW. pics.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by chaa, Mar 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    #1 chaa, Mar 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hooked up with a mate today in his yellow spider that he bought last month its a 97 5.2 motronic. Looks great but what a disapointment in the performance and sound department. It seems that the last owner put on an after market QUITE exhaust, and i do mean quite, it does not even sound like a 355, more like a hair dryer on the 3rd setting. I did not know that you could get after market quite exhausts. I took a look and indeed it was not standard.
    Ofcourse this afects the power big time. I drove his and he drove mine ( a 95 2.7 mo), and he would not get out of it. He and his girl could not beleve how quite his is compared to mine.And he swears that mine had three times the power, and i agree., i could not keep with them at all. Now he wants to buy a real after market exhaust tomorrow first thing to relese that power, as well as wanting the same wing badges, mats,foot rests and 295s with spacers. Ops what have i created? I explained that even the standard exhaust sounds like Holy Hell, but no he now wants to spend a small fortune.
    So this evening when we had done he and his girl got back in there spider and put the hood up sulking, becourse they were embarased to be seen and not heard.
    Did any one know that there was an quite after market exhaust??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Chaa i dont think ive heard a quiet exhaust on a ferrari,sound's like he enjoyed your car m8 now he's gona spend loads of £ to make it sound like it should great stuff.

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    cha has your mate had that car for about 3 months

4. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Dale i have never ever heard anything like it,ever it sounds like a normal car, it has not got the distinctive 355 sound at all, what so ever. I am wondering if the last owner had it made. Mate it was sooo quite. It made the standard system sound like a tubi with straights, i swear.

5. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    No why do ya ask?

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    was talking to to trev who services my car and said he had done the belts on a yellow spider that a lad had just bouhgt with a quiet sports exhaust on

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Nice pics, Chaz. Doesn't a quiet sports exhaust kinda defeat the point :confused: :D;)

8. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan

Chaa i cant believe you know shadow m8 i was shocked when you put the pj evans post up yesterday,he's a good laught shad is chaa great guy,the guy knows his ferrari stuff very well to and so helpfull,he owe's me a pint know for saying all these nice things about him LOL :D

9. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Quiet exhausts on a Ferrari??? Well would please my Eco Warrior neighbour!!

Its probably mega restrictive so killing the cars performance...

10. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Oh so thats two then. This car was last done by Cartwright before my guy owned it.
    Personaly i think its down to the puney under powerd sloppy, single airflowed meterd chocked up and prissey slow 5.2 motronic 355s that were made after 97, kind of girly. Get ya selfs the 95/96 2.7 full powerd hairy chested ones ya wimps. LOL!

11. RF128706

RF128706 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Chaa, are you sure the bypass valve's working ? Before your pal spends his cash you should try wiring open the bypass & see what happens. If the bypass isn't working my money's on a vacuum leak.

RF.

12. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #12 tonyh, Mar 25, 2005
    Like this?

13. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Good point RF, i will see him again today so i will look. Though it did have another system on so thats why i asumed a quite system, thanks for ya input dude.

14. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Now that!!.....is what i am talking about Tony. What and you handel that beast all by your self mate??? Yea for Tony!! Though saying that as i remember the Captain of the Battleship HMS HERMES was a short dude, so i take it all back, LOL!

15. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #15 tonyh, Mar 26, 2005
    I'm only a litte fella, but i do my best ;)