328: Air-conditioner control switch: | FerrariChat

328: Air-conditioner control switch:

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Gatorrari, Mar 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'm curious about the function of the air-conditioner control switch in the 328. This isn't the fan switch I'm referring to, but the switch with the blue surround that is directly behind the gearshift.

Every other car I've ever been in has an a/c switch which is simply "on" or "off", but the Ferrari's is a rotary switch. Is there varying levels of "on" in this car? Or is the a/c "on" as soon as you pass the click-stop detent, with the result that turning the knob further does nothing more? The owner's manual is (naturally) vague on this point.

2. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    I believe that this turns the AC compressor on, then gives you varying degrees of 'coldness' (temperature control).

3. tamf328

tamf328 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    that's correct, I've got a 328, it's the temp setting for how cold you want it....
    the other is the fan.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Think of it like a thermostat, only with out degree markings. Most folks just turn it all the way, along with the fan....even when it's only in the eighties outside, it seems to barely keep up.

Dave