Hey guys, im new, just want to introduce myself | FerrariChat

Hey guys, im new, just want to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by jbsmooth1, Mar 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jbsmooth1

jbsmooth1 Karting

Jul 8, 2004
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Jon Bresler
    Hi all, i ve been reading these forums for awhile, but now im deciding to join in on the posting. Anyways, im from Bethesda, MD and am 17. Unfortunately, my parents dont own any ferrari's and i can't convince my dad yet! (he drives and M3 conv. and my mom drives and XKR). Anyways, i'd love to join in on a run or any gatherings in the DC area. I hope my 1968 Chevelle which im almost done restoring will be able to keep up! Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself.

Jon

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Welcome aboard.

You're a little south of us, maybe a bit far for a run, but welcome none the less.

DM

3. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Greetings Jon, and welcome to the site. I'm also located in Bethesda. Next time there's a local drive/get-together, I'll let you know. If Barbara doesn't want to go, there's always room in the passenger seat. Or, if your Chevelle is ready, bring it along.
    Enjoy this site; loads of info and a great bunch o' people.

4. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Welcome Jon.

5. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    welcome...i'd love to see pics of the chevelle.

6. jbsmooth1

jbsmooth1 Karting

Jul 8, 2004
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Jon Bresler
    Here ya go....i just updated them today. I ve been working on it all week, putting in the new interior and finishing up the 4 wheel disc brake swap. I ordered a fastburn 350 yesterday, should be in the car by 1st week of may. I ll continue to post pics...but heres a link to the current pics.

-btw. thanks for the warm welcoming, you guys seem like a great bunch of ferrari loving guys (and girls, maybe, i dunno)
    http://community.webshots.com/album/145605965YRCkTv

7. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Hey Jon,
    Welcome! Thanks for posting the pics. They bring back a lot of memories. I had a '69 Chevelle many years ago and I still like the lines of the car compared to the '70-'72. Good luck with your restoration. Keep the faith! You'll get an F-car one day!

8. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    lookin' good...keep it up...restoring cars is a real skill...which I don't posess.

9. jbsmooth1

jbsmooth1 Karting

Jul 8, 2004
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Jon Bresler
    thanks...well, its really not too hard!! all you gotta do is find a car you can sink your teeth into, and let her rip!! i'm being mentored through the process by a friend who has been doing it all his life (hes in his 50's). But anyways, i ll be glad to show any of you fellow f-chatters the car at a gathering. hey, i ll even trade you a ride for a ride in an f-car ;)

10. PrancingHorseFan

PrancingHorseFan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    delaware
    welcome, as for your parents not owning an fcar dont worry. m3s and xkrs are very nice. my parents dont own any fcars either.

11. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
  12. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    Welcome..the skills you're building up now will be of great use to you in the future..especially with F-cars, young Jedi..

Chris

13. jbsmooth1

jbsmooth1 Karting

Jul 8, 2004
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Jon Bresler
    Thanks. I could only be so lucky as to restore a ferrari one day *dream*. Anyone need a California Spider that needs restoration...;)

14. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Welcome to the group!

Nice Chevelle, are those Baer PBRs?

LS

15. jbsmooth1

jbsmooth1 Karting

Jul 8, 2004
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Jon Bresler
    Nope, Stainless Steel Brake Corp., i was considering Baers and Wilwoods, but the SSBC's came in a couple thousand cheaper, for very similar brakes. dual piston fronts and single piston rears, stops really well!

16. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    I think you will find this an interesting group of Ferrari enthusiasts.

If you are interested check out this link:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50941

It goes into specifics about a car gathering on Sunday mornings in Burtonsville, MD.

Chances are, you'll see a Chevelle or 2, especially when Spring finally gets here.

I'm hoping to get more Ferraris/exotics to show up.

Ken Visser

17. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Cool, they look like C4 Vette brakes. Hopefully we'll see your car soon.

LS

18. jbsmooth1

jbsmooth1 Karting

Jul 8, 2004
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Jon Bresler
    next outing, she'll definitely be there! I just got the new motor in today, i cant wait to put it in

19. BobO

BobO Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Loudoun Co, VA
    Full Name:
    Bob O
    Good to have you onboard. I work in the office building across from BCC. Maybe we can meet up soon for lunch? Your ride looks sweet. I do Chevy's too - got '67 and '04 Vettes.

20. jbsmooth1

jbsmooth1 Karting

Jul 8, 2004
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Jon Bresler
    yea sure, i go to Landon, so thats only 5 min or so from BCC. PM me or something we can figure it out once the weather warms up a bit