no plate question | FerrariChat

no plate question

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by mercedesbenze55amg, Mar 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mercedesbenze55amg

mercedesbenze55amg Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    I went down to CA about a month ago and I have seen numerious exotics running around with out plates, only the dealer's plate as in like one with the the name and maybe a ferrari logo, no serial numbers or anything, How does that work out? I saw a black F575 with only a a Ferrari logo plate on...o_O

2. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It works out great until the cops pull you over and give you a fix it ticket. However, I am one of the people that still have dealer plates on after 4 months. I think it looks better and the truth is I'm really lazy.

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    How does a non-dealer do this? Or is it cheap and easy to get a dealer's license?

Jon

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I guess what I meant was I have the plates that come on a new car that advertise for the dealer. Sorry for the confusion.

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I admire and respect your laziness. Now you've got me thinking about my dealer license idea. How much would a Ferrari fan spend to avoid sticking a front plate on his car?

Hmmm.

Jon

6. KRIS P.

KRIS P. Karting

Feb 15, 2005
    The OC
    don't have plates on any of my cars.....have never go a ticket. No cop is dump enought to pull you over in a Lambo or Newer Ferrari.

7. mercedesbenze55amg

mercedesbenze55amg Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    See i dont see how thats safe, for example if your car got jacked, they have no ID for it. Also here in MA you get pulled over if you just dont have a FRONT plate on never mind a rear. I dont know maybe CA is just more relaxed in that sense... it just seems like pure and utter disorder as a state to allow it... I dont care if its a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or McLaren F1. I mean there are enough Ferrari's around that they could be mixed up etc...

8. KRIS P.

KRIS P. Karting

Feb 15, 2005
    The OC
    It's great on the toll road, or those traffic light cameras. J/K I think it just makes the car look cleaner.

9. KRIS P.

KRIS P. Karting

Feb 15, 2005
    The OC
    You'd have to be crazy to put a front plate on a ferrari...

10. Radie8

Radie8 Rookie

Aug 21, 2004
    I went 7 months before I put plates on my 04 Modena. 6k miles and never got hassled. I was pulled over once for a "lane violation" and the officer, who was very nice, did not even ask for "license and registration" and did not comment on no plates. Also, no ticket, just a gentle warning and a "nice car" goodbye....
    YMMV

11. f430f1

f430f1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2005
    The best way to avoid any hassle on the freeways with the CHP(aside from not breaking any traffic laws) is to fully join the "1199" foundation.

You will get the chrome "member-1199 foundation" plate frame.

As far as having no front plates, it varies from city to city as far as enforcement goes. Cities with the red light cameras are more apt to enforce the no plate v.c.

Also meter maids could ticket you when you're parked for the infraction.

Those that have gotten away with it for a long time, congrats but eventually, you will get ticketed but again, it really depends on the city and the officer(s) involved.

12. KRIS P.

KRIS P. Karting

Feb 15, 2005
    The OC

I get that a lot, with my Gallardo and even with my H1. As far as the "1199" thing it's $1800 for the membership. An OCSD CCW works well to. (That has other perks too.) Have gotten out of a lot of tickets with that.

13. Scott21

Scott21 Rookie

Oct 13, 2004
    If you get a ticket, just let it go to collection and pay the $700 collection fee. That should'nt be a problem for most of you guys.