Italian Car Parts | FerrariChat

Italian Car Parts

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by nemrava, Mar 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nemrava

nemrava Karting

Jan 2, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Joseph Nemrava
    Could anyone share his/her experience with them?
    They have a nice website and sell a line of mufflers/exhaust systems. What make is it?
    Thanks for you input.

2. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I've used them in the past and found them to be OK. Some parts are pricey but it's the Ferrari thing. They are good to talk to and very helpfull. Delivery is very good. Call them and ask what you're looking for they will help.

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I use them for just about all my Alfa needs. In fact I just called them yesterday for about $300 worth of stuff. I have never had a problem. They have a pretty good catalog.

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    OK, hold it. I was thinking IAP, not Italian Car Parts. My mistake. I have not bought from Italian Car Parts before.

5. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I have bought a ton of things from Italian Car parts.. Always quick and good to deal with!

Rich

6. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I've used Italian Car Parts off and on for years, and actually helped the owner with the graphics for some of the reproduction labels he offers. The owner is a Ferrari guy himself and very friendly and knowledgeable. Good selection, but sometimes higher priced than other sources so be sure to shop around.

7. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    My experience with them has been very good overall. The prices on some items are a little higher than other resources, but nothing outrageous!

They are quick with my orders and I always receive items in good condition.

I have not used them for awhile, but would not hesitate to use them again.

If you are looking for Ferrari apparel stuff, try "The Italian Image" website as they seem to be much lower in price for simple things like T-shirts, caps, mugs, etc.. Excellent service and quick, quick, quick delivery! Very nice folks there that are very helpful and often include little bonus gifts with your order - small stuff like plastic key rings, Ferrari stickers, etc....

If any of you have other sources, please post them along with your experiences in ordering with them.

8. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I actually have to disagree with most of the post so far. I bought a H2O rebuild kit from them and when I called with a question they were not very helpfull....they said they sold those mostly to (ferrari) shops and since I wasn't they weren't all that sympathetic to my plight.

Just a one time experience but I haven't been back since.

9. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    On Italian Car Parts:

I like:

*Decent service on in stock parts
    *Pricing: OK, no problems.
    *No problems with returns and cc credits (Probably better than most companies)
    *They will take used parts at times for credit. I gave them an old 308 water pump housing for a $75 credit.

I did not like:

*One order was incorrect (Out of five)
    *I hate their voice mail when calling (But Charles does return calls)
    *I mentioned Darth's name and the guy hung up on me!

10. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Priceless!

11. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I have never used them, but have heard that customer service and delivery are very good. I find their pricing too high (and this from a Ferrari owner! ;) ). I have found numerous items I can get less expensively elsewhere...example; UFI oil filters are cheaper at Ferrari of Seattle.