Saw a Darwin Award contestant today | FerrariChat

Saw a Darwin Award contestant today

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by WILLIAM H, Mar 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    This JackA$$ was SMOKING while pumping gas, I really wanted to scream some sense into him but I am sure his cranium was already empty. Cops are usually at that station I would have loved to have turned him in for endangering everyone including his stupid self

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I've got a better one...

One year while visiting the Phoenix area there was a news report of a fire at a gas station. It turns out that some idiot was pumping gas and found that the clip to hold the handle in the on position was broken. His solution...stick his Bic lighter in there to hold it for him. The lighter slipped causing sparks and igniting the car, the station, etc. Unfortuntely this Darwin award candidate escaped uninjured.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    After the big one in 1994, I was at a gas station when the first big aftershock hit. There was some idiot smoking a cigarette. I yelled at him to put it out. He shook his head no and flipped me off. I walked over to him, took it out of his mouth and stamped it out while saying, "DO I NEED TO TELL YOU NOT TO SMOKE A FVCKING CIGARETTE IN A GAS STATION DURING AN EARTHQUAKE?"

DL

4. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt

only in the "310"

5. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    818...AM/PM in Encino! ;)

DL

6. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    They must have been visiting from the "310" to get their Saab fixed.

7. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    The local paper way, way up there must have run out of ink in the 90's!

DL

8. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt

Right.....It's Volvo's now.

What was I thinking. With all the "310" maven's rolling around in the uber-SUV's, safety first.

Plus the leather clown shoe's that are so in fashion don't scuff the fine Volvo plastic.

9. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Sorry, I forgot. The Santa Ana winds blew the signals the other way. No more Volvos either!

DL

10. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I was hangin' at the Red Rooster in Brewster a few years ago, when some bozo pulled his car into the gas station across the street, right up to the pump area covered by an overhang. There was only one small problem when he pulled in: his car was already on fire, belching flames from under the hood. Seconds later, the halon system, or whatever it's called, let loose, and the entire area disappeared in a thick cloud of white powder. I finished my hot dog and drove off.

11. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Is that place as funny as it sounds?

DL

12. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    #12 whart, Mar 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It's an icon, like some of the hot dog stands you have in LA. It's a true, vintage, hamburger/malt/hot dog stand, no real dining area inside, picnic tables, coin operated kid's rides and mini-golf outside. Next door is a ****-hole motel from the 50's called the "Bel-Air."
    Once suggested to my wife that we sell all our ****, move up there- we can eat at the Rooster, have parties at the mini-golf course, and if anybody asks, we can always say "We live in Bel-Air."
    Here's a pic:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    LOL, They probably charged him more for the halon recharge than his car was worth :)