Upcoming sponsor, need feedback on ideas! | FerrariChat

Upcoming sponsor, need feedback on ideas!

Discussion in '360/430' started by RossoCorsaItaly, Mar 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hi! Allow me to introduce myself, I am Kevin from NAPerformance.com and after getting a few Ferrari customers in the last two months I've decided to become an F-Chat sponsor. What we will basically be doing is we will have the largest selection of Ferrari aftermarket products at the greatest prices (sure, but doesn't everyone have that?). Yes they do, which is why will also be offering custom made products. We can make just about anything you can think of at prices that are unbelievable.

Basically what I want from you guys is feedback on what you think the aftermarket Ferrari world needs. Here is what I am planning on putting into production so far.

Ferrari F355:

Aftermarket exhaust manifolds that will have a lifetime warranty (For people who are tired of replacing them). They will look great, improve performance, and come with a lifetime warranty (still kept even if you sell the car). The manifolds will cost less then $3,000.00 and will ALLWAYS be in stock and available on order for people who are stranded and have a Ferrari meet to go to.

Aftermarket Exhausts: Now there are plenty of these but I am laughing at companies who are selling $4,000+ exhausts at something that cost them less then $1,000.00 to make. My rule of thumb is if I make 10% profit on a product, I am happy, I don't see the need to get greedy. We will be offering exhausts with lifetime warranty's with the quality of Tubi. We will also do some r&d into these to make sure they put more power out then any other competitors. The price of the exhaust will be less then $1,400.00

So far these are just a few ideas I have in my head. We are planning on becoming sponsors April 15th-May 1st.

I also apologize about the website, the Ferrari section is currently under construction! Me and the crew have been up all night working on it and hopefully it'll be done in a few weeks.

Also, please keep this thread on-topic if you have any questions about me or just want to talk cars send me an emai at [email protected]

Moderators: This post has been approved by Rob.

Thank you all and I hope to be doing business with you soon!

Best Regards,
    Kevin

P.S.- I am currently in the market for a 348 or an F355 at the right price, email me at [email protected] if you're looking to make a quicker sale, I have cash in hand.

2. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Kevin, I like you attitude about pricing. Hope you have great success here.

3. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    John,

Thanks for the kind words! Your email was replied to btw.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

4. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

Good luck John...we look forward to see your products...btw you will have big shoes to fill around here...it is a tuff crowd. ;)

5. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Spyderman,

Thanks for the kind words and my name's Kevin unless you were saying good luck to John.

Regards,
    Kevin

Also to all out there, I am willing to hear any opinions good or bad. Let me know what you want replaced in your Ferrari. If you want to replace unreliable factory parts with aftermarket better performing ones, we can do that. If you want to get something aftermarket but don't want to pay the ridiculous mark-ups because you drive a Ferrari, post it up. Speak now or forever hold your peace! Well, maybe not forever. :)

Regards,
    Kevin

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    It would be nice to know if you expand your header work. I for one am very interested in a set for my 328GTS.

7. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Don't forget us Lambo people - Think Gallardo :)

8. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Of course, we get terrible pricing unless we buy 10 sets so as long as I can get 5 interested buyers I can stock 5 sets. Once I become a sponsor I can post a thread in the 328 section of the forums. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me at 405-255-1803 if you have any questions at all regarding this.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Richard,

Not to worry at all, as soon as we finish our Ferrari section we plan on starting a massive online aftermarket Lamborghini shop. If there is anything in particular you're interested in let me know and we can work something out.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Thanks for the inputs guys, more is appreciated!

9. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Oh, does anyone have any specific input on the Exh manifolds, I'm looking to do this first and I know many people have posted about problems in the past. Any F355 owners or former F355 owners feel free to chime in.

Regards,
    Kevin

10. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Sorry Kevin...it was you I was talking about ;) Good luck, again!

Re: wish list: I would love to get a performance chip for my Stradale...I already have the NGT Tubi and I can run on 94 octane...but I do not want to pay $3000 for a chip that promises 50 HP but gets me 5 HP :(

I will let you know if something else comes to mind :)

11. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'm not familiar with the Stradale and what can be used to tune it. But if I ask some tuners I can probably offer chips at less then a $1,000.00 and give truthful dyno gains. Maybe 8-9whp. I will research this some more and post up information.

Regards,
    Kevin

12. rketex7

rketex7 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    K.C.Y.
    Kevin,

I think the manifold for will be great for F355, would it be a complete new system or some sort of rebuild with the core exchange like QV. How about a group buy for your first batch???
    Why would it be $3,000 vs. $1,199.99 for a NSX DC headers? R & D cost? I think all we wish for is a system that don't break, not so much of hp gain, but that would be nice too.
    I will probably get a set when my99 goes in for 30k later on this year.
    How about Cats replacement like Hyper-flow? Perhaps cost less than HF with life time warranty?
    Best of luck,

13. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    how about timing belt that doesn't need to be replaced every 3 years?

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Kevin -

Great to see you on this board, and from the looks of it, you will be another responsive sponsor. Seems like you are focusing on the right things. Other things you might want to consider:

- Carbon fiber trim (think, door sills, engine side panels, center tunnel, etc. - there are others that make it, but is also room for a more "efficient" manufacturer)

- LED's for the tailights (will extend to the 360 and 550 line too, as we all use the same lens)

- Skid plates (although this is a fairly saturated field)

- Passenger foot plates

Ryan (ryalex) is also in the process of building some interesting CF pieces for the 355 and other models - swap notes with him to avoid duplication, and to create a truly broad array of products.

Best.

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    A new belt + tensioner system in that vein would rock to say the least.

16. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    rketex7,

I will be offering a FULL replacement with a lifetime warranty. The price will be well under $3,000.00. When I said $3,000.00 I just wanted to give people a ball park price. We are looking at less then $2,500.00 and that's only because of the lifetime warranty.

Replacement cats yes I can probably do something like that for less then a $1,000.00. I recently had a set of Hyperflows for a 360 in stock and the quality of them was amazing. The customer who bought them also said he noticed a decent difference in power. I could go as far as replicating a design similair to the Hyperflow just offering it at a reasonable price. All my products would include a lifetime warranty as I do stand by them.

Regards,
    Kevin

17. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'd really have to look into this. I'd have to contact somebody that would know more about this then I do and look into putting something in production. I to think it's very unreasonable to change the timing belt so often. This is something I can start researching in a couple of months once I start getting everything more established and settled down. (I hope this answers your question also Tom.)

Also I have a big update. We have teamed up with a new fabricator to bring products at a higher quality and this fabricator doesn't require quanity buys. He is located in San Diego so if you want something one off we would need you to be around that area or have someone with a car around that area.

If you are still interested in getting the headers made I can get you a price under $1,800.00 if you allow us to use your car and I will also need to dyno test it to see the gains my headers gave over the factory. Let me know if you are interested.

To everyone: We are looking for an F355 to begin production on the manifolds on. I have somebody that will let me use theirs but they are in Georgia and I would hate to ship a car to San Diego when I could most likely find somebody in San Diego. You will get the headers at a very cheap price (below my cost) and we will dyno your car to see what gains the manifolds gave.

This goes for any other product you are interested in for any Ferrari.

Regards,
    Kevin

18. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin

Ghost,

Thanks, I will definantely consider all your ideas and right now we are focusing on getting engine parts out of the way. But in the next month or so I will take all your ideas into consideration and see about putting them into production.

I will also be contacting Ryan in a few weeks once I get a few things established with my other dealers.

Also I noticed your Ferrari is for sale, I broker cars for a very small fee (2.5%). If you're interseted it won't cost you anything. Shoot me an email at [email protected]

Regards,
    Kevin

Thanks for the responses everyone, glad to be part of a responsive community such as this one. Keep em coming!

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    No worries Kevin. Do what you have to first to get the biz up and running for the Ferrari community and then focus on the "gravy." LED taillights would be three-T HOT-T-T!!

I'll send you a PM about my car in a bit.

20. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Sounds good!

21. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    TTT

More suggestions! :)

22. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  23. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Need more feedback guys!

Best Regards,
    Kevin

24. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Update: We are offering the F355 owner in So.Cal who lets use the car a FREE set of manifolds, free dyno-tune, and our cost on any other parts (OEM, aftermarket, etc)

Regards,
    Kevin

25. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Please make sure your exhaust manifolds have the proper heat shields, like the factory ones.