CS Factory Harness Seat Belts - USA Suppliers? | FerrariChat

CS Factory Harness Seat Belts - USA Suppliers?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 410SA, Mar 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I've seen several posted pics of CS's with the Euro available harness belts (with Ferrari logos). I have tried in vain to find these belts in the USA. I was advised by the parts manager at Scottsdale Ferrari to source them from a European dealer and Scottsdale would install them for me.

Does anyone know of a US source for these belts, or failing that, any source?

2. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Is there truly nobody on this forum who knows where to get OEM harness seat belt for the CS?

I'm surprised - or is it such a hot issue that no-one want to be identified as knowing anything about a genuine Ferrari product that is being denied to owners of US based CS's.

3. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Alex,

I am just as surprised as you are...I wanted to get them as well for my CS. I will call my dealer to see what he can do on Monday.

4. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    First, I strongly recommend NOT installing harnesses unless you install the rollbar... without the rollbar, harnesses can be deadly in the case of a rollover as they force your neck to be the roof support.

Second, Ferrari SpA cannot legally sell the rollbar and harnesses in the US due to the US government stupidity. So, don't blame Ferrari for witholding them from you... blame the US government.

However, to answer your question... the first place I'd ask is Ferrari UK... a FerrariChat sponsor... http://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/ ... they MIGHT be able to sell them to you. If not, you might need to get help from an owner in Europe.

5. peterb

peterb Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    milan italy
    Full Name:
    peter ross
    I have them on my Challenge Stradale. Believe me that they are not the most confortable belts to wear and once you are belted in- the amount of space you have to move around is quite limited. I would stick with what you have unless you intend to go on the track very frequently

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#6 Ricambi America, Mar 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Alex -

I don't think this is exactly what you're looking for, but on a true 360CH, the belts are FNA part number 183380, and retail around $800 each.

Not comfortable for a true gentleman; or his traveling companion of the female persuasion.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Thanks for the FNA info but according to Jim Summers at F of Scottsdale, the CS and 360 Challenge use different attachment systems and different belts as well.

8. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Where did you get yours from? I have harnesses in a couple of my cars, especially the ones I track from time to time. I know how they limit your mobility in the seat. That's the point!